Obscure Node

Star Wars Empire at War: does multiplayer work?

As you probably are aware, Steam is having a big Star Wars sale at the moment. I'm considering buying the Gold edition of Empire at War - but I'm not sure if the multiplayer works anymore. I tried to get it to work a while ago with my old CD version (using Hamachi) but I ran into this error: does anyone know if it is possible to get it to run? Does Steam help in any capacity with that? Especially with Gamespy shutting down soon - I tried to browse the Steam forums but I couldn't find anything useful.

Thank you for your help :)

Yes Multiplayer is available right now.

oh, sweet. I thought the multiplayer died with the game losing players. Now to get LAN play working...
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Obscure Node
    Yeah, that is what I am worried about: what will happen when Gamespy goes down in flames? When I tried to get my retail copy to work with Hamachi, I got the "loading stops at 75%" bug described in the linked thread.