Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1467
    SO guys, a question, would you recommend buying season pass now or getting it at a discount or when all the dlc's end?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Personal opinion:
    What's there is of good quality, some pleasant surprises, some what the fuck were they thinking surprises too. Some frustrations. Pretty much business as usual. Basically if you pay for what's there now, it's a bit expensive, because there isn't a whole lot yet. At the moment, I'd say wait for a discount. If the second DLC turns out as long and decent as the first one, I'd say it's about worth the price. If the third one is good as well, then the current asking price is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    DS2 in general hasn't done much with resists, probably for the better. It wasn't much fun in DS1 when you used a certain build then encountered a boss that was effectively immune to that damage type. It's not much fun chipping down O&S 90 damage at a time with whichever crappy melee weapon you have to hand (though it must be said you feel like a God when you finally do it, such moments are absent from DS2, double edged sword I guess).
    I think it's also because you get used to DS1 and DS2 is kinda similar difficulty wise, just without as many frustrations.
    TBH, imo, the gargoyle fights in the bellfry can get almost at the level off O&S.
    Also, after i fought them during my first playthrough, on the other ones i defeated them faster, i think at most around 5 tries.

Quote Originally Posted by theForged View Post
    Personal opinion:
    What's there is of good quality, some pleasant surprises, some what the fuck were they thinking surprises too. Some frustrations. Pretty much business as usual. Basically if you pay for what's there now, it's a bit expensive, because there isn't a whole lot yet. At the moment, I'd say wait for a discount. If the second DLC turns out as long and decent as the first one, I'd say it's about worth the price. If the third one is good as well, then the current asking price is well worth it.
    I see. Sounds good. I was thinking of waiting for the third DLC and then starting, to take it all in one go.

Also, anyone else wants another area similar to the bellfry in one of the dlc's?

So, I've started another playthrough and wouldn't mind some Jolly Cooperation from time to time. Soul memory 70k and currently in Huntsman's Copse. Feel free to PM me here or on Steam.

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Hmmm. It's been a long while since I've played DS2, I guess it's because of the summer so I wasn't in the right mood.
    Looking to dive in again soon, would love some Jolly Cooperation when I start again.

Cool, give me a shout when you do. I'm in the RPS DS2 Steam group as well, so you'll easily find me.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Similarly, the next DLC is ante portas. I'll be diving back around that time.
    On the same note, the next patch is also bound to hit just a bit before the DLC and it seems like an interesting patch. They gave magic an all around hit with a batch of nerfs.
    Most importantly is the nerf to Buffs. Most buffs can't be stacked now, which is a regular mountain thrown into the wheel of Buffspammers. A lot of spells seem to have taken a nerf bat to the face in terms of Poise Damage, which depending on just how high that hit is, might be another significant kick in the groin. And last but not least the one ring to be glued on every sane casters equipment screen is receiving a nerf of it's effect: The Bluestone Ring+2 has less of an effect on spellcasting.

Oh and a nice buff to shields with the spell parry effect. That effect will be easier to pull off with a longer parrywindow and more leeway in terms of parry direction. So it's not possible to parry spells out of the air. That should be fun.

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Cool, I'll post here and check the steam group when I play. Probably gonna get the DLC when the full package hits.

Well the season pass is already up for some time, though i'll wait until all the parts of the DLC are finished before buying it so i can play them all in one go, or wait for a sale to happen.

The second DLC promotion event has kicked off: http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Events

You can get a reskinned Blacksteel Katana from the chest in Majula. No idea if this is only for people who have preordered the DLC/have the season pass.

Edit: Actually, it will start tomorrow!
    Last edited by Squiz; 25-08-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Does the chest reset during these events, in case you have opened it?

Yeah, I believe so. You should be able to get all the rewards.

Edit: Here's what the Blacksteel Katana looks like (sorry for the low screenshot quality, just grabbed the thing and took some pictures). Nothing really outstanding, but it's a nice touch.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Squiz; 26-08-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Sorry for the double-post. I wanted to add that if someone would like to get the promotional weapon/skin but doesn't have access to the DLC yet, feel free to post in here and I'll try to get it for you.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Is it possible to get two of those weapons? For the dual-wielders among us I mean (obviously).

The chest can be opened once on any character, so it should be possible to get the items as often as you want by creating new characters and unlocking the mansion. Since you only need to reach Cale the Catographer in the Forest of Fallen Giants, that's no big deal. I've tried it last night using the Knight as my class (neat side effect: You can get lots of Petrified Somethings or Bonfire Ascetics this way too) and it took me ~10-15 minutes to get there. If you let me know when you're online I can send some your way, we'd only need to work out a way to get into each other's SM range.
    Last edited by Squiz; 27-08-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Sorry for the double-post. I wanted to add that if someone would like to get the promotional weapon/skin but doesn't have access to the DLC yet, feel free to post in here and I'll try to get it for you.
    You can get the katana without owning the DLC.

Anyway, I've never finished the game and started a new character yesterday. I'm now in Huntsman's copse and am having a blast so far. I'm using a spear+3 as my weapon and it's surprisingly good, actually.

And by the way, are the DLCs worth the money?

Ah, of course. It's a promotional event after all. Right, let me rephrase then: If someone doesn't manage to get the chest in the time period of the promotional event... well, you know what to do. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by tgd View Post
    And by the way, are the DLCs worth the money?
    Yeah, they're good! Playing the second one right now. There's enough fresh ideas and enemies and gameplay elements in them to keep them from feeling like just "more Dark Souls 2". Good length too. The first DLC probably took me 6-7 hours to beat and I know there's still stuff in there I haven't seen.

Network Hub
    OK, I'm going to buy it then. And here's a GMG voucher for 20% off the season pass: Z4364W-7MR5WA-N5BCOO