Results 1 to 20 of 25
22-03-2014, 01:27 PM #1
Monster MMORPG - Free Online RPG MMO Game Like Pokemon Gen 3 - [Browser Based] [F2P]
* Hello everyone. Some specific information before I start. My name is Furkan Gözükara and I am a PhD candidate computer engineer. My linked in profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/monstermmorpg
* I am developing this game alone with the contributions of volunteer artists, players and other people. However I am the only authorized person at the game and only coder.
* The game is completely playable however it is complete like 30% because of the many features planned are still missing and need to be done.
* I will post news at this thread so be sure to subscribe: D
* Since forum does allow maximum 20,000 characters for per post I will make 2 consequent posting
* In this thread there will be fair introduction to the game Monster MMORPG.
---- Game url: www.monstermmorpg.com
* Monster MMORPG is a totally free to play, no download or plugin required, browser based MMO RPG game. The game is similar to Pokémon generation 3 games. The game requires registration in order to play.
---- Click here to Register Monster MMORPG , Register page screenshot
* Registration is fairly simple. You pick up a username, type your password, type your email address (we require verification), choose your over-world sprite image (your character image when you are walking on the map), and pick up your favorite starting monster. You can change your username 1 time for free from your control panel. Your email, password, over-world sprite and even your starting monster can be changed infinite times from your control panel for free. You can also setup your profile avatar from your control panel.
---- Click here to go your Control Panel (requires login) , Control panel page screenshot
* The game screen is complicated at the beginning. There is map screen which shows your hero sprite and other players’ sprite. If you are familiar with Pokémon games it will be really easy for you to solve out. You can move on the map with keep pressing w,a,s,d or arrow keys on keyboard. Or you can use arrows on the game screen (this has another feature multiple step for faster moving). Also hovering your mouse on other players’ sprites will bring you shortcuts to offer PvP, see their user profile etc.
---- Game main interface screenshot
* There are 3 types of enterable buildings in the game. First one is Monster Center (MC) which lets you to setup your monster team and heal your team. Once your all Monsters are fainted you will be teleported to last visited MC building gate. The second one is Monster Market (MM). MM lets you buy/sell items both at NPC and bazaar. Also you can buy/sell your monsters at the bazaar and trade your monsters with other players. There is no buy/sell monster feature at NPC. And the third one is Ancient Arenas. In Ancient Arenas you will fight with the strongest NPC of that particular zone to earn your badge. In order to enter these buildings you have to move forward to their gates.
---- Buildings screenshot , Manage monsters at your monster storage interface screenshot , A market page example buy monster from bazaar screenshot
* In order to catch wild monsters you have to move on the monster appearing areas. There are few different types of map surfaces that lets you battle with monsters. The most common one is grass areas. On grass surfaces you will encounter with wild monsters depending on that map appearing ratios. Once you encountered with a wild monster, you can either try to run away or battle. Running away depends on your team maximum speed monster and wild monster speed. If your team highest speed monster is slower than wild monster, you will be forced to battle. This rule doesn't apply rare class monsters in order to prevent macro usage. Also there is a rare chance you may enter battle even if you are faster once again in order to prevent cheating.
* The game has very detailed battle mechanics. There are numerous status effects such as burn, freeze, cripple and all works. A lot of item effects such as increasing critic hit rate, or causing burn with a chance. Also each captured monster is stored individually with total different 64 values such as its nature, abilities, private pet name given by the owner etc. These requires battle interface being complex too. But the game prints the every action in the battle interface so just being careful will let you to understand battle mechanics. You can catch only wild monsters. The NPCs monsters and other players’ monsters cannot be caught. In order to catch you need to decrease wild monster HPs to certain percentages. Battle screen will print all the info you need. Once you caught the wild monster it will be sent to your team if your team monster count is lesser than 6. Otherwise they will be sent to your storage and you need to go to the Monster Center building in order to get it into your team.
---- Battle interface screenshot
* There are 7 different classes of Monsters (Regular, Superior, Starter, Emissary, Zenith, Legendary and Ancient). The weakest one are regular and strongest ones are Ancient. All monsters are obtainable on the maps expect starter monsters. Wild monsters and NPC trainers monsters stats are boosted according to the monsters classes. This makes game more challenging and requires coming up with strategies. The classes of monsters determines the total stat range, the ability pools of monsters and the moves of monsters. The game has 207 different abilities, 148 different natures. All monsters gets random 3 ability upon entering battle wild monster battle from their predefined ability pool and 1 random nature from the all nature pool.
---- Click here to visit Abilities page , Click here to visit Natures page
* All monsters also have individual training points (TP) and unique values (UV). Wild monsters always come with 0 TP points and TP points are earned upon each successive battles. They have upper and total limits which effects the stats of Monsters. Also UV values are determined upon entering wild monster battles and they never change after like nature and abilities of that certain monster. You can see all details of a wild monster while in the wild monster battle.
---- An individual monster detailed page screenshot (same for both tamed and wild monsters)
* Game has a very detailed Dex page which shows entries of all monsters. It provides a lot of sorting, filtering and searching features that makes your job easier. You can sort monsters by their total stats or how many there are of them in the game etc. You can filter them by their types, by the moves they know, by their class name basically anything you may need. You can also quickly have a peek of them with scrolling down. MonsterDex will be great source of information for you to understand monsters.
---- Click here to visit MonsterDex page , MonsterDex screenshot
* Each monster has its own Dex entry page. These pages shows all the information about monsters such as their individual base HP, Attack, Defense etc. stats, their class, types, catch rate (this is about catching rates with monster boxes), level gain rate (about how many EXP required for each level), base reward EXP (about how many EXP you will get upon defeating them in battles), AVG level in game, how many in game, reward TP points (after defeating in battles), the concept and drawing artists, the moves they can learn (some moves can be purchased from market and can be thought) and they will learn (when level up), their ability pool and many more stuff. You can also see their transformation chain and their bigger artwork images.
