Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node Drinking with Skeletons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Sounds like it's viable although I'm not entirely sure if I class myself as a 'competent dodger' just yet! I suppose you can have a decent amount of flexibility with the secondary item slots.

I played a lot of DS as a heavily armoured bruiser who could take a few hits, but I think perhaps that because it seemed to be the 'optimal' way to play the game (I had literally no interest in sorcery outside of blowing up invaders with sneaky last minute weapon switching using the dlc sorceries).

Anyway, I guess the best way to find out if it works is to try it, though I'm probably not brave enough to go with duel Caestus' right off the bat!
    This is kind of a SPOILER, but:

There is a way to respec, though it is limited enough that you'd better have a clear idea of what you want out of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I would just like to point out how interesting it is that three of us seem to have played the console version and we have:

A mage
    A dual wielding brawler
    A guy with a big fucking sword and a shield

Heh.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I would just like to point out how interesting it is that three of us seem to have played the console version and we have:

A mage
    A dual wielding brawler
    A guy with a big fucking sword and a shield

Heh.
    Being a mage is awesome. I can inflict over 500 damage with a single Lightning Spear if the enemy isn't resistant.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It's funny in that I tried a mage and bounced off, quite hard. Then I read how powerful hexes, miracles and pyromancy are.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinking with Skeletons View Post
    Being a mage is awesome. I can inflict over 500 damage with a single Lightning Spear if the enemy isn't resistant.
    Yeah, my plan for my next run (probably this Fall as I am traveling in a few weeks and won't be bringing my PS3) is a mage/hexer (emhasis on mage and int-based hexes). Doesn't seem overwhelmingly powerful compared to my Big Fucking Sword, but looks fun and will make getting the achievements easier.

Quote Originally Posted by theForged View Post
    It's funny in that I tried a mage and bounced off, quite hard. Then I read how powerful hexes, miracles and pyromancy are.
    If memory serves, you bounced off at the point where I almost bounced off with my tank (Smelter Demon). But yeah, it looks like the best spells and the like are saved for late game.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yep, that spot. I could probably proceed now with what I learned and I may just do that sometime later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Yeah, my plan for my next run (probably this Fall as I am traveling in a few weeks and won't be bringing my PS3) is a mage/hexer (emhasis on mage and int-based hexes). Doesn't seem overwhelmingly powerful compared to my Big Fucking Sword, but looks fun and will make getting the achievements easier.
    I have 50 Int, 50 Att, 30 Faith, and a +4 Pyromancy flame, so I'm a beast. Plus my equipment increases number of casts and casting speed.

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    I played two melee characters in DS1 (one more DEX, the other STR, though both of them were balanced characters, not insanely strong PVP builds); what kinda builds dyou think is going to be more fun and different in the 2nd one?
    I wanna try sorcery, or maybe arcery if they're strong enough. Heck, even dual wielding seems a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    I played two melee characters in DS1 (one more DEX, the other STR, though both of them were balanced characters, not insanely strong PVP builds); what kinda builds dyou think is going to be more fun and different in the 2nd one?
    I wanna try sorcery, or maybe arcery if they're strong enough. Heck, even dual wielding seems a lot of fun.
    Archery is actually pretty viable this time. With a proper build you'll be doing comparable damage to a melee character with the added bonus of range and easy elemental damage. And now you can move a bit, even with the bow drawn.

And whatever you do, just make sure you have the ability to do close up damage and ranged damage. Some bosses are a LOT easier if you have a ranged component and some will hump the hell out of you.

can you wield a zwei in dark souls zwei

Activated Node
    Did anyone pre-order the game from an extremely dodgy yet cheap key reseller that they'd like to share? I'm looking to get it cheap for me and my mates.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    You can dual wield two zwei in Dark Souls zwei.

Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    I was invaded by someone swinging *two* of them last night. Seemed slow. He killed me anyways, of course.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You get invaded. First you laugh. Then you cry.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjegMau5JA

(Just some random PVP. The only spoiler may be the armors or spells you see. Just don't scroll down to comments or browse the suggested videos)

This is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever seen.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    one of the things i loved about Dark 1 is the variety of unique items scattered about the world. Wolf Ring. Iaito. Greatscythe. Elite Knight Armor.

Does Dark 2 do the same? Is exploration of the various areas something you want to do, and for which you are rewarded?

Thanks.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    one of the things i loved about Dark 1 is the variety of unique items scattered about the world. Wolf Ring. Iaito. Greatscythe. Elite Knight Armor.

Does Dark 2 do the same? Is exploration of the various areas something you want to do, and for which you are rewarded?

Thanks.
    In short, without spoilers: Yes.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by theForged View Post
    In short, without spoilers: Yes.
    thanks for the spoiler free response. Good to knowexploration is still rewarded with unique gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Curry View Post
    Did anyone pre-order the game from an extremely dodgy yet cheap key reseller that they'd like to share? I'm looking to get it cheap for me and my mates.
    I preordered from simplycdkeys for 20. There is a 5 off voucher if you look in the main DS thread (sorry, I'm on mobile atm). And as far as I understand, the site is legit.

The price, at least for me, shows up as 29 GBP without the code (which is 5OFFDS2 I think). Am I doing something wrong, like not living in the UK?

EDIT: Huh, savygamer lists a 18 GBP preorder from a site called Fast2Play. It doesn't really look that legit, but the voucher is "SAVYG3" which means that it's Procter-approved? I am puzzled.
    Last edited by Prolar Bear; 11-04-2014 at 09:34 AM.