Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 90
  1. #21
    Lesser Hivemind Node Cei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650
    Oh boy.
    I picked up the ID "Cei" for online use as my signature looks exactly like that. However I find it's often taken in many games (except PSN!), so I tag on the first letter of my surname, resulting in:

    Ceih
    Pronounced: K
    Yes, silent h and a hard c. Get over it?

  2. #22
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,107
    "Cooper"

    Pronounced "Yes sir, glorious leader sir, sorry sir."
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  3. #23
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    6,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    Ceih
    Pronounced: K
    Yes, silent h and a hard c. Get over it?


    what ever you say.


    OLOLO I MADE A FUNNY
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 30-03-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

    "It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

    "I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

    "At least he has some personality."

  4. #24
    Lesser Hivemind Node Cei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    OLOLO I MADE A FUNNY
    Huuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

  5. #25
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7
    Don't worry. people still think it's funny to say "Okay, Kei!" to me when they first meet me, as if I've never heard it before in my 33 years and it's the very height of comedy.

    Here's a clue- it's not, and instead makes me want to either bite out your oesophagus or sigh, walk away and never speak to you ever again depending on what kind of mood I'm in,

  6. #26
    "wafflynumber"

    Waff-Lee-Numb-er

    Or "most divine and spiritual archduke of freedom, immortal and beloved by all, bringer of yellow and blue" to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

  7. #27
    Network Hub gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    334
    Gorncaptain, or gorn for short. pronounce it however you like.
    it came from that episode of star trek, i think its called "arena" where Kirk fights the lizard monster with a homemade bazooka, it's as silly as it sounds

  8. #28
    Network Hub eltdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    311
    Apparently even Mumble says my username correctly. Don't think it's possible to mispronounce it unless you're really trying.

    Still love Mumble's "Dominic Hughes" (Dominicus).

  9. #29
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dewi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,059
    The mumble lady calls Sir Hoc "Sir Hussy". This makes me laugh, everytime
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

    Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    When call me, they say "Who the fuck are you and why are you in my kitchen?"

    Sometimes, they also call me kwanta. kwanta kat.
    This reminds me of this Stewart Lee bit (not everyone's cup of Tea I know):

    As for Kreggurree, it comes from my year living in Texas. My name is Craig but Texans pronounce it K-r-air-g like Greg which led to Kreggurree somehow via Gregory. The friend that coined it wanted to spell it Craigory but this was not realised until after the group had settled on spelling it Kreggurree.

    So it is pronounced Kreg-gu (like short oo)-ree and I respond to Kreg because you just sound like one of my Texan friends saying my name.

  11. #31
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    The mumble lady calls Sir Hoc "Sir Hussy". This makes me laugh, everytime
    I live but to serve.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

  12. #32
    Lesser Hivemind Node laldy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    As in "Give it laldy lad!" ?
    exactly so
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

  13. #33
    I've heard lots of variations on mine (ArtekusBardane in game). I don't particularly mind. Probably quicker just to call me Bardane.

    Fun fact, normally I would call a profile after my main handle (over <- yonder), but when I signed up to PS2 for some reason I was being an idiot. Only one person I've seen has ever gotten the reference, which is a very obscure character in the Warhammer 40000 universe. Soon as a name change option pops up, it'll change.

  14. #34
    Network Hub TWChristine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    497
    T-W-Christine (as if you needed me to say that..), but everyone just says "Christine" because it makes more sense.

    I have to say, there's a few names I was saying wrong in my head. I admit I'm looking forward to seeing how to say LaKroy because I'm almost POSITIVE I'm saying it wrong. Perhaps because I live in a French area, but I'm thinking La-K and then "roy" in the French way.
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

    I shut down The Quanta Cat.

  15. #35
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,316
    Esoteric-Reverie. (Eh-so-ter-ik Rev-er-ee) Or Esoteric, or just Eso (Eh-So. Ee-so is right out. )

    I believe Mumble actually gets the first part right, but mangles the end? "Esoteric Revererververee" or something like that.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

  16. #36
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    6,800
    Quote Originally Posted by kreggurree View Post
    This reminds me of this Stewart Lee bit (not everyone's cup of Tea I know)
    I got it from Craig Ferguson, hes been using those kind of jokes forever now.
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

    "It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

    "I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

    "At least he has some personality."

  17. #37
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,341
    mrpier - mr as in mister and pier as in the long things that sticks out into the sea, not pierre. Pier is a sort of translation of my norwegian first name. Also responds to just pier.

  18. #38
    Network Hub Qw33r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Germany, Baden-Württemberg
    Posts
    191
    My name is derived from "qwertzuiop" - the first row of the German keyboard. I used to call myself like this a couple of years ago. Sometimes I needed to add a "2" at the end because the firmer was already taken. (Note: I am very uncreative, as you may have noticed)

    Over the time I shortened this to qwer, doubled the e and finally replaced it by 3s. If you would pronounce "qwer" in a really German way (please don't) it would sound like the German word "quer", which means something like "across". This is just a coincidence though.

    For pronounciation: I've very rarely noticed my name spoken wrong, but I looked for the appropriate IPA anyway (I hope it is roughtly what I imagine it to be^^): k
    ʊ
    ɜr


    Actually I just found out that "queer" already does have a meaning in the English language... I guess I need another name for the next game I start to play :P
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

  19. #39
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    exactly so
    Just looked it up, as I'm an ignorant southerner. Thats' an awesome name.
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

  20. #40
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Qw33r View Post
    Actually I just found out that "queer" already does have a meaning in the English language... I guess I need another name for the next game I start to play :P
    In my circle of friends and acquaintances, queer/gender issues are very important, so I've been thinking all these months that "wow, this guy is really progressive and open-minded!" Not so, then.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •