I've been looking for some decent podcasts about gaming, but its kind of frustrating. I am sick of wading through so many crappy, immature gaming podcasts. I'm especially surprised by (fairly) professional sites like IGN putting out such horrible podcasts. I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions.
Things I want:
- Analysis of games and the gaming industry. I want to hear people talking about recent trends and movements in gaming.
- In depth interviews with developers. I don't care what their favorite beer is or what their favorite childhood cartoon is. I'm looking for more meaningful conversations.
- Professional, unbiased reviews. I know that there is no such thing as completely unbiased, but some of the utter BS on the internet (I'm looking at you Jim Sterling) is just ridiculous.
- Decent coverage of indie games. I don't want a pretentious prick who raves about every shallow 'art' game just because they're obscure.
Things I don't want:
- Half the podcast spent talking about random off-topic subjects. I don't care how drunk you and your friends got while playing CoD or how you know every 90's cartoon theme song by heart.
- Obnoxious over-exaggeration (unless its done sarcastically) or snobby opinions. I don't want any of this "Call of Duty is the worst game ever" or "sports games can suck it" kind of attitudes.
As much as it might sound like I want overly serious podcasts, some humor is good too (as long as its tasteful). Anyone have any suggestions?