Thread: Space Marine

Network Hub

Space Marine

Just curious how many RPS guys are going to be getting this and playing online? Could get a little RPS chapter going on it. Though right now I am annoyed with having the game in my hands but Steam telling me I can't install it. So anyone interested in getting together to play online when it is released?

Network Hub
    I would like to spend some time with the MP, but with the current lack of dedicated servers and the fact that mic chat is ALWAYS on... it's kind of put me off. It also makes me think that trying to arrange anything group based in it would be a real pain.

There's also the fact that (from what I've heard) you cant choose which side you spawn on, so we'd need a full group of 16 RPSers or we'd be mixed in with randomers.

I really don't understand why they didn't make Dedicated server tools -.-

Network Hub
    Well thanks to me being in the UK and the stupid decision to release it in the UK on the 9th when everyone else gets it on the 6th I've not tried it yet. I will have to wait and see how it works though for the MP.

It is saddening looking at the box, holding it in my hands and not being able to play it til tommorow

Network Hub
    Believe me, I know your pain! I've had it preloaded on Steam since Monday. Every time it opens up, there it is... Sitting there.... Mocking me.

According to Gamersgate's release schedule (not the most reliable, but nowhere else seems to give information), it'll unlock at 1am :/

Edit: A thought just occurred to me. It might be more feasible to arrange RPS gaming sessions of the Exterminatus co-op mode once it is patched into the game. I'd be up for that.
    Last edited by Creeping Death; 08-09-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Network Hub
    Yeah I prefer co-op stuff, it sounds kinda like Last Stand was for DoW2 which was pretty fun. 1am is fine with me....aslong as it isn't when steam 'updates' at 6pm, I'd be gutted!

Network Hub
    Well now having played the MP I'm gunna make a call for RPSers to play together online. I think that if you all join the same group and search a game that you will always be on the same side, so we would have to choose a space marine and a chaos legion to be. Anyone interested?

Obscure Node

I'm up for joining a chapter

Count me in for at least a few games. I'm on EST (GMT -5), and I can generally sneak in an hour or two during the week around 16.00h or 19.00h; weekends are usually less grim.

Imperial Fists/Plaguemarine are my defaults, but I'll play as any chapter if it means not having to listen to Joe Average burp into his bloody headset.

Network Hub
    Well I havn't found my fave chaos yet, something like emperors children could be fun. I like Imp Fists, but that can go to a vote if we get a few people, would be good to get enough of us that it is about winning, not about just getting XP.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quick bump; anyone (still?) playing this online? Just got the game installed last night and after pushing through a fair chunk of the campaign, tried MP and found it rather fun.