Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I demand a web form with culty chanty sounds in the background.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I didn't mean migrate all info tithe website more that the ToT is better hosted on the website, even if it links back here, as it's easier to keep up to date then
    Surely then, it wouldnt be any more effort to have a version hosted on the forum as well. If its the same info, with links back to forum threads, then it can be in both places.

I agree it will be easier for everybody to update if its on the website, so sure its a great thing to have long term as a resource, but I also firmly believe that having a version on the forum is a quick and easy resource.

Not only that, but the forum version can act as the base, which we can keep up to date, and then any changes are checked and put onto the website if necessary.

Sure it might be one more step, but id be far more likely to make use of it on the forum, because its quick and there.

While I think the website is a great thing to have for outsiders and as a first port of call of 'us', it really is too slow (read: not as quick as forum).

If we have a volunteer (and we do) to set up a new thread on the forum, we can then just use this info and copy it onto the site so that we have a backup/alternate source.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post

Not only that, but the forum version can act as the base, which we can keep up to date, and then any changes are checked and put onto the website if necessary.
    The problem, as I stated to start with, is -we- cannot keep a forum thread up to date, only the creator.

We already had a ToT here but it became out if date and as only the creator can edit it, it stayed out if date.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    The solution to that problem is of course to have someone new take over the reins and make a new thread if the original creator goes afk. It's not rocket science, we should be able to manage that.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    The solution to that problem is of course to have someone new take over the reins and make a new thread if the original creator goes afk. It's not rocket science, we should be able to manage that.
    Or perhaps even create an admin account which the leadership of RPS and RTRS have access too and make the thread with that account (I'm not sure about the rules regarding making such accounts though...).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Just a thought, since the recruitment thread is for new players asking only, should there be somewhere we can say once we've invited them? Let everyone know that the request has been actioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The problem, as I stated to start with, is -we- cannot keep a forum thread up to date, only the creator.

We already had a ToT here but it became out if date and as only the creator can edit it, it stayed out if date.
    FWIW, until you figure out a new system, i don't mind updating the original thread of threads which i created.

Just send me a pm with whatever text you need, and i will copy/paste it in the ToT. I do not play the game anymore, but i do read RPS daily, and have mail notification enabled for pm on this forum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nathan may have crashed the rockplanetshotgun.com website by linking to it in that Hossin post. It won't load for me at all - 'server not found'.

(possibly not the right thread for this info but seemed as good a place as any)

I can load it just fine. Nice with a shoutout, by the way!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Funny, it loads for me as well now. Good job, server maintenance people! Or it might just be my occasionally shit internet connection...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @council members: Check the google group.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Council meeting on Wednesday, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Yup. I'll be there.

Will try! My turn to out son to bed again, but I'll try to postpone that so that I can join the meeting.

So, points in the agenda are:

- A person responsible for updating the stickies on the forum.

- One or two people responsible for updating the website.

- A possible CtA after the release of Hossin. This should not be too soon, because shit will break when it hits live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Also:

- Discuss potential rules for the forum regarding stickies, etc. for future discussion with the Traitors.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    suggestion: shared forum login for stickies to alleviate editing? Or maybe theres a way to get admin rights for the council.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    suggestion: shared forum login for stickies to alleviate editing? Or maybe theres a way to get admin rights for the council.
    I think it was mentioned before that we could essentially only have a few people as forum mods (Nick is one of them now), and it took a very long time to get him the position.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Then a specific shared login for sticky posts might be useful, if we find that appointing someone and replacing the threads as necessary doesn't work or offends our sanity.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    No discussion of my submission about a way of subitting thiings? More proof that a protocol is needed...

Also, I have something for whoever gets the web manager job.