Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    I would be tempted to make steps 4 and perhaps 5 into notes at the end instead. The simpler/more straightforward the instructions the better. But yeah, looks good!
    Good point.

How about:

[VS] Recruitment: Reply here and ask in Mumble to join [RPS]
    Greetings fellow disciple of Vanu,

Joining the PlanetSide 2 outfit Rock Planet Shotgun ("The Giraffes") is simple:
    1) You need to have a Vanu Sovereignty (VS) character on the Miller EU server. Look here if you are unsure what this means.
    2) Post your in-game character name in a reply to this thread.
    3) Join us on the Rock, Paper, Shotgun community Mumble server in the Vanu channel, under MMOs/Planetside 2, and ask for an invite to the outfit. A Girofficer or Giraffe Councillor will send you the invite.
    Welcome to Rock Planet Shotgun, the place to be for Giraffe-spandex-clad laser disco awesomeness! And remember: Always be excellent to one another.
    Last edited by LaKroy; 20-06-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    This post looks good.

However, i would just like to emphasize that: in order for this new recruitment policy to work properly, it's imperative that it's adhered to strictly.

Girofficers need to enforce the requirements on this list and not just invite at will.

The only way that people can officially join RPS now, is if they create a forum account, post their Miller VS character name in the proposed recruitment thread and join our mumble server.

As i now have Mod rights to this sub-forum, i can sticky it.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 20-06-2014 at 10:49 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Suggestion add a "no chatter" rule and a link to the introduce yourself thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Suggestion add a "no chatter" rule
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    and a link to the introduce yourself thread.
    Good suggestion!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I think CMaster means the thread is purely for signing up and should have no general banter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That sounds like a good idea. It would make it clearer for new people.

Wasn't there a "Thread of threads"-thread as well? It might be a good thing to link to as well (unless I've gone crazy and there never was one).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    There was, it was very out of date. I think we should link to the website and work on updating the content there.

Version 0.3:

[VS] Recruitment: Reply here and ask in Mumble to join [RPS]
    Greetings fellow disciple of Vanu,

Joining the PlanetSide 2 outfit Rock Planet Shotgun ("The Giraffes") is simple:
    1) You need to have a Vanu Sovereignty (VS) character on the Miller EU server. Look here if you are unsure what this means.
    2) Post your in-game character name in a reply to this thread.
    3) Join us on the Rock, Paper, Shotgun community Mumble server in the Vanu channel, under MMOs/Planetside 2, and ask for an invite to the outfit. A Girofficer or Giraffe Councillor will send you the invite.
    Welcome to Rock Planet Shotgun, the place to be for Giraffe-spandex-clad laser disco awesomeness!

Now, remember to always be excellent to one another. You might also want to introduce yourself to the community.

Only sign-up messages for new recruits are allowed in this thread, there are plenty of threads in this subforum for every other topic!

It seems the council is happy with the suggested post. If there are no objections I will go ahead and post a new thread this evening and we can start recruiting with the new rules.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Do it. /ten
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

The post is up. Could you sticky it, Nick?

We also need to discuss stickies with RTRS. Perhaps next Monday?

As you might know already, the suggestion is to have the next council meeting on Monday June 30. Sound good?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yep, I think we agreed to that in the super secret *cough cough* you know *hint hint* thing.

Discuss forum things with RTRS is also on the agenda.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    There was, it was very out of date. I think we should link to the website and work on updating the content there.
    Not all content that was on that sticky is on the website, and it just isnt practical to keep it there.

The suggestion was that we update what we can there, but that one of the council members makes a new 'thread of threads' on the forum for easy forum access.

This was also deemed necessary because of slow load times for the site. Its a good resource, but its just not as quick and easy as the forum.

Besides, we already have all of the posts and threads with resources, all we need is an up to date sticky linking to them which only contains information relative today.

Taking a look at the old thread and copying most of it should suffice... The only thing we need is somebody that is active (council member) to actually do it.

I personally still want this resource available here, and im sure others can see the sense in it.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    The post is up. Could you sticky it, Nick?

As you might know already, the suggestion is to have the next council meeting on Monday June 30. Sound good?
    Done and yes!
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Taking a look at the old thread and copying most of it should suffice... The only thing we need is somebody that is active (council member) to actually do it.

I personally still want this resource available here, and im sure others can see the sense in it.
    Was thinking I might have a go at it, perhaps sometime this week then? Do love a good forum trawl... one of the few outfit commitments I can definitely make is to read the forums far too much.

Rizlar, it would be great if you could make a new Thread of Threads! Please go ahead and do it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Recommend that a 'thread of threads' be hosted on the website so more than one person can edit and update it. Mods can't edit other people's posts and the more people who can edit something, the more likely it will stay up-to-date. We can add editors easily enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Recommend that a 'thread of threads' be hosted on the website so more than one person can edit and update it. Mods can't edit other people's posts and the more people who can edit something, the more likely it will stay up-to-date. We can add editors easily enough.
    Its a fair enough idea to have one on the website, but its just far more practical to have one on the forums to use for most applications.

I would probably suggest we have some of the key resources listed on the site for ease of use, but still have a forum sticky for it.

I mean, a lot of stuff from the old ToT were links to other threads that had information that would just be impractical to add to the site.

One of them was my youtube thread, which has up to date stuff on there. The logo thread too. It seems much more practical to host that stuff on a forum post. I can keep that up to date.

Rizlar: Sounds great if you are willing to do one. We can always use that as a basis for website editors to update the page there too!
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I didn't mean migrate all info tithe website more that the ToT is better hosted on the website, even if it links back here, as it's easier to keep up to date then
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Submission to the Council for their next meeting:

Come up with a semi-formal process for subitting stuff to the council. My suggestion is for an email address or webform that sends stuff to all current council members.