Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTRO Pickup

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar

LOTRO Pickup

So LOTRO is Free 2 Play, it has an expansion coming out soon. I've already got the Moria expansion on me so I think I can get up to 65. So I was wondering who wants to start at the beginning with me, go through the newbie to maybe Moria. Could make a guild.

Or who already has the game and wouldn't mind someone tagging along? Come on I'm sure there are a few of you out there :)

Here be spreadsheet to put yourself down and organise things:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
    Last edited by Xercies; 04-10-2011 at 01:44 PM.

I realise it's has been a while since this was posted, but I've only ever brought one character to thirty odd and would be interested in having someone to quest with and such for a new char.

I'm posting this everywhere, but what the heck. I would help out if it is F2P and not too time intensive.

Bumpity bump bump. So, anyone interested feel free to add me on steam (name's Rakysh there, helpfully) and we'll see what we can sort.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd be interested in this.

Ace, what's your steam name?

I don't know whether since with uni starting again I should play this again, I really want to...but time you know...

Any strong feelings on server? Laurelin would suit me nicely.

EDIT: And yes, you should totally join in.

I have already talked to Rakysh yesterday, I will join in for the on-and-off middleearthiness. There are no certain roles/builds I prefer, tanking suits me just as fine as healing. Maybe I'll have a look at some wiki or forums to get an idea of how the available classes play.

Since I've never played this game before I am fine with any server you guys decide on. Don't know if any of you are from the US but an EU-based server would probably be better for me (Germany here).

Edit: Ok, forget what I said. Lore-masters can summon squirrels as cosmetic pets! If it somehow fits in, I am totally going with Lore-master!
    Last edited by Squiz; 30-09-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm fine with playing Ranger, already have 3 characters over level 25. I think, havent played for a long long time.
    Ranger is good fun, any idea if the crafting system has changed recently? We could plan our crafting choices to allow little overlap.

Ok Ok, I'll be a tank :D

I'm intending to play a human captain (rolled him earlier this morning actually), which means we have support, tank, dps and crowd control, two of which can serve as off-healers if necessary. Crafting wise, I intend to go as a historian (potions, swords and vegetables basically).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I dont remember the crafting exactly but i'll go with the one that lets me cure leather, cut down trees and make bows and spears.

I have no idea what crafting line I should pick. Would appreciate some recommendations.

Edit: Oh, and it seems as if I have to decide between Elves and Men as my race. I hate Elves with a passion, so Man it shall probably be.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    No idea on my race pick, doesnt matter too much for ranger i dont think. Might make an elf since i've never had one, because i also hate the pretty boy bastards.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    hey ho gents, Gorm has twisted my arm and convinced me to get involved, now I used to play bard and burglar, I prefer that sneaky wee chap but I can play bard if we need the healer? We should set up a spreadsheet like the D&DO guys as thats working pretty well

Installed the game last night. Which server do we want to play on? Laurelin seems to be a roleplay server. Does that mean we have to stay in role the whole time? Could be interesting, but I guess it would be tiresome after a while / would complicate communication.

Haven't rolled a character yet but had a peek at the chargeneration. Man, this game could use some decent face designs. Same with DDO btw. Even the Elves are ugly.

we wouldnt have to roleplay in a group, it seems iv lost all my log in details for my previous account, back to square one for me!

also I know gorm has some fairly levelled players so it may be we should play on the server he has them on? not sure if it matters