RPS Imperial Leauge - All human league

I was wondering if there was any interest in setting up a humans only league. The fluff is obvious: teams from around the Empire and Bretonnia playing for the coveted Imperial League. The function is to have a league where everyone starts off on equal footing and although variations of skill ups will occur, the goal is to have a more level playing field throughout where tactics play a stronger role than racial advantages.

If there was interest it would be awesome if it were announced on the main RPS site to attract Bloodbowlers from other leagues.

What do you guys think?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I may well be interested. Trying to work out if I have the free time.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd love to, but being in China makes it difficult to arrange matches if the time is too short.

I'd be interested but not right now as I have to limit my BB playtime to the DoD only until I get my Thesis handed in. That said after May I'll be trying to get involved in as many leagues as I can so hopefully it will still be running then.

If I've learnt anything from the Boilerplate league, yes strategy, tactics and risk management do have a lot to do with an outcome given extremely similar teams, but dice rolls matter as much if not more then all that combined, and it's often a select few bad dice results that decide the game. Of course, that's just Blood Bowl, but for some reason I feel that given this scenario, it's even more influential.

Regardless, I'm still interested, as I need an excuse to level a human team.

I'd like to jump in on this.

Great guys! Keep em rollin in. We'll wait till we have a critical mass to start setting things up. Rules will follow the Opens so as not to have too many rule sets floating around. With regards to timing we can discuss what suits best since there s other leagues going on. A gentle deadline might be best to allow us to fit in opens/dods etc matches.

Just as long as the deadlines don't end up like the Boilerplate league, amiright?

Yeah, I'd be up for this too. Never played humies, 'cept in SP.

Probably 2 weeks would be good for deadlines - with a fairly strict end date for draws/admin wins.

The BP league is a bit too relaxed (I think helio is mellowing with age possibly?)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    I was wondering if there was any interest in setting up a humans only league. The fluff is obvious: teams from around the Empire and Bretonnia playing for the coveted Imperial League. The function is to have a league where everyone starts off on equal footing and although variations of skill ups will occur, the goal is to have a more level playing field throughout where tactics play a stronger role than racial advantages.

If there was interest it would be awesome if it were announced on the main RPS site to attract Bloodbowlers from other leagues.

What do you guys think?
    This was on the table when I opened the Boilerplate up, I honestly think it'd be fine, they are a good team for head to heads... Orcs not so much.

BP was so slow because I have been a terrible admin, I'm going to sharpen it up after the holidays are done.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I wanted to try my luck with Humies for a while now. A deadline of two weeks would be perfect, too, so count me in.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Oh, I assumed I said, count me in too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    I wanted to try my luck with Humies for a while now. A deadline of two weeks would be perfect, too, so count me in.
    Aye I've never played humans in MP. After having several tough games against them with my Dark Elves, it's mighty tempting. However I need to cut back on my gaming commitments, so I will bow out of this one. If you guys get to a second season, maybe I'll have more time then :)

I wouldn't mind giving it a go given the BP league has died, though I'd probably need the generous deadlines at the moment.