Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

[RPS & RTRS] Community Squad Training

First event:

Tuesday 1st April
    Let's Get Our Test On, Baby

A chance to test the format and see how many we can get involved.7:30 - 8:30 Test scrim on PTS NC vs VS
    8:30 - Squad play on Live (Miller - faction TBD)

Put your name down in the appropriate column if you're interested.
    Squads/factions will be flexible depend on how many sign up, but Giraffes should feel free to move out of their comfort zone and sign up for the other side, and vice versa. In the end, we'll even both sides up.
    If you'd like a go at squad leading, put your name down.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...uMV8yVEE#gid=0

If we don't get more than ~20 we'll leave it until another time.

I will need someone to run the Scrim as I won't be there until 8:30.
    However, I have some ideas and am happy to pass them on. Since there's been a lot of talk about it at the moment I figure the first training should be on the Air Game.
    Last edited by Boffinboots; 27-03-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Are we going for squad sizes of 6?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Are we going for squad sizes of 6?
    Not especially! I figure we'll divide out into whatever's best. I just couldn't think of an easy way to split it up on the roster sheet...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm a maybe, the 1st is my mother's birthday. Should be able to make it since it's not a weekend but I'll call tonight and see if anything's happening.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Okay I can make it, along with the freedom council - celebrating both mother's day and the mother's day of birth on the Monday.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Just going to shamelessly bump this.

Can people mention about this in Mumble when they're on? Not everyone reads the forums and not everyone reads everything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, a lot of people have said yes in the other thread but not put their name down. It may be that a week off would be good, but I think it'd be better to keep the momentum up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Numbers are kind of marginal at the moment and since I won't be around until 8:30, here's what I thought we could do for the scrim (if we decide to do this numbers won't be such a big deal):

Dogfighting practice -

10 minutes - Manoeuvring -

Everyone pulls ESFs with UNCERTED A2A pods. Fly to a target base, and dogfight with NO FIRING. If you get locked you have to fly back to home base and return. Uncerted pods should take a while to lock, giving you some time to evade, and no firing means it'll give weaker pilots a chance to keep in the air.

10 minutes - Paired manoeuvring -

As above but everyone chooses pairs. If either of the pair gets locked they must return to the home base.

10 minutes - Protect the galaxy -

Each faction pulls one galaxy (with no gunners). The objective is to kill the other side's galaxy while protecting your own. The gal can evade but not fire on enemy ESFs. Should provide a nice mix of defence and offence.

20-30 minutes - weapons free dogfighting to finish.

Depending on how each section went you could easily extend the time as long as you wanted.

Just some thoughts, don't know if these would work in practise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That sounds pretty solid. When I'm holding an S4T session I will talk a bit about how to keep track of enemies in a dogfight, and the plan above gives me a really solid base to build on. So I like it.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

re. signups
    google docs blocked at work for me.. will append later
    also there was mention of skipping first tuesday after cceu in that other thread.. if memory serves

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'm away this week so will miss the first one of these but when I'm back I'm keen for carrying on where CCEU left off.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I might be interested in coming back to PS2 a bit, but how does one go about the whole "this is on PTS" part?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Need to download a whole new PTS (public test server) client, unfortunately. On the plus side you can check out the unreleased continent Hossin there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    I might be interested in coming back to PS2 a bit, but how does one go about the whole "this is on PTS" part?
    Theres a separate download, if you google planetside test server you should get instructions. Feel free just to join us for the live bit though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Unfortunately, it looks like I'm gonna be away this tuesday and cant be there. But I hope you have fun anyway!!
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Bump!

i would say we don't have enough names down to run anything substantial yet (10 at the moment) so if you've said you're interested, please put your name down on the sign up sheet.

if people could also mention this on mumble for people that don't read the forum, that'd be super!

I am definitely interested but am not available until a week on tuesday.

I may or may not be able to be there after all, dependent upon new PC arrival status/setup.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If there's not a lot more signups before tomorrow night I think we should leave it, give everyone a rest.

Of course, those that have signed up are welcome to try and do something still.

To those who are on: some air play would be good. Smaller numbers may work well here as it's similar to what we'll experience on live.