Thread: Slán go fóill

Activated Node

Slán go fóill

It is with a heavy heart that I must write this. Based on the unreliability of Planetside I have been slowly losing my love of this game. I have from the first time I joined this game been forced to deal with a horrific frame rate which was aided by the generosity of RTRS's own Gresshelm. But as planetside grows in complexity so to does it's unreliability. Especially since the release of the Valkyrie I have been suffering from terrible screen freeze issues. As a result of this my love of Planetside has waned of late even to the point where I can not even bring myself to open the game. As a result of this I took a break of several weeks and then decided to try again. Unfortunately my issues have not eased at all.

Based on this I have decided to resign from my position as leader of RTRS. However during a freedom council it has been decided that due to my obligation to remain the leader of RTRS until I get married (And no not even death will not release me from this obligation) it has been decided that Boffinboots will be added to the leadership structure of RTRS with myself and Wafflynumber. However my involvement will be rather limited. I wish him all the best.

To conclude it has been an honour to play with and an even greater honour to be made the leader of this fantastic outfit and I hope I did you all proud.

To look at this community as a whole I have never in my life discovered such a group of people and I doubt I will again. The generosity, the banter and the commeradery. Being selected to lead the first CCEU team was a fantastic honour and I thank you for the opportunity.

So over 1000 hours of my life sunk into this game and a year and a half later I am finally hanging up my helmet and laying my GD-22S to rest. At least for now.

I hope to continue to see this community grow and develop even in my absence.

All the best
    Your friend, leader and giraffe hunter

Roranor

Activated Node
    I call some serious shenanigans on this!

Thanks for some awesome leadership over the past months man, gonna miss you.

Slán leat, mo chara, agus mo namhaid.

It was an absolute pleasure to shoot things alongside you in CCEU (and during my occasional dabblings on the blue side!). I had to leave for a while when the game wasn't working for me, but I came back again after a bit, so I really hope the same goes for you!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hey, all the best. All of it

Every single last one of it.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I only hope I can live up to your shining example, Rory.

That's what we decided we'd call it, right?

Obscure Node
    Let's not say good bye, but au revoir. Thanks for the organised gunishment mate.

Its been a pleasure working with you ror, good luck in life!

Is maith liom caca milis agus póg mo thóin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Network Hub
    Sad to see you go. It was an honour to be shot by you.

Speaking of which, what exactly is up with Planetside these days? I've had an enforced break due to holidays/weddings/holidays with weddings and missed about a month of PS2 action. I joined up last night and my ping was averaging 200, where it used to be 50ish. Is this down to the merger?
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quite possibly. Maybe with the addition of directives and more and more ribbons there's a lot more data being transferred also.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    You'll be missed, I am sure.
    I sincerely hope you'll still be about to Mumble in other games etc.

Congrats to Boff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    It was always good working with you and fighting with you. Look forward to playing with you again whenever you manage to make it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

It has been a pleasure, sir.

Edit: If you can tolerate the game and are free this evening, you should give everyone the chance to give you a send off with a huge Freedom Friday. Sure you'd get a decent attendance.

Network Hub
    It was an honour to play in your squad during CCEU, chief! All the best. The game and the outfits will still be here if PS2 ever works for you again.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    It has been a pleasure, sir.

Edit: If you can tolerate the game and are free this evening, you should give everyone the chance to give you a send off with a huge Freedom Friday. Sure you'd get a decent attendance.
    ... To join, or to hunt.

THAT is the question.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Hope you come back past again some time soon!

Network Hub
    Hope to see you back in the game at some time soon, please running with you.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317