Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Kickstarter have at least taken notice that something isn't right and have started deleting some of the spammy posts this afternoon.

ooof, it looks like the project was suspended by Kickstarter about half an hour ago.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritz View Post
    ooof, it looks like the project was suspended by Kickstarter about half an hour ago.
    Thank god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritz View Post
    I'm sad now. I was really hoping they'd turn out to have been on the level.

I must say that this has been a hilarious development. I'd love to read a summary of everything that's happened.

I hope that RPS provides a follow-up piece since they gave this sketchy project front-page coverage early on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AntediluvianArk View Post
    I hope that RPS provides a follow-up piece since they gave this sketchy project front-page coverage early on.
    Why? RPS is blog, nothing more.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AntediluvianArk View Post
    Everything gets frontpage coverage here.
    (Also, skepticism was there from the start, now that I have actually started to read the articles)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Everything gets frontpage coverage here.
    (Also, skepticism was there from the start, now that I have actually started to read the articles)
    Fine, just let it read "coverage". My point still stands.

Yes, there was a touch of skepticism, but it would be interesting to have RPS revisit the story and they really should since they featured this over so many other potential projects. It was an interesting KS campaign/drama to say the least.

Though if you even utter S.T.A.L.K.E.R. around certain parts...it's like moths to a flame.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think it'd be a really good article. Just like a fraudulent, fraudulent soap opera. Although I'm really slow on the news.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh dear. A post about it would be too early, as this Opera just got extended for another season. This time it's evil Kickstarter that did wrong by them and the well known villains russian/ukranian information war are still going strong. And now one of the earliest suspects shows up again... it's the competition. They're doing everything they can to stop Areal but they will never succeed!

The whole thing is just way beyond bizarre. Their office is based in Vegas, but they're a Ukranian Developer and as such, they're attacked by Russians... but claim to have received a letter from Putin and... bloody hell. Give this one a few more weeks, it might accumulate more nonsense yet, before it finally implodes. I wonder how do you +1 this? Where do you go from that point and make it even more melodramatic and the whole world is out to get us? And do people still invest money in them, if so... why? Why do you hate your money?

/edit:
    Better provide a source:
    https://www.facebook.com/areal.game/...3953775830062/

A want a game about this campaign.
    Kickstarter Areal Tycoon.

It's a bit worrying that people are giving them money directly now. But well, it's their money I doubt that anyone pledging now isn't aware of the controversy.

This is brilliant. Almost rivals the Magna Mundi episode where a delusional Portuguese modder-turned-dev worked on a Europa Universalis 3 mod-turned-game, didn't deliver, and then claimed to own the entire engine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    A want a game about this campaign.Kickstarter Areal Tycoon.It's a bit worrying that people are giving them money directly now. But well, it's their money I doubt that anyone pledging now isn't aware of the controversy.
    Confederate Express would be a better model for a fraudulent campaign, because they got their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    It's a bit worrying that people are giving them money directly now. But well, it's their money I doubt that anyone pledging now isn't aware of the controversy.
    Every project has its madly loyal fans, the true believers who will never falter or doubt. This is the internet; almost everyone here is (or becomes) a fundamentalist in something.