Thread: Rugby World Cup

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar

Rugby World Cup

Anyone watching?

I'm mainly keeping an eye on highlights, might see if I can sneak some matches on at work but obviously many of the matches are on at somewhat inconveniently early times.

It has been a shaky looking start for the home nations in the "Group of Death TM" but I'm feeling reasonably optimistic that Chris Patterson will kick Scotland to a win against one of England or Argentina if both those sides discipline remains as terrible as it was in their opening match. That should be enought to qualify from the group.

My prediction is that the All Blacks will win, I think they can cope with the pressure.

And when I say All Blacks I don't mean England with their away strip (what next, the football team turn up to the world cup in Brazil in gold?)!

I'll be watching from here in New Zealand, where the games are on at very convenient times, sometimes it does pay to be on the wrong side of the world!

I'm hoping for the All Blacks to win but we are the greatest chokers in world cup history. Maybe this will be our year?

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    I'm hoping for the All Blacks to win but we are the greatest chokers in world cup history. Maybe this will be our year?
    I couldn't believe it when I read the list of winners the other day and discovered that the last time New Zealand won the thing was the year I was born, especially considering how consistently strong a team they have been.

I think that any of the top 5 teams can win it this year and I'm not confident enough to make a prediction. How is that for being non-commital? I'm really looking forward to the Wales vs. Springbok game tomorrow I'm just a little miffed that Bakkies is injured - his monster hits and cleanouts are always awesome to watch.
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.