Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I can't really see much since we got to the book 5 plot already. Also interesting there is no coldhands in that particular storyline.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Unless we get a new book unsettlingly fast or the show writers race ahead there isn't much more material written for Bran yet. Should be plenty of Jon and Stannis action though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Also interesting there is no coldhands in that particular storyline.
    I assumed that's a budget thing, having a dude on an elk in every shot sounds like it could get complicated.
    Last edited by Skalpadda; 19-06-2014 at 12:35 AM.

I figure they'll expand Bran's scenes in the series, from the... 2 chapters or so that he gets once he meets the 3 Eyed Raven. We'll get more exposition from the Children and the 3EC, they'll spread it out a bit to get information and backstory, and then Bran learning to Warg crows and shit, then learning to see through the trees... maybe some invented scenes with Meera and the Jojen aftermath, and/or might get the very beginnings of his Winds story line. Some people have been saying that his whole setup, having the Weirnet and being with someone who was around during the Blackfyre rebellion (if that's needed), is the perfect way to do flashbacks, to flesh out any history that might be essential going forward... What started Robert's Rebellion, Blackfyres, any WW or Children or Westeros History.

Some stretching and a few invented dialogues/flashbacks, or a little creeping ahead, should be fine. And I don't they'll get too far ahead, just because I see Bran's coming action and actions being in time with a couple other plotlines... so they'll need to have reached that point as well. From the few interviews and such about season 5 that are coming out, it looks like they're aiming to get the majority of Feast/Dance into the 1 season... with the sheer number of new plotlines and places, I can see some being reduced, cut, or just held back 'til season 6. They won't be struggling for material, might even be struggling to fit everything in that they need to. As long as they check in with Bran and co regularly, advance it every other episode, can't see an issue.

Am also looking forward to the Jon/Stannis interaction, and Jon/Mel, and, because they haven't included Dalla or Val, Jon/Tormund if they have Tormund take Val's place. I can't get enough of Kristofer Hivju's voice, and Tormund is great fun. And it'll work for the show having Jon have someone he knows to act as the go-between between he and the Wildlings, someone he can trust, somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Bran historical flashbacks is likely the thing. The casting call they put out for season 5 included a young Cersei and Maggy the frog. As they've avoided doing 'remember that time when..' character flashbacks so far it makes sense that they'd utilize Bran's scenes to do that sort of thing, plus lets face it his story is kind of over in large part (no sitting the Iron throne for you Bran).
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    From the few interviews and such about season 5 that are coming out, it looks like they're aiming to get the majority of Feast/Dance into the 1 season... with the sheer number of new plotlines and places, I can see some being reduced, cut, or just held back 'til season 6. They won't be struggling for material, might even be struggling to fit everything in that they need to. As long as they check in with Bran and co regularly, advance it every other episode, can't see an issue.
    Oh this is actually good news since I ghink this series is at its best adapting a lot of stuff. This season showed that because they didn't adapt that much making the middle stretch be not very interesting and full of filler. That news makes me quite excited for season 5 and even more interested when season 6 comes since it will be more then likely have to be invented by the writers somewhat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Unless it does turn out that the stuff in books 4/5 are actually important there is quite a lot of boring crap in those two and way too many different POV characters to make it much fun to watch. So I guess some editing is necessary.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That was a good finale. The Brienne/Hound fight was great, though I'm slightly sad they didn't let him die from a flesh would.. that seemed to be the whole point. The stannis thing was probably the best they could do for the budget available. I don't get why they gave away the whole Robert Strong plot! They should've focused more on the Viper and the Poison. I can't imagine them cutting Griff / Young Griff, or cramming 2 books into 1 season... simply because they'd get catch up to the books so quick. I mean, they've basically caught up with the books for half of the characters already. Lady Stoneheart = meh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Fuck Lady Stoneheart. If they just cut her from the TV show I'll be actively pleased.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Fuck Lady Stoneheart. If they just cut her from the TV show I'll be actively pleased.
    With you on that. In truth I think it's a hard sell to bring back someone whose effectively been dead for a season, plus whether the actress wants to come back for the occasional part is an issue as well versus making bank on other shows now she has a profile. The shows deviated considerably from the books, how things play out for Brienne & Jaime in TWOW can likely be resolved through other means.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    That was a good finale. The Brienne/Hound fight was great, though I'm slightly sad they didn't let him die from a flesh would.. that seemed to be the whole point. The stannis thing was probably the best they could do for the budget available. I don't get why they gave away the whole Robert Strong plot! They should've focused more on the Viper and the Poison. I can't imagine them cutting Griff / Young Griff, or cramming 2 books into 1 season... simply because they'd get catch up to the books so quick. I mean, they've basically caught up with the books for half of the characters already. Lady Stoneheart = meh.
    Makes sense. A significant portion of fans felt that Martin was stalling for time in Feast/Dance, so there is a LOT that can be cut.

As far as catching up too fast: I can't help but think they would be happy with that. I am sure the showrunners want to get on with their careers and possibly do some non-adaptation stuff and overtaking the books has the potential to increase viewership even more (which, at this point, I think means that every person on Earth is watching each episode twice...). I can't help but feel that this season was all about testing the waters for going beyond the books (the Night King or whatever super-zombie man is called, among other things), and it seemed to have gone well.

As for Robert Strong: it was never much of a secret in the books, and I think it is similar to the reveal that Arstan Whitebeard was Barristan the Bold: In the books you can sort of get away with it, but in the TV show you have the actor on screen. And while re-casting Strong wouldn't be a huge deal (they already went through three Mountains?) there isn't much point. Whereas this approach can fit in some more "evil and torture" which has worked rather well for the ratings.

As for Stoneheart: I doubt they'll cut her. The actress is actually rather competent, it will be a great shocker (two in the-) and it will serve to further focus on "magic is returning to the world" in case they decide to not spend a lot of time with Sam and the Maesters. Stoneheart herself can probably be cut (I think Firesword dude was cut?), but someone needs to hype up Melisandre (who probably can't be cut) and show how widespread that legend is.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    On a slightly unrelated note, I was suprised to find the Season 4 soundtrack on Spotify on Tuesday already.
    It's a good piece too.