Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Thanks to all who showed up for the training yesterday, was a very good session and even though we had some trouble initially finding fights on live, we did end up with a pretty amazing fight around the TR warpgate. Awesome!

I would like to propose a two-part Bio Lab training session.

I will be the host for both and they will take place on Tuesday 10th & Tuesday 17th.

Boffin, or anyone else for that matter, do you have anything planned already?

If not then i will go ahead and propose the training in more detail.

(I'm going to give it till midday tomorrow [6th June] and then go ahead with my submissions if i don't hear otherwise)
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    I would like to propose a two-part Bio Lab training session.

I will be the host for both and they will take place on Tuesday 10th & Tuesday 17th.

Boffin, or anyone else for that matter, do you have anything planned already?

If not then i will go ahead and propose the training in more detail.

(I'm going to give it till midday tomorrow [6th June] and then go ahead with my submissions if i don't hear otherwise)
    Nothing planned yet, as long as we have a bit of an AA recap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    And what that AA recap really should include is using Galaxies, stuffed with burster MAXes and lock-on (Annihilator for AA+AT?) heavies, an engy or two for ammo and triage medics on the guns, hopping about on the outskirts of big fights, trying to keep the air clear for our ground forces. Possibly hacking a sundy or just an equipment terminal from some enemy base every now and then to restock on MAXes.

Pull aggro from a mossie swarm? Just bail all the MAXes and let loose! Tanks being bothersome? Load up and fly away!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Tuesday June 10th: Bio Labs - Offensive & defensive training.

Host: NickTheNegligent

Faction: VS - Live

--------------------------

(19:30-20:00)

Section 1 - Anti Air Training recap:

I couldn't make this last week so i will need someone who did to step up to take control of this section please. It just needs to be someone who did attend and has the ability to walk the attendees through a quick refresher on what was done.

Suggested structure: A theory section consisting of a brief 5-10 minute verbal recap, with the opportunity for a Q&A afterwards. During this time attendees should listen in and prepare their load-outs for the practical section, so as not to waste time preparing or waiting for people once theory is completed. Then, it is just a matter of the tutor finding a location to practice what has been learnt so far. This Practical session should aim to last for the remaining 20-25 minutes, but slight time extensions are allowed if it is wanted.

--------------------------

(20:00ish-22:00ish)

Section 2 - Bio Lab Offensive & Defensive Training:

The Bio Lab is huge aspect of Planetside and many people either love them or hate them. This session's goal will be to try and understand the different aspects and factors that make up a Bio Lab, how to avoid the farm and ways to influence the battle.

Session preview - We will be mainly looking at how to better defend, assault, suppress and resecure the key areas in the infamous Bio Lab. Also, there will be a special focus on the tactical and strategic levels of fighting in a Bio Lab, with the emphasis being on how to improve aspects such as: safe movement, chances of survival and pew-pew-potential.

Session contents -
    Defensive: We will look at how and where to defend the cap points in a typical Bio Lab, touching upon aspects such as weaponry choice, deployables and positioning.
    Offensive: We will look at how and where it is possible to assault a Bio Lab, touching upon the different routes to the cap points, the areas to avoid and how to better move as a group.
    Suppressing: Bio Lab battles can easily become a stalemate; so for this section we will be focusing on how to "manage" the usual chokepoints and flashpoints within a Bio Lab, what weaponry and class choice can best assist in this and how to turn an advantageous situation into a counter attack.
    Resecuring: For this section i will take attendees through a Bio Lab specific tactic that i have come up with called 'The Counter-Clockwise Crescent'. It will start with a quick walk through of the plan, and then move on to a series of practice runs alongside a few simulated scenarios, with the view to potentially take this particular tactic and use it against the enemy to round off the session.

My proposal covers quite a large and important training topic - and it may turn out to be easier to take in and learn over the course of a two week period. For now i'd like to see how it goes on the 10th and if it does turn out to be too much for 1 session, then i'm quite happy to take part 2 on the following week if everyone is ok with that.

I do plan to run it so that it can easily be done over one session, but, if the attendees feel that more focus on this topic is a good thing, or, if this session sees a particular focus on one section or aspect which takes up more time, i can evolve the current training schedule to better suit a 2 part system.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 10-06-2014 at 05:16 PM.

