Obscure Node

Star Wars Empire at War: does multiplayer work?

As you probably are aware, Steam is having a big Star Wars sale at the moment. I'm considering buying the Gold edition of Empire at War - but I'm not sure if the multiplayer works anymore. I tried to get it to work a while ago with my old CD version (using Hamachi) but I ran into this error: does anyone know if it is possible to get it to run? Does Steam help in any capacity with that? Especially with Gamespy shutting down soon - I tried to browse the Steam forums but I couldn't find anything useful.

Thank you for your help :)

Yes Multiplayer is available right now.

oh, sweet. I thought the multiplayer died with the game losing players. Now to get LAN play working...
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    Yeah, that is what I am worried about: what will happen when Gamespy goes down in flames? When I tried to get my retail copy to work with Hamachi, I got the "loading stops at 75%" bug described in the linked thread.