Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    I can give you a game if you like Snooz.

Obscure Node
    Ready and waiting with my Lizards.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I'm around and up for a game this evening.

Msg me in-game (Screwberry Jam) or on Steam (spuffpuppy).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Anyone up for a game in the next hour?

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Ive applied to join, in game name the same as here. Got human and dark elf teams. With only two matches to my name, Im fairly confident.

It is my honour, in my first act after working out how to administer stuff, to accept PRFP's two teams. Welcome!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Herro. Contact me on the Steams (chompmancobra) if you want a game of blood bowl this afternoon.

Steam acting up. Anyone around for a game? Ill hop into RPS Steam chat.

I'll be around for the next hour. PM if you want a game. Hopefully I can improve on my DoD result - even a 0-2 loss would lift my spirits!

Obscure Node
    Applied with my old rat team The Ticklemonsters, and a new Nurgle team named Super Friendship Squad.

Accepted your teams SoulPride. Also looking for a game with my gobbos.

I threw your gobbos a challenge and you blanked me like some kind of blanker.
    Anyone for a game?

Sorry I missed our GvG game plans after all, Daave. Hopefully we can rectify that some time this week.

Anyone around for a game? Tried Auld and Nagg leagues for 43 minutes so far with one opponent who decided he wasnt going to play against orcs.

Im in chat if someone wants to pop in.

Had a comedy game against PresW last night, 3 deaths by turn 3. My fanatic got killed on turn 1, then my hired star player got injured on turn 2 and the ball bounced into the hands of my chainsaw gobbo who proceeded to fail a dodge and die a turn later. Then I tried to wreak some havoc with my bombardier and he managed to KO a rat ogre, but I didn't injure enough rats early on and his GRs ran circles round me.

3-1 in the end, I must admit gobins are the only team I don't mind losing with, I think I'm going to play the "challenge" teams pretty exclusively in casual matches from now on.

Sounds painful :(

I've been practising with the bombardier in my SP games. He's quickly becoming my favourite Secret Weapon gobbo.

Obviously low AG and Stunty teams will hate him, but my favourite tactic is throwing a bomb at a group of downed players, as it's a pretty safe way to get 1-3 free fouls with zero chance of being sent off. In this way he's still useful against elfy opponents.

In my SP campaign I just confirmed that standing via Jump Up doesn't stop the bombardier chucking a bomb on the same turn, which is a pretty neat trick. :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 13-06-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Damn - I presumed it would stop him and gave him (nearly entirely redundant) side step instead. Jump up would have been far more useful. I do like the bombardier, even after the last game where he blew himself up turn one. At least it was just a KO....
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

It started off as awesome, and then started making me feel bad as my rats cut a swathe through the goblins without me even trying. Nuffle's mighty Thumb was firmly on the scales.

The very first move, in the very first turn, that my new rat ogre ("Nappy-wearing Psychopath McGee") played in my team, he killed Daave's fanatic. The very first thing he ever did. I think the fanatic had managed to KO a rat first on his way through my lines, but fetching up standing next to the rat ogre without supports gave me a simple two dicer on him. I didn't expect him to die, or realise that Daave had no apoc. In the same match McGee maimed or injured two more goblins despite spending several turns snoozing on the sidelines, so he now has juggernaught.
    Daave also managed to kill his own chainsaw looney, who was carrying the ball at the time, through a dodge that failed. The injury box was packed to the gunwhales by the end of the game.

Daave did manage to get a touchdown by dint of sheer bloody-minded "screw you Nuffle" persistence, and for that I sincerely applaud him.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 13-06-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Spare me your pity! Got loads of cash for replacement maniacs as I've been trying to keep my TV low, I didn't get that bitter taste in my mouth like I normally do when I lose.

I got some bad luck early on, but the rat ogre was a star player and mashed my shit up. I thought 7 strength was enough to stop your rat ogre hitting my fanatic but I was clearly wrong. It was never going to go well when I got that many turnovers but I think I'm getting better at playing goblins, the key is to be incredibly vicious early on and try to put your opponent into a position where they are outnumbered heavily. Failing that, throw bombs and/or goblins all over the shop.

Man, do those descriptions make me want to play against some Goblins. Only I still know too little of this game.