Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    To those who are on: some air play would be good. Smaller numbers may work well here as it's similar to what we'll experience on live.
    I would encourage this

Feel free to use the ideas I posted earlier. Will need someone to take over and lead the section on PTS (I won't be there until 8:30) but I'm happy to organise a couple of smaller air squads on live afterwards.

Obscure Node
    Hey Boffy, just wanted to let you know that I won't be around for tonight but that I'll join up for future sessions whenever I can.

Also <3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I haven't really heard anything more about this. Did the training happen, or was it postponed until next week?
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I wasn't around for the beginning so just assumed no-one stepped up to run it. When I arrived everyone was doing other things so I didn't bother getting everyone together.

Perhaps it was better to have a week off. I'm happy to run again this tuesday if people are still game. Please advertise on mumble if you get chance, as a lot of people don't read the forums.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I won't make it this Tuesday, but will try to come to later sessions.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Next tuesday it is then. Are we going after the schedule posted earlier in the thread? If you need me too, I can take part of the training in PTS. I really dislike SLing though, so it'd be nice if you or someone else could do that on live afterwards.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Next tuesday it is then. Are we going after the schedule posted earlier in the thread? If you need me too, I can take part of the training in PTS. I really dislike SLing though, so it'd be nice if you or someone else could do that on live afterwards.
    Happy to run with that schedule unless people have better ideas.

I'll get on mumble early and try to round people up so that we at least have a few. Also am happy to SL on live afterwards. Will be aiming for something like what was attempted at Stratgir on Wed - closely coordinated air and AA squads.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sound awesome.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This is a reminder to update your PTS client for tuesdays training. The first part of the training will take part in PTS.

(it's of course alright to only join the later part of the training on live as well if you are unable to update)
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Bump for tomorrow.

Update your PTS and make sure to mention this to people on mumble!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    5gb patch for me last night!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I won't be making it tonight, apparently I have to go watch the local team with my dad even though they've already scored enough sports points to play with the big boys
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

This was really good fun and I think I learned a fair bit! Thanks to all for organising and giving out tips. I'm looking forward to the next one

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks to all who attended.

Just a reminder that these sessions are intended to help with group cohesion and working as a team. If you want to improve your individual skills please have a look at S4T that Dominicus is running.

Next week's community training, if we get enough people, will be an RPS vs RTRS Scrim on the test server. Inappropriate Touching will be leading from 7:30 as I will join late.

If you're interested please sign up here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing

If anyone has any ideas for scrims or training please add them (including your name ) to the second sheet of that spreadsheet.

And remember, pass the word around on Mumble!

Very enjoyable. Thanks to all involved.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    goddamnit. when i came online shortly after 8, it didn't look like anything was happening and i had shitty ping, so i logged.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cheers for last night. I think it was both fun and actually good for our air cohesion. As well as a good start for the new training format.

Don't forget to get/update PTS for next week. Then we'll have a scrim and crush the traitors/kill all the giraffes. You can find sign-up in Boffins post above.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

I think one thing we tend to fall apart on is aggression so a focus on that might be good? Maybe more applicable on live than PTS.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    I think one thing we tend to fall apart on is aggression so a focus on that might be good? Maybe more applicable on live than PTS.
    Definitely something to keep in mind.

I think we should keep the format the same - do some training (say an hour or so) on PTS to hone specific skills and then move to live to try and apply them in a more realistic context.