Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Calamity's Avatar

Rock, Paper, Casus Belli - A RPS EUIV Game

RPS EU4 rules: Casus Belli Team

- We play every week on monday. Starting June 2nd 7:30 London time

- If we can't play on our scheduled day we will assign a back-up day.

- If 25% or more of the active players cannot play on any given date and say so ahead of time in this thread, we cancel that session.

- If someone cannot attend a session, noone is allowed to take any provinces of that nation in a war and should try to go for a white peace if attacked by the AI. If a person cannot attend for two consecutive session they are fair game though (but don't be an ass). It is advised to set your AI setting to peaceful if you know you can't attend.

- France, England, Castille, and Muscovy are considered OP and are banned.

- The save will be available for downloading prior to the game (the person hosting should post a link in this thread at least one hour before start, if it's not here in time: please remind the host).

- As always, be excellent to each other.

Victory conditions: 100 years (approximately) before the end date we make a note of everyone's points and in the end we calculate the difference between those points and total points. The five people with highest modified scores are decreed awesome as fuck and gets to pick nations first for the next multiplayer game (in order of highest score). However, they have an extended banned list including (in addition to the ones above): Burgundy, Denmark, Austria, Ottomans, Ming, Portugal, the Mamluks, and the Timurids.

If you want to join, you can pick any country apart from the standard four bans above and the ones already chosen in the list below.

We will probaly start the campaign when there is atleast interest from 10 or more players and we've set a day/time for the session.

Players: Possible country

Notenome: The Netherlands
    INinja132: Prussia
    Kalelovil - Austria
    Kefirz - Great Britain
    Choasdwarft: Ayutthaya
    Calamity: Portugal
    Mrpier: Hindustan
    Rebellion: Sweden
    Benzene: Hungary

Davkaus: Byzanteum - Radio Silence
    Last edited by Calamity; 07-07-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

dont believe da deeman, da deeman is a liar aka me finding it very unlikely cal is taking portugal to help players ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    dont believe da deeman, da deeman is a liar aka me finding it very unlikely cal is taking portugal to help players ;D
    Oi you stop that. These new players know nothing about me. Don't start spreading rumours. I'm the snowden around here!

In thruth though I am taking it for that reason.

Funny that you call me "deeman" since my name is Dennis (call me that and I will hunt you down)
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

Activated Node
    So is this a new game that will occur concurently with the old game? Can I be in both?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Ok i'll put my name on the list and probably say Denmark as my country.

Quote Originally Posted by notenome View Post
    So is this a new game that will occur concurently with the old game? Can I be in both?
    Yes you can be in both.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Let it be known - I preferred the original title of this thread. No such thing as too many puns.

Activated Node
    I'm down for the second game. I'd like Gelre, but only if there was an agreement that I'd get help to form Netherlands (near impossible to form without save scumming). If down for Brandenburg, Ottomans or Novgorod (I like nation forming, you could say). But please no random new world... just feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by notenome View Post
    But please no random new world... just feels weird.
    I'm cool with that

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    I want to declare myself in, Sundays or Tuesdays or Thursdays are way easier for me.

Need any of the expansion packs?

Hmmm Norway is a junior in a personal union at the beginning right?
    Maybe Naples or Venice? Hmmm or instead of being totally naval based as usual could go Bohemia or Poland...

forming the netherlands with Burgundy is way easier.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For people thinking about joining, but who don't have the game yet: It's currently 77% of at Gamersgate (http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-EU4/e...universalis-iv).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    I want to declare myself in, Sundays or Tuesdays or Thursdays are way easier for me.

Need any of the expansion packs?

Hmmm Norway is a junior in a personal union at the beginning right?
    Maybe Naples or Venice? Hmmm or instead of being totally naval based as usual could go Bohemia or Poland...
    For me personally tuesdays are the best. But in the end I can just set this campaign up and let you guys run it yourself, we'll see.And yeah Norway is a hard start in the PU

Activated Node
    If none of the DLC is required then I would like to sign up. Preferably I would like to be Brandenburg if possible.

DLC is only required by the host, and then everyone can use it. Paradox rules, by the way.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm not sure if I can join (depends on which day we play) and I probably can't play every week. So I would actually be interested in playing Norway if the day works for me. That way I can focus on colonizing and let my overlord take care of stuff when I'm away (no integrating me though!).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    DLC is only required by the host, and then everyone can use it. Paradox rules, by the way.
    Oh, that's awesome.

Similarly to Sir Hoc there are also a couple of days I can't do so I'll be willing to drop out if they're the only days other people can do.

I don't have the game infront of me, so we're doing a 1444 start right?

Trying to think of roles.

Colonisation potential nations would be:
    Scotland - really hard though
    Norway - PU is an issue but Iceland can basically get you Canada and the Eastern US before anyone else.
    Sweden - Also a PU but much easier to throw it off, then again you'd spend all your time fighting Xercies which doesn't seem friendly.
    Denmark - Taken
    Brittany - Likely to get stomped
    Aragon - likely to get stomped
    Lowland countries interested in forming Netherlands

HRE:
    Bohemia
    Bavaria
    Brandenburg
    Is saxony a choice at the beginning?
    Poland - is that in a personal union with Lithuania at the start? Also Noble Republic which is interesting. Not in the HRE but rather involved with it
    Places on the Baltic, Pomerania?

Formation of Italy: Do any of these have colonisation opportunity?
    Venice
    Naples
    Milan
    Genoa

What am I missing for interesting choices?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Zephro's lists.

What am I missing for interesting choices?
    For colonizing, there's always Portugal or Morocco (for a fun, but a more challenging option).

Austria is available for players, so you can go for that if you want to play in the HRE. Savoy is also an option if you don't mind butting heads with France a bit. And no, Poland doesn't start with a PU with Lithuania, but usually gets one pretty quick.

None of the Italian nations have great colonial opportunities short-term, but they are all contenders long-term.

Also, don't forget that you have all of Africa, Asia, and the Americas to choose from too.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Wait I thought Portugal and Austria were banned?