Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    From what I remember the FCR only puts you in "pirouette mode" when you're threatened by either dangerous enemies or a lot of enemies. In other circumstances, you just keep on rolling. The two animations barely have any effect on gameplay though.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by tgd View Post
    I'm playing it with FCR right now and I haven't really noticed any major improvements, thought it's been a while since I played TW2. But I have noticed one thing: There are pirouettes in the game now. You perform a pirouette during combat by pressing space (so instead of rolling). But the thing is that I actually mostly roll and only sometimes do a pirouette. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but it's pretty weird. The most notable differences are probably automatic parries (you parry automatically if you're not doing anything), pirouettes and overhauled skill trees. The combat is still a dodge fest during large battles, though.
    Hmm, sounds like it's not the transformation I was hoping for then, but might still give it a go...

I played it twice in vanilla and once modded, and I found the combat rebalance quite refreshing. It's a change in flavour rather than a complete overhaul.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I still can't get over that swamp phase in W1. Its just drags and drags god damn it and i like the game otherways.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Let's hope they don't forget about the little things either. I played it from the couch, and the texts were barely readable from 3m distance. The subtitles also often smeared into the background, making it even harder.
    I've said it before, but after having played the latest Tom Raider right before TW2, the latter's controls felt extremely clunky. Work on that CDPR. Same with the animations. The video above shows little to no transition between running and walking, which looks kind of silly.

P.S.: Yes, I'm a graphics whore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I still can't get over that swamp phase in W1. Its just drags and drags god damn it and i like the game otherways.
    *sniff* they grow up so fast...
    Just completed ACT 1 in first Witcher and it was quite fun. Don't know why people bitch about it,being boring,bad and all that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    You sure have to much time on your hand :v

Network Hub
    Yeah i started playing the Witcher the other day and im really enjoying it.

Plus it looks absolutely gorgeous, especially for a game 7 years old and running on the NWN engine. Sometimes i thnk im playing a recent release.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    which act are you on? in act 3 you still have to go to swamp but there is way less things to do there. and you are way more powerful by then so you either just murder stuff or can run past them to your objective.

35 minutes of The Witcher 3.

It looks mightily impressive.

I have no idea how my PC is going to run that but I would like to try!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    And what about the combat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    35 minutes of The Witcher 3.

Visually, yes. Still looks like TW2.1 to me in many ways, though.

I'll buy it if I can: I'd quite like to play TW2.1, after all, and I agree with RPS that even just bumping up the scale (a real city!) is wildly impressive. But I'm not looking forward to the whole OMG OMG KING OF RPGS PC MASTER RACE REPRESENT nonsense if it's really just going to be a very pretty ARPG all over again.
    Steam | Tumblr (stories, writing-related) | Twitter

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by smullyoz View Post
    Yeah i started playing the Witcher the other day and im really enjoying it.

Plus it looks absolutely gorgeous, especially for a game 7 years old and running on the NWN engine. Sometimes i thnk im playing a recent release.
    So true. Witcher 1 looks gorgeous. Especially from isometric view (like how its meant to be played).

Witcher 2 is too colorful, saturated and busy. The dark atmosphere is lost. Witcher 1 used more dull color palette and it's much better than the Witcher 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    So true. Witcher 1 looks gorgeous. Especially from isometric view (like how its meant to be played).

Witcher 2 is too colorful, saturated and busy. The dark atmosphere is lost. Witcher 1 used more dull color palette and it's much better than the Witcher 2.
    Yes. It had some unfortunate design decisions, but I was way more invested in the world and story in Witcher 1 than in 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

I really enjoy the fact that you quoted and agreed with yourself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I really enjoy the fact that you quoted and agreed with yourself.
    Haha! Oh, this made my day.

Witcher 2 combat and Witcher 2 quests in an open world? Sign me up!

Network Hub
    I'm looking forward to this game, but the combat still looks crappy and it seems to me like the guy was just trying to make it look more complex than it was by using excessive dodges and signs.

I'm still waiting for them to show us some "open world" stuff.
    So far CDPR showed us mostly scripted events with hints that there is more to the Witcher 3 than just story and cutscenes (which look great, by the way).