Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    In the end I got this as an experiment:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-920...0250105&sr=1-5

Was only 10 and I quite like the idea of a keyboard immune to having tea spilt on it, which realistically is all that's wrong with my old Microsoft one (a decade of having tea spilt in it).
    Washable != Can deal with fluids which will go sticky all that well ;0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Washable != Can deal with fluids which will go sticky all that well ;0
    Not but it hopefully means I can rinse it off right away to stop it going sticky! Anyway 10 experiment.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Hey all.

So I'm in the market for a new keyboard. There's nothing particularly wrong with the one I'm using currently (I think it's a Microsoft Sidewinder or something, fairly standard fair), but I'd like something a bit nicer to use.

I use a clunky old IBM mechanical keyboard at work, and it's absolutely wonderful, However the keyboard on my home PC will be used for gaming as well, so I'm not sure how well mechanical keys will go. Does anyone have experience with using a mechanical gaming keyboard?

I'd also like to have some media keys on the keyboard if at all possible, something for skipping forward/back through music playlists.

so, recommendations?
    I am a huge fan of the mad catz strike7...it's like a like a transformer. They make a bad ass gaming mouse too. What one did you end up getting?

Obscure Node
    mad catz has a few awesome ones.

I was looking into keyboards a while ago. I'd always used the cheapest thing I could get hold of before but was getting annoyed with what i found out to be ghosting (key presses registering or not during simultaneous key presses). The cheapest anti-ghosting keyboard I found was the MS sidewinder (on offer at the time). Works fine for me - mechanical keys seemed a bit over the top/my budget.

The new Das Keyboard Model 4 looks nice http://www.daskeyboard.com/daskeyboard-4-professional/ especially if you want media keys.

I switched from membrane to a Das Keyboard Model S Pro mechanical and never looked back. The tactile click of the keys is addictive, and makes gaming/typing a complete pleasure.
    Last edited by NarrowTom; 18-06-2014 at 08:12 PM.