League Idea: No-Holds-Barred, everything allowed league? Any takers?

With Blood Bowl 2 looming over the horizon, (and with me acquiring a new, stable, fairly beefy computer) I was wondering if perhaps we could give Chaos Edition (or Legendary, in my case) one last hurrah in the form of a league which has all the fun, crazy, perhaps slightly broken options enabled.

Unfortunately, player equipment is not available in leagues (Despite it being in the menu >:( nice job cyanide ) but extended inducements, training and racial scrolls are. So that's what i'm proposing. None of this real time bollocks, that's for nobheads.

I understand that many of you dislike these options, along lines of them being 'unsportsmanlike' or similar, but I would still like to try my luck and get maybe a few people together to give it a bash. (or a pass, whatever floats your boat.)

In fact, perhaps a smaller league could be more fun :D

I'm not set on the TV, but perhaps similar to the Open? Just so that inducements are a very real possibility.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I'd be interested in this. I get the impression the non-classic mods are very unpopular, but I think it could be fun to give something different a whirl in the last months before everyone queues up to be shafted by Cyanide again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    We tried this initially in the stunty league, as I quite like the extra options as weird as they are.

Word of caution though; the racial scrolls were found to be potentially scary exploitative as they will recharge after use, and the recharge is based on some nebuilous kind of "fan applause" factor. Injuries make it recharge faster than anything, so a scroll that has a damaging spell can potentially get used a LOT in matches. This would be so disastrous for a stunty league, where injuries are easy, I felt we had to drop the whole Blitz rule set.

In a league with normal teams, it probably won't be so bad. A precise list of racial scrolls would be helpful to have prior to team selection as they won't follow the same psychology as wizard use.

That said I would be happy to take part!

I'm in - just need a tyrant in charge of rolling weeks over!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    I'm in - just need a tyrant in charge of rolling weeks over!
    Oh, trust me. If this goes ahead, i plan on being as ruthless as they come :D

All right, well we have four so far. I'm thinking eight might be a good number to aim for, but i'll stop at six if need be.

Here's a list of all the racial scrolls barring the Chaos Edition teams:

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63

Can't seem to find the Chaos Edition ones anywhere. I'll do a bit of research tomorrow :p

All right, here's the last three teams;

Chaos Dwarves all get an extra strength for 2 turns, with a 30 percent chance to fizzle for each player.

Underworld all get Dauntless for 2 turns. 30 percent chance to fizzle for each player.

Demons of Khorne get a whopping +1 ST and MV, with 30 percent chance to fizzle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Interesting, thanks for the info.

It seems like Cyanide attempted to both make the different scrolls thematic as well as perhaps 'balanced' insofar as make weak teams stronger and strong teams still strong, but comparatively less so.

Okay, i'll be starting this up ONE week from now. That's the 31st of July. Anyone else who wishes to get in on the fun, speak now or forever hold your pieces.

Gah, sorry guys. I've been struck by the three hit combo of forgetfulness, work and illness. Will sort this mess out when I feel better :/