Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Witcher 3 will be here 24 Feb 2015

They announced this on the GOG/CDP RED summer conference (livestream, youtube) and had a new trailer to go along with it (called it 'gameplay' - my ass). All horses for courses: new and familiar characters, new (and familiar?) locations, gravelly voiceover, general eye-candy.

Game's available for pre-order too. GOG is making the deal very sweet indeed: Discount for owners of TW1 and/or TW2, credit back for non-US purchases, Witcher adventure game beta and NWN Diamond edition included, plus all the expected GOG goodies.

For me there was no 'if' in getting this game, only 'when', but that 'when' might turn out to be very soon indeed. How about you?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Witchernnnngh 3 trailer

Thought it might be worth a thread because I don't think we have a current topic going anyway?

Anyway, looks great, right?
    steam: sketch

Crap, I just posted about this too. Your topic is better than mine though.

Aha, I checked whether there was another thread the moment before I hit post. Embedding the video is a good idea though.
    Last edited by LTK; 05-06-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Oh well if you're gonna move the video up top that's fine too

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    For me there was no 'if' in getting this game, only 'when', but that 'when' might turn out to be very soon indeed. How about you?
    "When" I beat the first two.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was always going to get this on release day, so with the offered pre-order bonuses, and the 20% off if you own the previous games, pre-ordering it is a no-brainer. It will also be great to get a digital copy of NWN.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's a mix of dizzying highs and worrying lows for me. I'm still just not that bothered about the story, which seems wrong: the early cuts in that trailer were distinctly meh and the voice acting seemed atrociously bad. On the other hand, past the half-way mark or so... dear God that big wide shot of the city they like using gets me every time, as do the various "Look, look, open-world!" bits, plus the quick cuts of all the monsters and some of the combat moves seemed much more exciting.

I definitely want it, though, no question, and yes, GOG's deal is a bloody good one.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm getting this as soon as I have my CD key for the original Witcher registered on GOG. I didn't even know about the NWN thing!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Sometimes after reading game-Witcher threads I have to remind myself taht original novesl started as a lighthearted fairy-tale parody, then become darker but still bordered on dark comedy for a good amount of time. Then... I dunno, Germans disguised as Poles took over CDP and made those games and trailers. Where did all humor go? Into Assassin Creed references? Into making such gems as "Your mother suck dwarfs dick?" And this trailer... I watched without sound, tell me was there a Marlin Manson song in this trialer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    I have never done this before, but:
    shut-up-and-take-my-money-530x298.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Sometimes after reading game-Witcher threads I have to remind myself taht original novesl started as a lighthearted fairy-tale parody, then become darker but still bordered on dark comedy for a good amount of time. Then... I dunno, Germans disguised as Poles took over CDP and made those games and trailers. Where did all humor go? Into Assassin Creed references? Into making such gems as "Your mother suck dwarfs dick?" And this trailer... I watched without sound, tell me was there a Marlin Manson song in this trialer?
    Uh?

The Last Wish and Blood of Elves are not remotely "light-hearted fairytale parody". They're grim, dry and while they're not without laughs the humour is bleak and cynical at best. The first game is far, far more slapstick than either of them. God knows I think the writing in the games is over-rated, and not as good as the books, but I'm not even remotely seeing any cause for "What have they done to my beloved franchise this is not The Witcher WTF?????".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Was about to pre-order then remembered how bloody awesome the physical packages were for the last two games, so going to hold out for those!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    "When" I beat the first two.
    Indeed. For me that's "when I finally get around to the 2nd one, if I like it." The first was fine, but oddly fatiguing. I've felt little compulsion to play the second, despite having bought it early on.

I enjoyed TW1 but I couldn't ever see myself playing it again. TW2 is not nearly as...thick. It's paced a lot better too, no swampland stuff or anything like that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Was about to pre-order then remembered how bloody awesome the physical packages were for the last two games, so going to hold out for those!
    yeah. im getting collectors edition. 125 aud. i hate retail but for that thing im willing to pay. the worst part is that you are not getting a digital code with the game.
    i was planning to get the box but never actually use dvds instead of downloading the game from gog. way more convenient than dvds.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The nice thing is that if I like the boxed collector's edition and find a good price for it, GOG allows cancellation until the game's released.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    I pre-ordered The Witcher 2 off GoG - have still not gotten around to playing it. If I'd bought it off Steam I'd have gotten a GoG copy anyway. Think I'll hold off this time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    I pre-ordered The Witcher 2 off GoG - have still not gotten around to playing it.
    how come?

Network Hub
    Well, I don't really care about their new client, but the trailer is pretty exciting. There's gonna be Ciri, probably Yennefer and Charles Dance is the freaking emperor of Nilfgaard. I was determined not to pre-order this, but I probably will.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post

The Last Wish and Blood of Elves are not remotely "light-hearted fairytale parody". They're grim, dry and while they're not without laughs the humour is bleak and cynical at best. The first game is far, far more slapstick than either of them. God knows I think the writing in the games is over-rated, and not as good as the books, but I'm not even remotely seeing any cause for "What have they done to my beloved franchise this is not The Witcher WTF?????".
    The short stories have a lot of humor and even light-heartedness in them, sure it is tampered by some grimness and general Geralt's sardonic attitude toward world. Yes, Geralt in short stories is sardonic not outright cynical like in games and writing is nothing even remotely close to Sapkowski's work.