Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    What artificial barriers were these?
    Both mostly had terrain like massive cliffs or hills you can't climb, subtle physical barriers to push you into certain areas. The waters in Crysis also had sharks to keep you bypassing certain areas, or to stop you from swimming too far away. Far Cry just had a big black invincible helicopter that came out of nowhere to kill you if you dared stray too far, and promptly forgot about you as soon as you went back inside the barrier.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    @Wenz: True enough, cloaking in multiplayer is really tricky to pull off. Good point.
    I meant it's one of those issues that can't be solved (it's either invisible or visible) and tends to change or break the whole game, it's not a part of game supporting the shooting and quite an invasive one. It calls for bothersome huds to distinguish between friends and foe and vampirism for energy (I'm looking back to all ut's stealth arenas, neotokyos, low light combat and whatever features camo etc).

Still there was an UT ctf map featuring high/ low light flag stands supporting different weapons (hitscans on high light and projectiles on low one) where invisibility was not needed (it's really a nerd/toxic idea). It's supposed to be popular but I don't remember the name. It won some awards I can't recall..
    Last edited by Wenz; 06-07-2014 at 08:13 AM.
    post in progress

Crytek is having a rough patch, that's for sure, with all the engines now being sold for a small amount of money, having + 800 employees means a tough time ahead for them. They'll prolly downgrade, do some lay offs, and regroup, but without new quality games to put to market, they'll fall flat. As someone's mentioned, demo games just don't cut it anymore. Small dev indie scene is eating the big ones alive, as they've got the gameplay and fresh perspective, while the big sharks roll the ever the same crap over and over again. People tend to get bored.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Crytek is having a rough patch, that's for sure, with all the engines now being sold for a small amount of money, having + 800 employees means a tough time ahead for them. They'll prolly downgrade, do some lay offs, and regroup, but without new quality games to put to market, they'll fall flat. As someone's mentioned, demo games just don't cut it anymore. Small dev indie scene is eating the big ones alive, as they've got the gameplay and fresh perspective, while the big sharks roll the ever the same crap over and over again. People tend to get bored.

Oh my ribs
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar

Maybe more of their tech group can find a home at id?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Statement released today - they secured capital for the long term.

They lost the main people behind the engine, Ryse, Crysis 3 and Homefront though.

Obscure Node
    Good update. I kinda doubt we'll see much more out of them, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Homefront looked interesting. =/
    Usually not excited about shooters but the preview got me so.

Anyone could tell that was one of those games emulating cod's gameplay and aesthetics as much as warface in regards of some bf game. Wonder if they' ll ever go for a """"""niche"""""" shooter with bombastic adv..
    post in progress