Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    one i usually buy from is g2play.net. have been using it for last couple of years and its fine. hilariously its design is exactly the same as fast2play, which i havent tried
    not sure what you mean by legit, its not authorized seller, they just resell keys from legitimately bought physical copies from cheaper regions usually. but keys themselves work just fine. besides stuff like steams sales, theres never a reason to buy from "official" full price retailers.
    keep in mind that for preorder for this stuff you usually receive the key at the day of release.
    Last edited by grasskit; 11-04-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    EDIT: Huh, savygamer lists a 18 GBP preorder from a site called Fast2Play. It doesn't really look that legit, but the voucher is "SAVYG3" which means that it's Procter-approved? I am puzzled.
    They take Paypal so it'll be easy enough to get a refund if they aren't kosher.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Nevermind, the price is actually higher now, more like 28 EUR (which seems the lowest price around, including Nuuvem). Ohwell, I think I'll wait.
    What sorta bothers me is that these sites are a bit of a grey area; I actually bought DS1 from one of them, had no problems, but didn't know the origin of the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    What sorta bothers me is that these sites are a bit of a grey area; I actually bought DS1 from one of them, had no problems, but didn't know the origin of the keys.
    as ive said its just (bulk) importing from cheaper regions and reselling

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    I fail to understand gripes about graphics.
    I need to see progress. I can't keep playing the same looking games for 5 years, or I'd be playing on consoles.

If you have pre-ordered the game you should now be able to pre-load it and non-Steam sellers should have your key (I got mine from GMG). It's a 8.2GB download.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    I preordered from simplycdkeys but no key yet. Still shows order as in progress.

nuuvem sells for about 28eur, preorder keys already sent out

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    [envy intensifies]

Activated Node
    I just bought from nuuvem and it came to 23.60 through paypal, key came instantly and it's pre-loading now without any need for vpn shenanigans, if anyone's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    thanks for the spoiler free response. Good to knowexploration is still rewarded with unique gear.
    Yey!
    i think i am quite OCD about this. I never stopped in my first playthrough until i had everything without guides, really exploring every nook and cranny and checking everything twice lol.
    Can't wait for the second one. My copy should arrive on 25, i can only hope.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I can't wait for the salty tears of rage. I have suffered. And the only way I can deal with that is to see others suffer in the same way. So bring on the Action Reports, once it is out. They're needed for therapeutical reasons. Also Schadenfreude.

Best deal I have found is GreenManGaming, add the 25% off voucher and you get the game for 30 with all the extra's Steam gets, got my key and preload ready
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Only another 3 or so days! Do we know what time it will unlock on Steam yet on Friday? My key hasn't arrived yet, starting to get a little worried as it was from a site I've not used before.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Only another 3 or so days! Do we know what time it will unlock on Steam yet on Friday? My key hasn't arrived yet, starting to get a little worried as it was from a site I've not used before.
    it states unlock countdown right there on steamstore page.
    also most of those key reseller sites state quite explicitly that you will get your keys at the day of release, thats how preorder goes with reseller sites usually. "authorized" sellers like gmg and nuuvem already sent out their keys.

Quote Originally Posted by tem View Post
    Best deal I have found is GreenManGaming, add the 25% off voucher and you get the game for 30 with all the extra's Steam gets, got my key and preload ready
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/
    thats almost 10 eur more than from brazil
    Last edited by grasskit; 22-04-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Yeah my bad - 2 days and 10 hours. I've just been told I should be getting a key anyway, so I'm now in the process of trying to refund my unprocessed pre-order which will probably be a no go!
    Last edited by Jockie; 22-04-2014 at 01:48 PM.

And on Twitter

I'm hoping this will run smoothly on my medium-range gaming laptop which is a few years old now but I have my doubts. I'd rather play it smoothly or not at all. I refuse to buy a desktop because they look unsightly so I may have to postpone this one until I have the loose cash to afford a new gaming laptop. Sad emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post
    I'm hoping this will run smoothly on my medium-range gaming laptop which is a few years old now but I have my doubts. I'd rather play it smoothly or not at all. I refuse to buy a desktop because they look unsightly so I may have to postpone this one until I have the loose cash to afford a new gaming laptop. Sad emoticon.
    Check out the link to the PCG article in hideinlight's post above. It's written by the guy who made DSfix and gives a pretty good insight at how the game runs on various systems as well as a good overview of the options available. If you were able to run Dark Souls, I'd imagine you can run DS2 as well.
    Last edited by Jockie; 22-04-2014 at 04:20 PM.

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Follow up article from Durante on some tweaks the PC version:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/21/da...weaking-guide/