Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    No Mans Sky is going to everything, Sony just got the console timed exclusive. It'll be on PC probably the same day or a day before the PS4 release.

Until we get to see more of No Mans Sky and the things you can actually do on it, I'm not overly sold on it. Sure, getting in your ship and flying from planet to planet is super cool, but everything seems really small. The distance between the ground and orbit, the distance between planets. It just doesn't look like it has much of a sense of scale.
    I have the same impression. It looks a bit too crowded. Let's hope that was just to demonstrate stuff better on the E3-timescale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    I have the same impression. It looks a bit too crowded. Let's hope that was just to demonstrate stuff better on the E3-timescale.
    I'd like it to eventually just become an ultra sexy Starbound + Freelancer hybrid.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    Ideally, the game would have both those small planet-motes where you can just step outside into space, and larger megaworlds that take more time to leave.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I really hope it does. Because if every planet takes 15-20 minutes to get around and less than 10 seconds to get out of orbit the game is going to feel tiny.

I'm going to admit that the new AC has me interested in AC games, if only because I can dick about with my friends who all love AC games. I'd be a clumsy sidekick who introduced fun comedy times to their game of stabbing dudes in the neck.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    EA definitely had the worst showing this year. It seem's like they really have nothing to release for the rest of the year. The Sims 4, Dragon Age and a Battlefield mod, along with their annual titles. Not a great line up. Everything they showed that isn't out this year looks like we'll see it again at next years E3 because it all looks way too early to be released before then.
    I waited for two games this E3 - Mirror's Edge and Battlefront.

What I got was some guy jumping around staircases and a trip to a museum.

Well, fuck you too EA.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    The new concept art and talking to staff trailers are really fucking annoying. So Mirror's Edge became less interesting.

Lots of bombastic sequels I don't care about. Though the new AC is finally in a time period that would make it interesting... probably still dull though. Batman lost it's shine the moment the batmobile turned into a tank and blew stuff up. Farcry 4 started to look like the moment Patrick Bateman hallucinates he's blowing up cars with a pistol.

The gore levels are going through the roof. More zombies.

Meh.

No Man's Sky does look cool and the Witcher 3's following the blood trail stuff looks ambitious. Apart from those 2 things it's all kinda meh.

EDIT: Also the Grim Fandango thing I was muttering, annoyingly for those that work with me, that PC games are backwards compatible at the stupid imagined 12 year old.
    Last edited by Zephro; 10-06-2014 at 12:12 PM.

I watched the whole of EA's thing hoping for more Star Wars, then there wasn't and I'd sat through a load of sports I don't care about for nothing. I was disappointed. AC Unity looks like it might be the best one since Brotherhood though.

Network Hub
    This appears to be the year of the 4-player co-op, following on from the year of the bow and so on.

I think Microsoft and Sony did a good job this year, putting a lot on offer. I love Halo, but that is all Microsoft has on offer at the moment if Sunset Overdrive doesn't work out. Sony always seems to have an excellent action adventure in the offering with Uncharted, The Last of Us and 1886, I'm a little jealous. The Witcher 3 has me rather excited after that gameplay video yesterday, the world is looking good, I'm just hoping the combat is getting the improvements it needs.

Ubisoft is still going strong with most of their sequels, and they all show some promise. Watching the Far Cry 4 gameplay has gotten me pretty excited, they certainly have added something to it with the verticality, before I was worried that Vaas had bought a suit and not much else. The Division is one of those games that looks interesting, but the gameplay wasn't much different from last year, and Watch_Dogs looked pretty much the same the second time round, and look how that turned out on release. I almost forgot the Crew was about heists (it is, isn't it?), with so little to demonstrate, I'm not big on driving for the sake of driving, but if I can pull off some crazy daring heists then the game might grab me.

EA was by far the worst and are probably going to be the 'losers' of E3 unless Nintendo somehow fail to do anything in their event today. I like how they introduced the new Criterion game by saying "we normally don't show things this early", almost every game in your show was in the same position!

Inquisition wasn't presented all that well, with some weird gameplay clip that didn't show all that much, and I'm still feeling very uneasy about it, despite my plans to get my save ready just in case. Bioware failed to do anything other than mention the Mass Effect game we've known about for a year, and mention that they are working on something else but that's it.

The typical sports section was about as predictable as it is every year, "you can sports more now than you could sports last year"! They should really just trim it down to 5 minutes for the entire sports section and stop trying to make physics and animation improvements seem really profound and interesting, it's an upgrade, not life-changing.

Mirror's Edge and Battlefront had nothing to show, which given the fact that they were announced a year ago makes me worried you could at least show a small slice surely? Hardline was completely shown up by Siege and if I really want some cops vs robbers action then PAYDAY 2 is slowly shaping up, and will be far more playable than Hardline will be over the next year.

I'm looking forward to Nintendo today; hopefully the 3DS is getting some nice new games (I don't want to hear about Pokemon today, despite liking the franchise, it's just not new). I also want to hear something to make the Wii U worthwhile, I keep eyeing it up but there isn't enough to sell me on it yet, which considering the amazing 1st party IP Nintendo has to offer is unbelievable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Bad news about not wanting to hear about Pokémon, because you're definitely hearing about it.

Whilst it was odd there was less to show off Mirror's Edge, I'm not at all surprised about Battlefront. The EA/Star Wars agreement wasn't that much time before E3, so they were still definitely in early concept stages. At an event later this year, I expect we'll hear more.