For anyone interested I took some pretty (no hud or gun) screenshots during our last training session and uploaded them to Imgur here. They're of the bit where we had the Flak nest up by the TR warpgate.
    Planetside 2:JaggedMallard26 (VS), JaggedMallard27 (TR) and Jaggedmallard28 (NC)

Bump 4 Tactical Tuesdays

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm probably not gonna be able to make it for tonight's training.

Look at my sadface -> :'(
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is the Tuesday Training at the moment principally for CCEU training, or is it intended to be broader? I'd been avoiding attending because I'd not wanted to get in the way of other training (and because I haven't kept my PTS up to date)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    It's mostly just tactical training just now to be honest. Who knows about CCEU just now, so we're not limiting it. It started as people who were in CCEU wanting to continue tactical training and is open to anyone really!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Is the Tuesday Training at the moment principally for CCEU training, or is it intended to be broader? I'd been avoiding attending because I'd not wanted to get in the way of other training (and because I haven't kept my PTS up to date)
    What Cephas said. I would add that it's not only a case of "open for everyone", but also that we encourage everyone who's interested to participate. Even if you don't have PTS updated you can join, since we spend some time on live each tuesday as well.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

I missed this again - do we have any volunteers already for next week and an idea of what to do?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    I missed this again - do we have any volunteers already for next week and an idea of what to do?
    I think Nick is taking next week as well unless I'm mistaken. And it looks like I will miss that one as well.

I'm really starting to miss our tuesday trainings.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Cool. Can I suggest we spend 30 minutes working on having tight drops and redeploys? I think anything more is unnecessary but it's something important that should be touched at some point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Continuing the conversation from the 'State of the Game' thread since it's heading into discussion of how to gal drop which is what Cephas was suggesting as well...

So when we gal drop some people die in hard to rez places. They then need a beacon or a gal to get back in the action. Beacons often get shot quickly in busy fights. So here's my suggestion: have someone temporarily take on the role of a very active PL focussed solely on moving people around the platoon to abuse the squad deploy feature. So we'd only need one gal to drop a whole platoon in effect and anyone who died could be put in "dead deltas" along with the gal pilot ready for a quick re-drop. This could potentially mean we don't need anywhere near as many medics, just the odd one or two for rezzing maxes. Fewer medics could mean more heavies and maxes which should increase our DPS. The cost for achieving this is having one person doing admin rather than playing an FPS game. Worth it? Worth a try?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think it's an interesting idea. I'm not sure I agree with having so few medics (they do pack quite a punch after all), but maybe we can try to only have 2-3 per squad.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Interesting but I imagine it might fall apart in the heat of battle.
    One thing that could be an issue is moving people into Delta then back out again fast enough
    Another issue is that you may move people who could and will be ressed. Admin wise that could be a pain.

Feel free to step up and try it though . Could work out amazingly well for us!

Yeah who knows, worth a try, I say! Also someone shouting at people who run off and get themselves killed in hard-to-reach places could be useful.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I should add, another advantage here is that people needn't cluster up so much. Moving as a unit is very powerful at times but it shouldn't always be mandatory. Having a readily available respawn potentially makes things much more fluid and hard for the enemy to predict. For example, imagine you and the enemy get pinned down in a base fight but then one squad goes 100% heavy assault and drops behind them. Making more active use of the gal could allow all sort of these shenanigans.

Other examples: dropping infils into awesome sniping spots to take out enemy AA nests, quickly setting up our own AA and lancer nests, dropping on tank columns with C4.

I'm basically talking myself into setting up an evening for total paratroop madness. Not sure when would be a good time for this. Is it silly enough for a monday? Effective enough for a Wednesday?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I'm basically talking myself into setting up an evening for total paratroop madness. Not sure when would be a good time for this. Is it silly enough for a monday? Effective enough for a Wednesday?
    The latter, certainly! It'd be fun to try this large-scale, some time, and why not on a Wednesday? (Just don't do it next Wednesday, because I can't make it... )

Edit: (I think)