Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I've just applied with a new DElf team (The Steel Remains) and I'd be up for a game later, either with them, my dwarf or my human team.

I have gotten some way through story mode, though I'm annoyed with the strange requirements. I won a game 3 - 0 but had to replay it because I only made one pass instead of two. Started a single player campaign instead, and I'm enjoying that. Pretty confident about what the skills do now, so I've entered a Pro Elf team into the challenge league (The Dauntless Dodgers). My in game ID is neon_flame :)
    Last edited by neon_flame; 31-07-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Corrected font

Quote Originally Posted by neon_flame View Post
    ... strange requirements.
    The trick is to ignore winning the game and just do what they want you to ;). The requirements may seem a bit weird, but I found, as a total BB newb, that they helped with getting used to some of the odder gotchas in the game.

I've been trying to play with soradain, but I'm continually getting "Error: failed to establish connection". From my internet search it seems like it's cyanide's server's fault, anyone can confirm or deny?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I've been trying to play with soradain, but I'm continually getting "Error: failed to establish connection". From my internet search it seems like it's cyanide's server's fault, anyone can confirm or deny?
    Did you set up a static IP? That's a common problem with Cyanide's Blood Bowl. Also check out the detailed networking guide on the RPS Divisons of Death spreadsheet (it has its own sheet, see bottom of the spreadsheet). Possibly you'll have to forward some ports.
    Forum janitor in training.

Yeah, I did it, the funny part is that the problem came after I did it, I'm checking right now if I did something wrong, but I think not.
    EDIT: Yeah, everything seems right.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 01-08-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Did you do the proper port forwarding in your router(s)? It generally helps if both players do it.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

The problem isn't connecting to him, it's connecting to cyanide's servers. That error appears when I try to log-in to my account.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 01-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by neon_flame View Post
    Pretty confident about what the skills do now, so I've entered a Pro Elf team into the challenge league
    Christ, you are brave! I would avoid armour 7 teams like the plague until I was more confident. Even now I am only beginning to dip my toe into the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Christ, you are brave! I would avoid armour 7 teams like the plague until I was more confident. Even now I am only beginning to dip my toe into the Amazons.
    I think Pro Elves are hard, but in general, high agility teams are easier for beginner players. Careful positioning and that kind of thing doesn't matter so much with fast, dodgy players and the ability to score quickly, unless you're up against a very experienced coach or well developed team, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I think Pro Elves are hard, but in general, high agility teams are easier for beginner players. Careful positioning and that kind of thing doesn't matter so much with fast, dodgy players and the ability to score quickly, unless you're up against a very experienced coach or well developed team, of course.
    I agree. I think the teams with lots of starting skills are the easiest to learn with (humans, wood elfs, norse, etc) while these with little or no starting skills are much more frustrating (chaos, delf, lizards, etc).

Pro Elfs start with a good skill selection and should be easy to score with on offense. Defense is harder, but a good learning tool on how to slow/break cages and such.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

I can always switch to Orcs if the Pro elves die horribly :P I just get impatient with the slower teams, especially if my opponent is fast.

Any US timey people up for a game this evening? I have brand new pro elfs waiting to die. Steam.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

I'm up for a game today.

Anyone want game?

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I'll be up for one in an hour or so for the rest of the day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just to mention - there's a single free spot in the bottom tier of the divisions of death. Signups in the next few days I believe...

There's also a spot free in the Open!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Anyone fancy a game in the next hour or so? I can offer some newish rats. (TV 1100 I think)

I'm up for a game this evening... steam ;)