Legend of Grimrock 2 available for pre-order with 15% discount, releasing October 15!

I just got the email today and pre-ordered it in like 2 minutes. I'm quite chuffed about this game! The out of doors looks marvelous and it appears that the great control and UI have been retained. Hopefully the puzzles are as challenging, or even moreso, compared to the first Grimrock.

http://www.grimrock.net/
    Last edited by Zaboomafoozarg; 18-09-2014 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added linkie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Why did that read like a drug addict posting a review for some 'slightly used' syringes on Amazon?

It's probably my bias, carry on.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaboomafoozarg View Post
    Hopefully the puzzles are as challenging, or even moreso, compared to the first Grimrock.
    But maybe less reflex-based. My dad couldn't get past a certain point, I had to drive 300 miles just to play through that mandatory puzzle for him. You know the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    But maybe less reflex-based. My dad couldn't get past a certain point, I had to drive 300 miles just to play through that mandatory puzzle for him. You know the one.
    Yeahhhhhh that one part was pretty tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Why did that read like a drug addict posting a review for some 'slightly used' syringes on Amazon?

It's probably my bias, carry on.
    Maybe it's my intense love of Grimrock combined with the 80mg of caffeine I recently consumed, and topped off with my charming use of the word "chuffed".

I gave up on the first one about a third through. I liked the game (though it certainly has flaws), but some of the teleporter puzzles just got on my nerves and life is too short to try to figure out these things. Plus, the constant search for buttons on the walls was not cool. Still, the second one looks gorgeous and much less monotonous than the first, so we shall see.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    I gave up on the first one about a third through. I liked the game (though it certainly has flaws), but some of the teleporter puzzles just got on my nerves and life is too short to try to figure out these things. Plus, the constant search for buttons on the walls was not cool. Still, the second one looks gorgeous and much less monotonous than the first, so we shall see.
    I dont understand this. If you've got no time for games, dont play games. Life is not "too short" for puzzles. You just wanted to to play the game and get it over with, rather than immerse yourself in it and enjoy it. Not to mention that Grimrock is fairly short, and i completed it in about 14 hours my first time.

if you don't like puzzles and exploration, dont play these kinds of games.

Network Hub
    My LoG experience was exactly this. We may have quit at the same place.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    "I dont understand this. If you've got no time for games, dont play games. Life is not "too short" for puzzles. You just wanted to to play the game and get it over with, rather than immerse yourself in it and enjoy it. Not to mention that Grimrock is fairly short, and i completed it in about 14 hours my first time.

if you don't like puzzles and exploration, dont play these kinds of games."

That sounds lovely. How much free time do you have for gaming a week? I get about 30 minutes.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    No pre-orders!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    "I dont understand this. If you've got no time for games, dont play games. Life is not "too short" for puzzles. You just wanted to to play the game and get it over with, rather than immerse yourself in it and enjoy it. Not to mention that Grimrock is fairly short, and i completed it in about 14 hours my first time.

if you don't like puzzles and exploration, dont play these kinds of games."

That sounds lovely. How much free time do you have for gaming a week? I get about 30 minutes.
    Then this isnt the game's fault. 30 minutes a week you're better off playing mobile games or something.

Bathing in vomit is also an "experience", but hardly one i want to "immerse" myself into. LoG is in my opinion a rather pleasant surprise (that the company obviously was smart enough to build upon in LoG2), but it certainly has flaws.
    Personally i find these types of spacial puzzles difficult and tax my patience, but i work ten hour days in a high pressure job that i have to use my brain, so my gaming has to also offer me some escape from these types of brain teasers.
    Also, teleporting puzzles have been around in this type of games since Bards Tale and Dungeon Master and one of the reason for their existence was technical boundaries. I'd like to see something fresh in my dungeon crawling. The tech is definitely here now to innovate.

The moment those endless streams of Ice Lizards came into play, I gave up. I liked the game until that point, but that was just too much to bear.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Network Hub
    Bathing in vomit is also an "experience", but hardly one i want to "immerse" myself into. LoG is in my opinion a rather pleasant surprise (that the company obviously was smart enough to build upon in LoG2), but it certainly has flaws.
    Personally i find these types of spacial puzzles difficult and tax my patience, but i work ten hour days in a high pressure job that i have to use my brain, so my gaming has to also offer me some escape from these types of brain teasers.
    Also, teleporting puzzles have been around in this type of games since Bards Tale and Dungeon Master and one of the reason for their existence was technical boundaries. I'd like to see something fresh in my dungeon crawling. The tech is definitely here now to innovate.
    That's great bro. So it is your own personal issues and not the game's.

I and many others DO have time to properly play the game, and puzzles are one of the best things about it.

And tech or no tech, LoG is like that on purpose.

So if your job is stressful and you've not time for games, why the heck are you spending it on RPGs of all things?

Play some FIFA or something.

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    The moment those endless streams of Ice Lizards came into play, I gave up. I liked the game until that point, but that was just too much to bear.
    I think this is where i quit as well. Don't remember if they were ice lizards or something like that, but there were a ton of things coming towards me and i died every time so i didn't feel like doing it 100 times just to barely pass and then die at the next enemy.
    Too bad, it felt rather good until that part imo, i didn't really mind the teleporting puzzle either though it could have been better.
    Last edited by UnderwaterCacty; Yesterday at 11:28 PM.