Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hit me up on Steam if anybody wants to hit up my BloodBowlMens.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Sorry soon my computer just died (on phone atm) not really sure whats wrong, good game though!

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    tea in a wee
    Skimming the page this was all I saw. Giggle.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Sorry soon my computer just died (on phone atm) not really sure whats wrong, good game though!
    No problem.
    Dice rolls were mostly fair, some little mistakes, 1-0 down at half-time seemed reasonable. Learned a lot from just that. I think I was finding attack trickier than defending. Anyway, it gave me enough cash for another werewolf and a level up for a golem. Whee!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Applied new undead team Rotcore. Also I'm very much available for challenges this weekend. Just hit me up on steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960905775/

Network Hub
    Hi,
    I just applied with a High Elf team: "Misplaced Confidence". I'm pretty new to the game I hope I can find some less experienced players here too :) Looking forward to playing with you guys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Applications from mrpier and Pirate approved. There are some more there (from coaches tempi, Death stalker, beserkhobo and Vazzaroth) that I haven't approved as they don't seem to have posted here.

I've just entered an undead team.

Coach name - mrchinchin25
    Steam - same
    (profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrchinchin25/)

I'm guessing I have to be approved before I can play, but I'm available this evening (GMT) if anyone is interested?
    (Also first time playing MP, and I've not touched BB for ages so it could get messy!)
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

My 1280 vamps are free if anyone wants a game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    I've just entered an undead team.

Coach name - mrchinchin25
    Steam - same
    (profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrchinchin25/)

I'm guessing I have to be approved before I can play, but I'm available this evening (GMT) if anyone is interested?
    (Also first time playing MP, and I've not touched BB for ages so it could get messy!)
    Approved.

(10 fucking characters.)

Network Hub
    Forgot to mention that I usually hang out on RPS unofficial Mumble. If you see me there in the Blood Bowl channel I'm probably up for a game.
    You can also find me on Steam under: [TXN]Pirate_PL

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Approved.

(10 fucking characters.)
    Looks like I'm available now for the next 3 hours, as long as my opponent is willing to forgive any noobish behaviour ;)
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Obscure Node
    Hello Blood Bowl people! I just applied for the Challenge League and hope it's not a problem that I'm new to the RPS forum as well. I'm a regular RPS reader, but a complete newbie when it comes to Blood Bowl. Looking for co-newbies for some mutual bone breaking in order to get more experienced.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'll gladly give you a game, and you might learn some things.

Obscure Node
    I just learnt I need to learn a lot. For example how to avoid melee when playing a Skaven team. Thanks for the game, Weasel, I hope it wasn't too boring for you!

For third parties: Weasel's Necromantic team beat up my Skavens 2:1. With my touchdown happening in the 16th round, when a throw in landed right in his end zone, in range of what I think was my last Gutter Runner. Thanks crypt/stadium, love you all!

Hope that wasn't too painful for you - on the plus side you were definitely better than all the new players in the TGS videos. Skaven's a bit of a crapshoot - sometimes no matter how well you play your team can melt away through injuries.

True that, Skaven play an almost unique game (elfy but without the universal passing). They play it very, very well but it's a difficult thing to master and it's only partly useful for some other sides (ironically Necro among them). While the most important thing is playing a team you enjoy I'd say that Orc, Dwarf or Undead are the best teams for mastering the universal basics of Blood Bowl.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Hope that wasn't too painful for you - on the plus side you were definitely better than all the new players in the TGS videos.
    Hey, I asked for bone breaking. Just need to work on the mutual part. =)

And I'm still pretty happy with my team choice. I'll change it if I get frustrated, but right now I'm happy with trying out things and getting a feel for the game. Thanks for the advice though, NieA7.
    Also, I really felt the pressure of the 2 min time limit, I'll need a while to adjust to that!

I'm up for more during the week, Steam name is Pyrrho.

There's a 4 minute limit you can choose, but then the games take pretty close to 2 hours. Also, the 2 minute one is good training to make your moves quickly. You're probably better off with 4 minute games when you're practicing, true, but 2 minute games will probably be good training for making decisions under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrho View Post
    Hey, I asked for bone breaking. Just need to work on the mutual part. =)

And I'm still pretty happy with my team choice. I'll change it if I get frustrated, but right now I'm happy with trying out things and getting a feel for the game. Thanks for the advice though, NieA7.
    Also, I really felt the pressure of the 2 min time limit, I'll need a while to adjust to that!

I'm up for more during the week, Steam name is Pyrrho.
    Does my heart good to see someone jumping straight in with an agility side. Too many people seem to come into the game, get told orcs are a great side for beginners then never leave bash teams. I applaud you