Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Hey all, long time reader, first time writer (hooo). Just applied to the league. My username is louchy and two teams, da blazin boars and premenstrualtension. thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by TheExecutionersBong View Post
    Hey all, long time reader, first time writer (hooo). Just applied to the league. My username is louchy and two teams, da blazin boars and premenstrualtension. thanks in advance!
    That second one is uh... an interesting (?) name. Anyways, welcome to the forums/league. I'll get your teams in tonight if nobody beats me to it. :)
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I am up for a game tonight, from now-ish.

Teams have been accepted, Bong.

My Chaos played Snoozer's highly advanced Ogres last night, and I had nearly 500k of inducements to play with. So I hired Lord Borak and a merc Beastman with Dirty Player, as well as an extra Apothecary.

Snoozer scored early in the first half, giving me 5 turns to respond. Unfortunately despite having some awesome block rolls I couldn't score - on turn 7 I broke out of the scrum with a ball carrier and two beastdudes in support and that was still not enough to stop an ogre blitzer knocking the ball out of my grasp.

In the second half I set up to receive but my blocking zen had left me, a few turns of pushing snots around and a couple of failed Wild Animal rolls slowed me down and the swarm of snots and ogres were upon me, bogging down my drive. It took the rest of the game to try and extricate myself from that scrum and it was only a lucky frenzied blitz (the unintended follow-up was 2D against but rolled double Pow) that cleared the ball and some TZ for me to take a shot. I had one beast unmarked and within walking distance of the line. I only had to pick up the ball and hand it off to him with my now unmarked warrior. But the hand off failed, with the warrior himself catching the rebound.

So the game ended 1-0 to Snoozer's ogres.

On the bright side, my minotaur hit level 3! Unfortunately, it was another non-double roll so my Daisy will be replaced by a rookie mino just as soon as I can afford one.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Those ogres are nasty. I've had first hand experience!

In other news, I might be tempted into a game or two today, if anyone's interested? Just ping me on Steam.

If anyone is tempted to play the ogres so tenderly described in the above posts, I am also around tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    If anyone is tempted to play the ogres so tenderly described in the above posts, I am also around tonight.
    I did just that with a fresh Norse team. Ogres won 1-0, no permanent damage done, although the Leif-Sized Norsemen filled their pants a bit at the sight of 5 (or 6?) St5 Mighty Blowers.

Yeah it was only 5 - screwie injured my sixth guy so he was having a game off. Sorry you didn't enjoy the game so much. Was it my habit of just surrounding the ball and not trying to pick it up? It's a strategy I'm developing which seems to work well with the Ogres - once the ball is on the ground I can simply swarm it with snotlings and BT Ogres, and wait for a possible opening to score. Seems to work quite well, but getting the ball on the ground in the first place is the tricky part.

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    Yeah it was only 5 - screwie injured my sixth guy so he was having a game off. Sorry you didn't enjoy the game so much. Was it my habit of just surrounding the ball and not trying to pick it up? It's a strategy I'm developing which seems to work well with the Ogres - once the ball is on the ground I can simply swarm it with snotlings and BT Ogres, and wait for a possible opening to score. Seems to work quite well, but getting the ball on the ground in the first place is the tricky part.
    It was less something you did and more the 2 Blitz events that stopped the Norse offense in their tracks. Also not having access to developed players (well, Icepelt counts I guess) and lots of Frenzy is a tricky thing to deal with against so much muscle. The Block helped though.

It was Snoozer's best ogre I injured too - level 4 and the only one with Guard iirc :D

Anyone interested in a match this afternoon?

I'm about for a quick game.

Snap. I want to test Orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Anyone fancy a game this evening? Ping me on Steam if so.

Anyone for a game this afternoon/evening?

Steam me!
    Last edited by potatoedoughnut; 26-06-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Cheers to squirrelfanatic for a game last night. Our connection issues made it drag a little but it was a close, hard-fought game as my half-skilled chaos dudes tried to beat his 4 Guarding human blitzers and his Blocking ogre. In the end the Chaos beat the Human side 2-1, but it came right down to the final turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    ... 1, but it came right down to the final turn.
    Doooouuuuble Skulls, nooooo!! Man, that was such a sweet plan I had there. That last 2-die-block should have pushed my ballcarrying Blitzer one square further upfield. He then just would have needed two go-for-its to equalize.

Thanks to you too, Screwie. Your Chaos guys tought my Humans a lesson or two about the running game.

Well, I suffered a humiliating 4-1 defeat at the hands of potatoedoughnut last night, despite a ~400 TV advantage. It was still a fun match, if a bit frustrating at times. (Apologies to both squirrelfanatic and Indefatigible Snoozer who popped up for games whilst I was away... I'm not playing those ogres again unless it's with my dwarves though!)

Anyway, this latest defeat is merely the last in a long losing streak. I think I've lost something like 12 games in a row with different teams. I think I've finally figured out the problem though. Unfortunately I'm not around for a match this evening, but I'll find out if I'm right or wrong soon enough, I'm sure!

Oh, that sounds painful. If you want to test your "hypothesis", I am around most evenings. :) I'm sure it's nothing that a few more matches can't fix.