Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    I think we should keep the format the same - do some training (say an hour or so) on PTS to hone specific skills and then move to live to try and apply them in a more realistic context.
    I agree. It's a good and simple format, which gives opportunities for both in-depth and detailed exercises and application on live (to prevent it from getting stale).

I also like the idea of doing a session about aggressiveness (maybe even several). Do we have anyone who's really good at being aggresive (at the right time that is) who would like to organize it? Maybe Dewi or Laldy?
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    I also like the idea of doing a session about aggressiveness (maybe even several). Do we have anyone who's really good at being aggresive (at the right time that is) who would like to organize it? Maybe Dewi or Laldy?
    Everyone knows being agressive is what wins you a fight in PS2, but the difficult part is focused and organised agression.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Everyone knows being agressive is what wins you a fight in PS2, but the difficult part is focused and organised agression.
    Well, a lot of people are afraid of dying, and try to find a safe spot. Such a thing is only temporary, and the longer you stay there, the less you contribute and the more likely to be killed. And there needs to be a certain shift in mentality: personally, I'm more worried about not having killed enough before dying.

I'd say Bankrotas or LaKroy are probably the best for holding such a training session. They are killers, and they can also lead.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 09-04-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    So one my thoughts was to look in part at co-ordination when we are attacking a point, similar to how we were working in formation yesterday. E.g. concs and emp first, then max/heavy etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Perhaps we can tie in the session of being aggresive with the concept of a good and bad death? So dying when pushing and having support which can instantly revive you is alright. Dying when overextending so you can't be revived is bad. It might be a bit to "high concept" and approach S4T area, but a couple of words about it probably won't hurt.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Are there any points from training on tuesday that people could share? I missed it because an update to geforce experience somehow completely stopped ps2 (+ test) from starting up. By the time I tracked it down and got it sorted, it was over (and I've had to give up shadowplay for the moment. I'm sad).

And I agree with Dom about the organised pushes thing. Some tacgir-esque constant-shouty mode SL/PLing would get this sort of thing happening fairly quickly I'd think (though I'm aware that puts even more stress onto the SL/PL).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    We did some group flying exercises. A couple of variations of "Follow the leader", where you either just followed someone or tried to hit that person. Flying in a line and attacking a stationary target. Flying in formation to and from a place and keeping an eye out for enemies. And lastly, some dogfighting 1v1 and 2v2 practice. After that we played a bit on live and just focused on trying to work together. There wasn't a lot of enemy air around though, so we ended with a big NC versus VS ESF battle.

I think that's about it. Anything I forgot?
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    A bit of chat about positioning and blind spots

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    A bit of chat about positioning and blind spots
    Would someone like to elaborate on this point?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Next week's community training, if we get enough people, will be an RPS vs RTRS Scrim on the test server. Inappropriate Touching will be leading from 7:30 as I will join late.

If you're interested please sign up here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing

If anyone has any ideas for scrims or training please add them (including your name ) to the second sheet of that spreadsheet.

And remember, pass the word around on Mumble!
    Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Would someone like to elaborate on this point?
    I think this was mostly about lib and gal blind spots. Libs you want to attack from above and behind, since it's hardest for them to hit you then. Gals you either want to hit from below (due to the same reasons as above) or from above and behind (since it's a bit easier to keep your aim). Also, it's good to be far away when firing at both libs and gals.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Oh, I forgot to sign up. Have done so now. Moar people sign up please!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Oh, I forgot to sign up. Have done so now. Moar people sign up please!
    Please spread the word on mumble, too!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...track_nightly/

PS2.Pickup is gonna be nightly from the 15th.

I dunno how this fits into the planned event but if you were intending a 'scrim' type thing then the PS2.Pickup format is entirely scrim based. They setup sundys either side of a base, fight over it for a given time, then switch sides, then move onto another base and repeat. Players get assigned randomly to teams.

It's a bit later than the community scrim time, but worth considering. I will try to make the 15th, but can't be sure, so not gonna put my name down as a deffo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    1.3 gb update since last tuesday, so make sure you update PTS for the scrim tomorrow.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I have a suggestion for tomorrow's training:

15 minute resource deathmatch to start

Here's what we'd do... put 4 NC and 4 VS sundies to form one large square (with gaps between the sundies to make it quite a big square) somewhere in the desert on Esamir or Indar. Then everyone gets a shotgun and we have a slugfest for 15 minutes to get loads of resources without getting picked up by the anti-exploit algorithms (if those exist).

The benefits would be threefold:

1. Get loads of resources for the scrim
    2. Get warmed up
    3. Practice accuracy - if we want to get better we should all aim to work on our personal skills as well as our team play
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I approve of Wally's suggestion.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Seconded. I think Sally should take charge at the beginning then

Thirded - this sounds like good fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I NEED MY INTERNET BACK!!! I just needed to vent that...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168