Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Ooh, good luck!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I forgot to record this one.
    Curses.

I, for one, welcome our new giraffey overlords
    Last edited by sinomatic; 04-06-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I forgot to record this one.
    Curses.
    Aww. I was hoping to go back and listen to the first hour or so, which I missed, reading Bamse to my son while listening with half an ear to the outfit meeting...

Either way, the council as defined in the manifesto was approved and given a three-month mandate to drive the activities of the outfit. I guess that means we should start out with our inaugural meeting soon, yeah?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In case people forget, since there aren't any notes and the transcript/recording was conveniently lost by our new giraffey overlords:

Nick suggested debriefing newbies as PL. So after a session leading, tell people you will be answering questions in another mumble channel for the next 5mins or whatever. This seemed like a nice idea since; 1. gives new players an invitation to speak up outside of busy squad chat (or in mumble/outfit chat or whatever) and ask questions while they are still fresh in their minds, 2. helps engage them with the leader and vice versa, 3. debriefing and meditating on how stuff went always seems like a good idea.

I quite like the idea.

Yeah, good plan!

Network Hub
    Crap, I missed it. I really should remember to stop working now and then. Hope you said good things.

council members may want to check out the super secret medal thread or, if they like surprises, avoid the medal thread like a plague.

Crap, I was working too, but you seemed to muddle through, just fine, without me.. or Grumpy.
    Still, I wanted to drop by and extend my congratulations to those chosen. You have been given great task and responsibility.. but, evidently, you'll also be given a pretty cool medal too, so should even out.

Best of luck and may Vanu smile upon you.. oh, and if any of you should need an assistant (someone to get coffee, make photo-copies, cull the herd) I am at your service.

Now get to work!!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Ooh, good luck!
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Either way, the council as defined in the manifesto was approved and given a three-month mandate to drive the activities of the outfit. I guess that means we should start out with our inaugural meeting soon, yeah?
    Wohoo!! \(^^)/

On a related note, did we discuss the question of the whole member-culling or not anymore? I was gonna suggest that we delegate that to the council if we decided to instate the council, but unfortunately had to leave early. Did it come up again?
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Yes, that question was discussed for some time, though most of that seemed to be revolving around how to do it in a fair and reasonable manner, and only a little bit of it was discussing any pros and cons.

There was some discussion about the difference between just paring down the roster to active players, and removing those members who wear our tags but never interact with the community on the forums, or join any of our squads. This primarily so that they, who have not been inducted into our community and have not been as exposed to our values and gameplay style, should not be running around sporting the [RPS] tag and possibly giving us a bad rep. These were decided to be two different things and should thus be considered separately.

Someone (LaKroy?) raised the point that the upcoming in-game outfit recruitment system is likely to rank outfits somehow, probably by score per hour and stuff like that, and that it might be good to try to at least make RPS visible in that list. Laldy later added that any culling would be more for tidiness than anything, much as Grible pointed out during the Sunday meeting. I believe the meeting decided to postpone any member culling to the time when the recruitment system is live or at least has been further detailed, so we know if visibility is going to be an issue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The culling thing: seems like the strongest reasons for culling is to do with people potentially giving RPS a bad rep and making sure the community is what we want it to be. Apparently there are a significant number of people in the outfit who regularly play solo and never as a squad. Personally I don't see a problem with this, we are open to all comers, but obviously people are concerned that they may get us a bad rep without us knowing about it.

Culling BR1 members who have not logged on for 12 months was generally seen as acceptable I think, but that wasn't really the thing people wanted to talk about.

Anyway, now that the Council is a thing they will hopefully be able to facilitate the discussion and possible actions in the future.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Got a bunch of council registrations for the website. You guys all promoted up ok, or do you need me to sort you out?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It worked for me at least.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I still need to do all the stuff! I'll remember tomorrow when I'm supposed to be doing "work".