Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    No, it is online now. I have just been postponing the hosting so that no-one misses the turn. llamaserver normally first checks admin orders (like postponements) then processes the turns. That is why it currently says that the next turn is due on 31.08. Only T'ien Ch'i needs to submit their turn now.

I have postponed hosting by 2 h. C'tis, submit your turn. I will not postpone in this manner (without explicit request) in the future (the excepion being someone on a trip and not being able to submit in time).

llamaserver is down again, it seems. Postponed by 24 h

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Hu? Why did the turn jump? Last time I checked it was about to end on sunday, not thursday. Or did I mix things up?

If I'm the last to submit a turn posting in this thread won't help much as I rarely check the forums/this thread. PM via here or steam will get my attention.

Edit:
    Okay I understand now why the turn ticked over. Slightly annoying because I checked back on Monday when it said "31.08" and figured I'd do my turn today as my tues/wednesday were rather busy.

If that qualifies as a reason for a rollback I'd appreciate it. In any case I've also started looking for a replacement as given my current work and uni load I feel like I can't commit enough to the game as we approach the late midage/lategame.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 28-08-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Nahru: Your Inbox is full.

Also I'd like to get an reply RE rollback. No one has submitted yet, though that might be because of llama being wonky again?

Inbox is empty now. Anyone has any objection to rollback? If not I intend to do it by the end of the day. Note that only Wolfenswan needs to resubmit.

The game has been rolled back. Only C'tis should submit. After you receive the next turn, erase both the previous .trn and .2h file in the save folder - just a matter of precaution, nothing more.

Network Hub
    It'd be great if you could do rollbacks soon after the turn processes, or not at all. I wasted an hour on a now nonexistent turn.

​Sorry about it. Really.

Would people mind if the hosting interval is increased from 48 h to 72 h?
    Rollbacks are a terrible thing and let it be known that I am against them forever!

Network Hub
    Fine by me.

Yes please. It also seems that my turn stalled despite me sending one in. Not sure what exactly happened there, as usual a rollback would be appreciated if no one minds otherwise I'll manage.

Very well. Rollback applied and hosting interval is now 72 h. Only C'tis needs to submit their turn (if everyone else did).
    Rollbacks are a terrible thing and let it be known that I am against them forever!

Activated Node
    Is it too late to get in on this? I've never played Dominions, have no clue what I'd be doing, but everybody tells me this is an all time great game.

Sorry, it's not recruiting as it says in the OP. We've lost the ability to edit thread titles for reasons unknown.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by notenome View Post
    Is it too late to get in on this? I've never played Dominions, have no clue what I'd be doing, but everybody tells me this is an all time great game.
    This game's been running for several months now. If you want in on a multiplayer game I suggest you host one, it's not hard at all with llamaserver.

Activated Node
    I see. Thing is Im a complete Dominions noob so I dont know if I should be hosting/staring games. This is more of a 'I've heard a lot of good things about dominions and want to try it out thing', if that makes sense.

EDIT: I talked to Dom and he suggested trying to do a blitz game. Does that sound like a good idea?

This is more of a 'I've heard a lot of good things about dominions and want to try it out thing', if that makes sense.

It does. But for evey "good" thing about this game there is at least one infuriatingly annoying as well.

Network Hub
    I see. Thing is Im a complete Dominions noob so I dont know if I should be hosting/staring games. This is more of a 'I've heard a lot of good things about dominions and want to try it out thing', if that makes sense.

EDIT: I talked to Dom and he suggested trying to do a blitz game. Does that sound like a good idea?
    Blitzes are good. Check out the #dominions IRC channel if you want someone to play with.

Network Hub
    Goddamnit, turn processed as I was doing my turn.