Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 167
  1. #21
    Activated Node mlaskus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    77
    A Steam or forum group would certainly be nice. People can join or leave those whenever they please and as long as they are in, they get informed about upcoming games. We also get a self updating list of people interested in playing.

    Should I set one up? We will need a name with a pun!

  2. #22
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by mlaskus View Post
    A Steam or forum group would certainly be nice. People can join or leave those whenever they please and as long as they are in, they get informed about upcoming games. We also get a self updating list of people interested in playing.

    Should I set one up? We will need a name with a pun!
    There's a group already... (don't know how to url steam groups though)

    not sure if its used much anymore though. Maybe we could resurrect it.

    Anyways, we now have 6 players, so I'll set up a game. Expect emails soon!

  3. #23
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    628
    Ok, you should all have dropbox invites heading towards your inboxes :)

  4. #24
    Yeah I'm in the Steam group, but I can't remember what it's called either!

    As far as reminders go, a message in the Dropbox seems the best way. For plotting, I've put a text doc in the Dropbox that we fill in with our forum names, email addresses and fiend names. I also took the liberty of making a turn folder that our completed turns and the save can go in to keep them separate.

    @ Web Cole - I'd be happy to join another game.

  5. #25
    Aye, I'm willing to join a game if we get enough players.

  6. #26
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Düsseldorf
    Posts
    1,829
    Alright, Vex the Archduke of... Vexing things has submitted turn for A Snowball's Chance in Hell.

    I think I was the last one. Figures, but I had to catch up with the manual from scratch AND hunt down the download link again. In no particular order.

    Upon reading the manual, I understand why I never understood the game, but let's see what happens.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

  7. #27
    Don't think you're the last one, as I think I am in the game (got a dropbox email at least) but am still at work (being a colonial and all). Heading out of here soon, and will get it in as soon as I can. That's assuming I am in fact in the game. :)

  8. #28
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    462
    This thread moved a bit fast for me and missed the signup for the first game, i'll put in for the second instead.

  9. #29
    There we go, submitted my turn, so good to move that on whenever.

  10. #30
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    58
    Rock, Paper, Satan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSatan

    I'd love for all this to get rolling. I just bought the game but have exams for another 2 weeks and don't really have the time to get my head around it yet. Hopefully the momentum will sustain itself for longer than 2 weeks...

  11. #31
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
    This thread moved a bit fast for me and missed the signup for the first game, i'll put in for the second instead.
    Apologies. I'll no doubt host a second game once this one's done.


    A Snowball's Chance

    I had just enough time to send out turn 1 before heading off to work. :)

  12. #32
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,068
    If you can organise it, try and all get together at once and play 10 or 20 turns some evening. It gets the slowest part of the game out of the way, makes people less likely to drop out.

  13. #33
    I'm happy to host a second game. Interest expressed so far by:-

    Moth Bones
    Web Cole
    The Innocent
    Jarvis

  14. #34
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,068
    Add me to the list.

  15. #35
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Düsseldorf
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    If you can organise it, try and all get together at once and play 10 or 20 turns some evening. It gets the slowest part of the game out of the way, makes people less likely to drop out.
    That's a really good idea, but I'm currently at 15 hours a day at work or something like that, in the forseeable future. Just saying that I have no idea when I'd be able to play a few turns in a row. ;)

    Let's see how this goes, I forgot what a pain it was to find the bloody savegame folder. When did games stop keeping things in the folder they were installed to? Hrmf.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

  16. #36
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    That's a really good idea, but I'm currently at 15 hours a day at work or something like that, in the forseeable future. Just saying that I have no idea when I'd be able to play a few turns in a row. ;)

    Let's see how this goes, I forgot what a pain it was to find the bloody savegame folder. When did games stop keeping things in the folder they were installed to? Hrmf.
    Yeah, it's a pain. But you can get shortcuts set up which make things a bit smoother :)

    Just waiting for Quickfire to take his first shot, and we're off. If I get up early enough, I'll see if I have time to check for this turn tomorrow before work :)

  17. #37
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,133
    I really love the sound of this game, but I can't justify spending that kind of money on it. Woe. Please do some writeups though guys, would be good to read some more.

  18. #38
    Turn submitted!

  19. #39
    moth bones
    Kelron
    Web Cole
    The Innocent
    Jarvis

    Alright - personally I'm happy to play with 5 plus 1 AI fiend for a random factor, although if a 6th person turns up before we start that's great. Send me PMs with your email addresses and I'll get the Dropbox set up. Anyone who doesn't have Dropbox, get it here - it's incredibly simple to set up.

    I lean towards 15 turns. Tell me your map preference in the PM and we'll go with the most popular choice.

    P.S. I like Kelron's 'session' idea a lot too
    Last edited by moth bones; 08-06-2011 at 11:35 PM.

  20. #40
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Düsseldorf
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    I really love the sound of this game, but I can't justify spending that kind of money on it. Woe. Please do some writeups though guys, would be good to read some more.
    If you like byzantine boardgames with deceit, trickery, military tactics, bluff and blunder all being viable options to the road to victory, this is the game for you, no matter the price.

    However, you'll probably need to play multiplayer to get the most out of it, trying to bluff AI is always more random than it should be.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •