Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Shit my internet is totally down. I'll try to get on asap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    So did this happen? Are there results/minutes somewhere to read?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

It did.
    I'm not sure if someone has some proper minutes but I'll write down a paraphrasing tomorrow.

Cheers! /10
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    It did happen, and we would like you, Eso, to change the name of Sexiest Giraffes to Giraffe Councillor, since you're the "outfit leader" according to the game.

Right, will do if I log on tonight.

It's supremely annoying. The original plan for this week was to stay at home yesterday and go dancing tonight, but then a dance-related planning meeting got scheduled for yesterday, along with a teachers' class with one of the pro teacher couples who were here for this weekend's workshop, so I decided to go to that instead. Then, we scheduled the council meeting for the same night. Bummer, right? Then comes the best part: yesterday night, the people I was supposed to meet with yesterday cancelled because they "needed to rest after the weekend"! *grrrr* I could've been at home yesterday, at least listening in on the council meeting, and gone dancing tonight instead...

Either way, some kind of recap would be good, to hear a bit about what was said and how it all worked out. Doing it over Mumble would be perfectly fine with me, though I think it'd be good to have a digital record of the proceedings too. For posterity.

So... about those minutes/that recap..?

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    So... about those minutes/that recap..?
    They're at home! I'll pop something in tonight.

Great, thanks!

General consensus in-line in red

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    agenda updated 9 June 2014

1. Discussion: outfit identity - What is [RPS]? What do we want to be? How do we become that?
      [Cephas] General consensus is that we're no longer really considered a zerg-fit on Miller (it's not been mentioned on Reddit etc in a very, very long time). Overall we want to promote community and being part of the community. Covered Below
    2. Council responsibilities - look over the 9-point list of council responsibilities and discuss how to fulfil them
      1. Ways to promote in-game leadership
        [Cephas] We seem to be picking up more people willing to SL/PL. Bring back mentoring and try to promote in game leadership. Having Council as fallback SL/PL is good but shouldn't be abused. A few suggestions past mentoring is to offer to say "Does someone want to SL/PL for x time and I'll take over after if they're done". Another option is to rotate SL to a specific individual for the duration of one fight/base assault so they don't feel pressure.
      2. Event nights - getting things going in a timely fashion.
        [Cephas] We need to be prompt, since not everyone is in the same timezone. It is to be expected people cannot always make the start time
      3. Outfit introductions - making sure they happen
        [Cephas] Agreed. Should have a set time i.e. once a month and also adhoc when a council member sees many online who've not had it yet
      4. Should responsibilities be distributed or shared between council members?

3. Verify that outfit webpage and stickied forum threads are up to date
      [Cephas] To be done.
    4. [RPS] server reputation - should we try to guage it?
      [Cephas] I think we're all pretty happy here
    5. Suggest a process for tightening recruitment policy?
      [Cephas] We believe that a forum post should be mandatory. If people come on mumble they can be invited to the Squad but need to provide a forum post to get an invite to the outfit. At the next all-outfit meeting this shall be proposed.
    6. In-game ranks:
      [Cephas] Already dealt with

Thanks, Cephas!

Dear lofty overlords,

Given the impending arrival of some serious game updates, including content that many absent players have stated they will return for, do you think the outfit is prepared to deal with any influx of returning/new players? Are there any particular duties the regulars should be ready to take on? Are we good for trained SL/PLs?

I don't have any particular concerns myself, just thought it worth thinking on.

I'd also like to propose we suggest a CtA to RPS, once the new continent is in and stable. Do we have a line of communication to Jim?

May your necks and horns grow ever longer,

Stoopiduk

Council members check your inbox.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Regarding new members needing a forum post: just do it. I thought the point of the council was to make changes like that without overly deliberating it. No need to wait for an all outfit meeting, anyway it's a requirement suggested before at meetings and was agreed to probably be a good thing to get people reading the forums, we just never formalised it. Might as well just go ahead and make it formal.

edit: what with outfit recruitment due soon, might as well decide on formal recruitment systems before then so it's all ready to roll
    Last edited by Cooper; 19-06-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Regarding new members needing a forum post: just do it. I thought the point of the council was to make changes like that without overly deliberating it.
    Was going to say something much the same. Council shouldn't need approval to make changes of process.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Alright then, council members. How about we do a quick "formal" voting on the matter of changing the recruitment policy to require forum sign-up?

I vote yes.

What should we call the thread? Suggestion:
    [VS] Recruitment: Reply here and ask in Mumble to join [RPS]
    Greetings fellow disciple of Vanu,

Joining the PlanetSide 2 outfit Rock Planet Shotgun ("The Giraffes") is simple:
    1) You need to have a Vanu Sovereignty (VS) character on the Miller EU server. Check this thread if you are unsure what this means.
    2) Post your in-game character name in a reply to this thread.
    3) Join us on the Rock, Paper, Shotgun community Mumble server in the Vanu channel, under MMOs/Planetside 2, and ask for an invite to the outfit.
    4) A Girofficer or Giraffe Councillor will invite you to the outfit.
    5) Remember the first rule: Be excellent to one another.
    Welcome to Rock Planet Shotgun, the place to be for Giraffe-spandex-clad laser disco awesomeness!

Looks good to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aye. /tenchar
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I would be tempted to make steps 4 and perhaps 5 into notes at the end instead. The fewer steps the better. But yeah, looks good!