Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Civ 5

Activated Node
    Hmmm That sounds like a challenge...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roranor View Post
    Sino.... You are going to regret posting that picture.... Both in planetside and civ(If you ever play it)!
    Wrong Giraffe logo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Activated Node
    I own the game but I have no idea how to play it
    So i guess i could join in

Activated Node
    Damned Giraffes.. Okay then Sino my apologies. Jag I will have to get you acquainted with my shotgun again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Question: how hard would it be for all of us to make our own civ screens (like Jag's beautiful Irish civs), upload them to steam workshop or something as one package and get everyone to use them?

Or we pick which civs will be in our game, each person gets to reinterpret the mechanics of one as a new civilisation screen, then all get uploaded and randomly assigned? So if Jag submitted the incestuous rulers 'Jedward', someone might end up playing as them, with the mechanics of Zulu or something behind them?

I did look into modding at one point and even found a comprehensive document along with assurances that it's straightforward to mod the game. It's built to be very moddable, but as a layman I got annoyed and bailed very quickly. If someone more competent wants to have a go, the very professional and well made document is here;

http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/ModdersGuide.pdf
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Multiplayer does not allow mods. Thats still a problem with civ v.

edit
    It seems that people found a work aroundby letting the game think mods are DLC.
    Last edited by Dominicus; 29-05-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    Steam: Dominicus

Activated Node
    I would rather not run mods. Even if the are only the aforementioned civs. Infact I am rather offended that you could consider jedward to be actual representative of Ireland. :P

Suddenly I see a lot of people frm th lst playing civ.

So I just leave this here:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    It's built to be very moddable, but as a layman I got annoyed and bailed very quickly.
    Yeah, poking around in xml files just to change a background and a bit of text seems like a colossal pain in the arse. Not that I actually got to the bit in that document where it explained how to replace backgrounds, even after reading most of 'how to create a civilisation' and 'how to create a ruler'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Suddenly I see a lot of people frm th lst playing civ.

So I just leave this here:

I've been cleaning my house all day so haven't had a chance. The whole time I've been listening to Hardcore History, specifically covering the Punic Wars. So my diplomacy isn't up to snuff but I have Hannibal as my military adviser so I'm still confident.

Activated Node
    19 days people.. Hope your all practiceing!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Roranor View Post
    19 days people.. Hope your all practiceing!
    I have considered that I should practice some time at least once. Maybe even twice.

#CanYouStep?
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Just a few questions for people to practice with:

Map?
    Difficuty level?
    Civilization selection method?

Maybe at those, as well as the player list to the first post.

Just a few questions for people to practice with:

Map?
    Difficuty level?
    Civilization selection method?

Maybe at those, as well as the player list to the first post.
    errr, with a game this full, you dont need a difficulty level, unless it affects the city states as well.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    errr, with a game this full, you dont need a difficulty level, unless it affects the city states as well.
    Difficulty determines your combat bonus VS babarians, your starting hapiness level and several other minor things. So yes, it is of great importance to know on what difficulty level we are playing. Also, it might not be a bad idea to play on different difficulty levels for newer players and veterans.

info: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ5/difficulties

Difficulty determines your combat bonus VS babarians, your starting hapiness level and several other minor things. So yes, it is of great importance to know on what difficulty level we are playing. Also, it might not be a bad idea to play on different difficulty levels for newer players and veterans.

info: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ5/difficulties
    right. I suggest one up from "normal", whatever its called again. Otherwise you will be so bogged down in PVP from the get go.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    right. I suggest one up from "normal", whatever its called again. Otherwise you will be so bogged down in PVP from the get go.
    It depends, new players should be failry comfortable with prince (normal), maybe warlord if you really struggle with the game. I am mostly playing Emperor/Immortal, so lowering it down to prince would give me much more space for early agression/save gambles.

You do know that you can set the difficulty fo each individual, right?

It depends, new players should be failry comfortable with prince (normal), maybe warlord if you really struggle with the game. I am mostly playing Emperor/Immortal, so lowering it down to prince would give me much more space for early agression/save gambles.

You do know that you can set the difficulty fo each individual, right?
    I always thought that just set the preference, and it always sets it to however has it lowest. So it actually changes the difficulty of AI around you, or what?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Everything that is global is set to the lowest setting, everything personal is set to your personal setting.