Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Network Hub

Solium Infernum: A Demon's Life for Me

This the thread for our Solium Infernum game. Current participants are desvergeh, Jolima, lasikbear, moth bones and myself but we have an empty space so if someone want to join before the game starts let us know.

I need lasikbear and moth bones email addresses to set up the Dropbox folder, so PM me and I'll get the game going tomorrow.

It seems like people people fancy a short game. Are there any (perhaps unusual) settings people would like to try?

Is this space still open? If so I'm more interested than Kerry Katona in a kebab shop.

Network Hub
    Come on down! PM your email addy and we're ready to go.

Network Hub
    Dropbox invitations have been sent out and you SI invitation will be in the folder. If you haven't done this before the whole process is detailed in the SI manual. Or just ask and we'll help out.

And if you have Dropbox installed in Windows (as opposed to just using the web version) may I also recommend this program http://dirlinker.codeplex.com/. After SI has created the directory for the multiplayer game you can use this program to create an NTFS junction pointer that links the Dropbox folder directly to the multiplayer save folder. This means you won't have to copy files around because SI will read and save the turns directly to the shared folder.

I'm away at my mum's this weekend so I might be a little slow but hopefully I'll get at least a couple of turns done.

Thanks for setting this all up!

Should be submitting my first (pre) turn tonight around 7pm EST.

Submitted my first save last night, let me know if I managed to screw it up somehow!

Network Hub
    Nah, it's all good. First turn isready to go.

WTF my starting legion has a move of 1!

I am not impressed by the lazy buggers... so says Nhoj the mound of flesh.

And you didn't go for the -1 to move trait? I thought all of them started with 2 move normally.

It seems like half of the demons in this corner of hell are just mounds of flesh. Should make it easy enough, no? :-)

Oh god I did go for that! What was I thinking!

Network Hub
    Yeah, sloth is perhaps not the best perk for a short game. I hope you used to extra points for something suitably diabolical.

Next turn is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by baboonanza View Post
    Yeah, sloth is perhaps not the best perk for a short game. I hope you used to extra points for something suitably diabolical.

Next turn is ready.
    I actually meant to go for obscure... must have clicked the wrong one. Well this will be interesting... or more likely painful.

Second screw up on my part, posted my last turn file in the wrong folder the other day. Fixed it now, sorry for the delay.

Network Hub
    Next turn is ready.

Network Hub
    And another one.

Slow game so far, I have this funny feeling that everyone has gone for a very similar build.

Quote Originally Posted by baboonanza View Post
    And another one.

Slow game so far, I have this funny feeling that everyone has gone for a very similar build.
    No one else has gone for the mighty "Your legion has a move of 1" build!

I am alone in my "genius!"

Having never played against other people before, I just assumed we were in the beginning stage of "Take what you can and look sullenly at the guys taking things you can't".

Network Hub
    Usually there is a bit more shopping action though. But heh, we're only on turn 5.

*grumbles about that one missing resource*

Some of us also like to use an advanced strategy called 'forget to use your second order slot on turn 1'.

Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    Some of us also like to use an advanced strategy called 'forget to use your second order slot on turn 1'.
    When I first started playing I mistakenly believed that each hex of movement by a legion would take an individual order slot, so I would either only move my legion 1 hex or move it 2 and not put anything in the second order slot!