Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Hindustan AAR: WAR!

Great Britain AAR: WAR!
    (With Portugal, France and Sweden), I have positive warscore for all of them

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Calamity's Avatar
    So yeah what happened to me in the end? Or drop the save if you can.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

I can upload the save when I get home, but you are a tough nut to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I can upload the save when I get home, but you are a tough nut to crack.
    Thanks man. Because you people went on for so long I thought you were waiting for a second shot at Portugal. In the end I was ready to play at 9 but decided to stay away out of fairness, just hope the rebels aren't destroying me as well.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

In short we started a massive coalition war against AI-controlled Portugal, all the player nations were in on it together with some minor AI-nations.

Initially I wasn't planning to join since my forces aren't really up to scratch and I much more wanted to hit Persia or Ming this session, but I realised that the Europeans would need all the help they could get against the behemoth. In the end Hindustan proved to be little more than a nuisance, my armies melting before Portugals armies led by competent 2 star generals while I struggle with having 5-6 pip generals at best. Portugals armies were also much better in discipline and morale and were two tech levels ahead. I am a big nuisance though, with lots of lands and mountains so I resigned myself to sitting in them and scorch some lands while Portugals armies ravaged my lands. I led away about 50k of Portugese troops and two two star generals from the main fight around Constantinople so that was something at least.

In Europe the coalition was making headway and Portugal eventually gave up on their indian conquests (about 8 or 9 provinces), their 300K starting army was reduced to about 30-40K and their 42% positive war score (Portugal won lots of battles at land and sea in the beginning) was now negative 15%, so the war is not concluded.

That's about where we stand when I had to call it a night to get some shut-eye.

If it's one big coalition war you can't really take stuff sadly since most options are locked out. Can only take cores and claims mainly. Can't wait for the save now

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

I demand that you release all of the African nations, since the colonies are about to break away, anyway. They had like 2000-3000% liberty desire each, last I checked

Oh, and also a 5 way split of all of your money :P

Yeah, that's a shame. Portugal declared a crusade on me and sent 30 privateers to the ceylon trade node, so I felt compelled to join the coalition. I even allied Persia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefirz View Post
    I demand that you release all of the African nations, since the colonies are about to break away, anyway. They had like 2000-3000% liberty desire each, last I checked

Oh, and also a 5 way split of all of your money :P
    That's a bit much don't you think and colonial nations automatically break free at 100%

So after fighting all of you I'd have to fight all my colonial nations at once, not mentioning the rebels ouch.
    Last edited by Calamity; 05-08-2014 at 10:03 AM.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Thanks man

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Activated Node
    Prussia AAR: Having missed a week of happenings, I was relieved to find that my AI hadn't really made any insane decisions.

Most of the session was also spent in the war against Portugal, but almost immediately after we started, the Netherlands decided to have a crack at me. Apparently they hadn't noticed that I was allied with France, however, and together we were able to destroy the Dutch, even gaining me a province in the end.

The war against the Portugese was brutal for the Prussians, as our forces were fairly evenly matched in terms of morale, discipline and our leaders, and at the end of the session I've been reduced from 74k manpower to about 1k. Despite this, I've managed to reform the alliances with Hungary and the slowly imploding Russia, and have a good chance to nab a few one-state territories next session.

Well my AI nearly did everything it could wrong, I'm pretty fucked.

I put it in observe for one roll and in succession I lost: Ottomans (100% score released in war), All of america and then the rebels started defecting most of Africa and Castile. So much damage control needs to be done it's silly.

Just to throw up a ball, if you don't wanna wait for me to get my shit in place during the next session I can just reupload the save from Mrpier with my planned troop movements (what's left of them) etc in place.

I'd like to since I want to make sure I don't lose everything to rebels etc after you guys have taken your pick.
    Last edited by Calamity; 05-08-2014 at 04:12 PM.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

I'm against the troop movement, just because we need you weak

You said it yourself :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kefirz View Post
    I'm against the troop movement, just because we need you weak

You said it yourself :P
    Dude the AI wrecked me. I have 2 stacks left which both have nearly no men and are basically gonna get stack wiped as soon as the game starts since egypt is following them. Within two months of play I have at least 8 rebel stacks and colonial nations sometimes even declare independance during the war. If you think that troop stuff and building is to counter you guys you're wrong, that isn't even possible anymore. It's to make sure at least some part of Portugal survives after you guys are done with it. It's less than 30K vs nearly 300K so I'm already weak. To be honest though the troop movement is still going to happen. I'm just gonna need 20 minutes of pause next monday to put things in order.

In the end however I think it's fair after I lifted the one week rule so you could actually do the attack :P After a man lays down on the floor so you can kick him when he's down. The least you could do is allow him to stand up before you send the next guy in.

Besides who's gonna protect you from Austria stealing your French/Dutch area stuff if I'm dead.
    Last edited by Calamity; 05-08-2014 at 11:25 PM.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Man don't take it personal, but you must have seen it coming, sooner or later.

The thing is that we simply cannot take big chunks out of you and add it to us, you will lose your colonies and rebels will take you to town, but you will recover... few years of accepted demands for rebels and you will be fine, just in time as your manpower will regenerate.

As for Austria, me and Kale have a broalition going on so I'm not a threat to him and he isn't to me.

Not taking it personal, especially since I told you all to attack me. I just want to be able to sort some shit out without being annoying at the start of the next session. Or get it in order if I'm not there the next time either. In the end it's still an empire I made by myself with hard work and knowledge. To see it lost to you guys is no problem. But complete destruction is a bit of a shame.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Network Hub
    I wrote a large reply and then the browser ate it, so tl;dr:

Since Portugal probably doesn't want to continue fighting a losing war and watching what remains of its empire crumble, Austria is ready to put an end to the fighting and spend the first 15 minutes of next session working out peace deal(s) while everyone is present and paused.

We will convene the Congress of Vienna.

Is everyone occupying any territory they are most determined to gain?

Coalition war sets limits on what you can do in a peace deal. I have claim on one portugese province in arabia, which I probably want, but I don't think I have sieged it yet. I'll just get to plotting against persia/ming again and soon ayutthaya if chaosdwarft doesn't show up.