Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Network Hub

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Thank God for forums

I used to just buy games without reading forum posts. I haven't done that since Merchants of Brooklyn got released on Steam.

Anyway, just read this on the RO:HoS forums -
    How do you make UE3 run so poorly? http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2118663
    Last edited by redox; 14-09-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Runs fine for me @ 1920x1200, most settings to High/Ultra. Only problem I am having is with Crossfire which is probably AMD's crappy drivers.

Network Hub
    What is that forum post you linked to supposed to show? Seems like a bunch of gamer-teens whining about stuff in that oh-so-constructive way that they do.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    What is that forum post you linked to supposed to show? Seems like a bunch of gamer-teens whining about stuff in that oh-so-constructive way that they do.
    That's what I thought at first, but the mood of the thread is similar to other forum posts.

Activated Node
    Not much has changed since the beta. Still fun, still super buggy and clunky.

Network Hub
    The game is fun but I have 6970crossfire and I'm often getting 20-30 but averaging around 40.... there's no excuse to be running that badly on that kinda setup. I mean Unreal Engine 3 usually runs silky smooth and perfect and yet Red Orchestra 2 seems to have 200pings on most servers and low frame rates.

Just hoping 11.9s or new profiles will fix the problem for the frame rate because it is a really fun game, just really unplayable atm.

Banned
    Luckily, Tripwire is the kind of company that will patch a game to hell and back post-release, usually adding extra content etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Thy just need to optimize the game more.

Its only DX9 for god sake!
    I love internet people.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TixyLixx View Post
    The game is fun but I have 6970crossfire and I'm often getting 20-30 but averaging around 40.... there's no excuse to be running that badly on that kinda setup. I mean Unreal Engine 3 usually runs silky smooth and perfect and yet Red Orchestra 2 seems to have 200pings on most servers and low frame rates.

Just hoping 11.9s or new profiles will fix the problem for the frame rate because it is a really fun game, just really unplayable atm.
    Just read through this on the Tripwire forums - Unplayable Release FPS http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=63069

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    They are doing things with the engine that no one else has yet attempted. There are bound to be some issues.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    They are doing things with the engine that no one else has yet attempted. There are bound to be some issues.
    Agreed.
    I'm wondering if they've uploaded an older build? This is what happened with Merchants of Brooklyn. Something similar happened recently with Dead Island too.

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Should they not then delay release, fix the issues, then release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by redox View Post
    Agreed.
    I'm wondering if they've uploaded an older build? This is what happened with Merchants of Brooklyn. Something similar happened recently with Dead Island too.
    I wouldnt have thought so. They've been releasing builds almost nightly through steam. They probably have the hang of it by now.

It's currently Unplayable for me on all settings with my GTX 570, hopefully they sort it out soon as the game is very good when the fps is over 30.

Obscure Node
    People with terrible PC's whining about how they can't play.

To the guy above me: I have a GTX 570 and am currently playing it on the highest settings averaging around 60 fps. Make sure your drivers are updated and maybe consider that you are lacking in terms of CPU or RAM.

Activated Node
    I haven't tried the full game yet (my internet connection is barely faster than dial up) but apart from the wonky server browser I had very little problems with the beta so it's certainly not broken for everyone.

And who'd trust anything they read on an internet forum anyway, least of all a gaming one...

Quote Originally Posted by Arca View Post
    People with terrible PC's whining about how they can't play.

To the guy above me: I have a GTX 570 and am currently playing it on the highest settings averaging around 60 fps. Make sure your drivers are updated and maybe consider that you are lacking in terms of CPU or RAM.
    How nice of you to make ignorant assumptions on my system. I am running the latest drivers and have 6GB of RAM and a 3.2GHz Quad Core processor. There is something wrong with their game and many people with the same graphics card with decent specs are having problems.

Please go and check the forums before you leap in with your ridiculous accusations, or, better yet, don't post at all.
    It's not the name you're given, it's the name you make.

Network Hub
    Some stuff on FPS here.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=63374

Played a good 2 hours on the RPS unoffical server there and loved it! Really enjoyed my time (bar the stupid Deathmatch mode).

Activated Node
    I'm playing it just fine with a Athlon x4 @ 3.0, 4 gigs of ram, and an HD 4890. Not exactly a beast rig and I'm running it fine on high. It's a great game so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    How nice of you to make ignorant assumptions on my system. [...] don't post at all.
    Why the rudeness? Be civil, please.