---- Example monster page: Monster Vesuverex , Example monster page screenshot
* Each player profile pages are also visible to all members. Game provides a lot of different statistics about each member such as Monsters Total EXP, Monsters Total EXP Rank, Different Monsters Count, Different Monsters Count Rank, etc. You can also see their team monsters and the monsters they have in their storage.
---- Example profile page screenshot part 1 , Example profile page screenshot part 2
* Game also provides very detailed online players and search a player page with lots of filtering and sorting features.
---- Search a player page screenshot , Online players screenshot
* Game also provides a tool for you to calculate/play with monster builds. A unique stat calculator page. It is open to public and doesn't require login. You can load your individual monster as well.
---- Click here to use unique Stat Calculator tool of Monster MMORPG game
* The game is composed by 19 different zones and total 520 maps. Each of first 18 zones represents an elemental type in the game such as poison, grass, flying etc. and the final one is named as mixed. Each zone has 3 cities and one of them are categorized as major city. Major cities do have battle arenas where you can battle with zone leader to earn ancient badge. Since the game maps are huge there some features to make players job easier. First one is pre-calculated path finding AI. All maps are coded in the database as positions and with a specially developed AI software, all coordinates map routes are calculated. What does this provide? This provide instant calculation of shortest paths for players to move other maps. With hovering your mouse over to the tracks on the maps you can see where those paths leads. But this is of course not enough. There are 2 map interface pages which lets you to search and have information about maps. They are like MonsterDex.
---- Click here to visit Game Zones interface , Click here to visit Search Game Maps interface
---- Zones page screenshot , Search map page screenshot
* Each map also do have individual page which shows detail information about that map such as you can catch with monsters on which surface types or there are which NPC trainers gives which rewards etc. Checking out your current map details would help you greatly.
---- Individual map page example: Game Map Lily Pond , Individual map page screenshot part 1 , Individual map page screenshot part 2
* The game has got total 3,000 moves but there is no MoveDex yet. However you can see move details from every page that you will need move information. There are 2 mechanical moves that is working on the maps. First one is Fly. Fly move allows you to quickly navigate between your previously visited maps. Caves and Monster Arenas are not flyable. Also in order to move through Fly zone on the clouds you need to have a monster in your team that knows Fly AI move.
* The second one is Hyper Surf. Having a monster in your team that knows Hyper Surf move will allow you to move on water areas. With this move you can also catch the monsters that appears with surfing.
* There are also 3 net items that allows you to fishing at the edges of water areas. You can purchase all these moves and items from market. There also MT (Mythical Tablet) moves that is sold at the market and can be taught to the monsters. You can teach moves from your my item page.
---- Click here to go Using Items interface (requires login)
* There are over 1,000 NPC trainers on the maps and you can battle with them every 24 hours. Because of the massiveness of NPC trainers there is a special NPC history tracking page which shows you detailed information about NPCs and your battle history for that day.
---- Click here to go NPC Battles tracking interface (requires login) , NPC battle tracking page screenshot
* Monster MMORPG also has a fully working private messaging system that allow players to communicate in private. This system also integrated with market system so you can have information about your monsters on the market quickly. In addition to the PM system there is a chat panel that is integrated to the main game page. This chat panel supports 30+ different language channels. You have communication with other players publicly while playing the game. This increases the game social aspect. Chat screen also specially coded and supports top trainers raking system, players map location, and other stuff. You can block other players that you don't like at the chat.
---- PM system screenshot
* The top trainers ranking system also planned to provide most fair calculation for both new and older players. The rankings are refreshed each 24 hours since this process requires massive amount of database queries. Recalculation of all monster, battle stats etc.
---- Game also provides type chart table so you can see type effectiveness among monsters : click here to visit Types Chart table page
* Game also has another page that allows you to quickly navigate among monsters big thumbnails to find your favorite looking monsters. For example you like dog monsters and at this page you can quickly find the monsters that is a like dogs.
---- Click here to go Monster Thumbnails page , Screenshot of this page
* You can setup your own unique avatar or pick from game avatar gallery: click here to go Game Avatars gallery . There is also game banners page : Click here to go Game Banners gallery
* All game screenshots can be viewed from here: click here to go Gameplay Screenshots gallery
* The tutorial aspect of the game is far from being complete or perfect but there are 3 good sources. The quickest ones are quick how to tutorial page and extended game play tutorial video. Also there are dedicated game forums which you can check to see FAQ and other threads.
---- Click here to visit How To Play page
---- Extended gameplay tutorial video a bit outdated right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04cfFZMEgvU&hd=1
* The transformation of monsters in your team done manually. You need to go your team page and click transformation button. However some monsters are only transformed to other stage with usage of items. These transformations are done from items page.
---- Click here to go Manage Your Team interface (requires login) , Click here to go Using Items interface (requires login)
* The anti-cheating mechanisms of the game aims fair game play. To achieve cheating free gaming platform in such an easily cheatable genre (browser games) there are different precautions. The game mechanics requires very advanced software development for cheating. Secondly there is in game security image precaution which doesn't bother players but prevents bot users. Third there is monster buy/sell/trade public history page which identifies black market cheaters.
---- Click here to go Monster Buy/Trade/Sell history interface (requires login)
* Game also supports live PvP battles. You can offer a pvp battle to a player from player profile page, from chat screen quick link or from map screen hovering other player overworld image. Once you got PvP battle offer there will appear another badge on the game page screen that will notify you. PvP battles are also turn based and have auto refresh feature. There is also PvP battles leaderboard page
---- Click here to go PvP Leaderboard interface (requires login)