Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    50 000$ in Ukraine will get you much further then in the "West"( oh, the irony).
    People keep saying that. They have nine people listed on the team, there's kickstarter's fees, they presumably pay some kind of tax, they're going to have to contract out bugtesting if nothing else, and they plan to release in september 2015, which means that what's left of that 50000 has to feed nine people for more than a year. This is assuming that they're all working out of their bedrooms, using only hardware and software that they already owned (otherwise that's coming out of the food money, as well).

I'm not a businessman and I haven't seen their budget, but that money is gonna be tight. Especially if (like every kickstarter ever) there are delays.

Anyway. I'm going to back it if they show any of the work they claim to have done on this game (they say it's in pre-alpha). The trailer full of video of the STALKER games freaks me the hell out. Why would they not show us that work?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Eugene Kim already tried to make a game in 2012 with other ex-ex-Gsc people. This may be an attempt to finish/salvage it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Well, if the trailer comprised almost entirely of Stalker footage didn't put you off backing the project, this might just do it.

I think I'll wait a couple of weeks and see what happens before giving any money to this.

What the hell...
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I like how Vostok first said these guys did not develop Stalker and then did a complete 180 "but it's still not right!!!".

Fact is, Areal sounds a lot more like a Stalker successor than their shitty multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I like how Vostok first said these guys did not develop Stalker and then did a complete 180 "but it's still not right!!!".

Fact is, Areal sounds a lot more like a Stalker successor than their shitty multiplayer game.
    i thought the issue is that the pitch video shows literally nothing but assets from the original STALKER, down to the concept art. even if the claims about the devs aren't fraudulent it's super sketchy that they can't show anything of the game they're actually trying to fund

It has some Unity assets too. It's probably a scam. Still sounds better than Survarium.

Aye, it does sound better than Survarium, as a concept (multiplayer only just kills it for me straight away). Sadly though the way things look at the moment, I don't think it's going to be realised and so for now we'll have to keep dreaming of a worthy successor to Stalker :(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The way things look? If there was anything to look at it'd be an improvement. Even if it's not a scam, these people clearly have no idea what they're doing so one way or another this is never seeing the light of day.

I want this to happen, I will back it if ever they actually release some information. I'm one of the biggest fans of S.T.A.L.K.E.R you're likely to find, have spent thousands of hours in the zone. Currently playing through STALKERSOUP. I WANTED S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2. But even I ain't backing this in it's current "state" :/

Suddendly "BoreZ" comes to mind. You know, the zombie game that looked like some other popular zombie game everyone talked about.
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Suddendly "BoreZ" comes to mind. You know, the zombie game that looked like some other popular zombie game everyone talked about.
    Heh, RomanS( warInc and WarZ designer who post on mp.net) didn't post about it so it's probably not them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Sorry for cross posting.

Actress Page

They're all together in the new video update.

As for Dusynskyi's image, the stock photographer is Ukrainian.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    CCCCCCCCOMBO BREAKER!

I bet this scam talk is just a publicity stunt.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Scam or no, I'm still steering clear of this until they can show something of the actual game.

Network Hub
    Anyone else reported this to Kickstarter as potentially fraudulent?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strazz View Post
    Anyone else reported this to Kickstarter as potentially fraudulent?
    I think separating fools from their money is what Kickstarter was about? No fraud there.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, I conjure up this thread just to apply a bit of Schadenfreude. If nothing else, this Kickstarter has entertained me greatly. Will a game come out of it, well doubtful but miracles do happen. But that's just the backdrop for the real star of the show: The way they handled their Kickstarter.

We develop our own engine! - Unity on Show
    With our own assets - pre-build Unity Asset Pack
    Our own concept art - nicked from the Internet
    The whole stockimage deal
    Their private war with the Stalker Modding Team

And for the longest time, there was some back and forth on that but mostly silence until suddenly in the last few days they've kicked it up a bit and I've been laughing all the way. Just a few examples:

- So they did a Reddit Ask me Anything. Rarely has an AMA divebombed as quickly as this one. Instead of the Project Lead, an intern showed up in his name and just copy/pasted premade answers over and over again. Naturally this didn't bode well. You may need to dig for more replies because they're all too far in the negative score.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment..._up_of_senior/

- They either claim to have gotten a letter from Putin or fell for a troll claiming to be Putin or just faked it themselves.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l/posts/919596
    Including choice quotes such as this: "We have inadvertently become a part of an ongoing information war between Russians and Ukrainians." Yes, of course, some small Kickstarter is now suddenly the centerpiece of a Russian/Ukranian War, yes, yes. Of course. They certainly believe in that part.

- Someone started spamming their Kickstarter Page with a compiled list of "trolls", backers that have asked them uncomfortable questions. Some claim the posters are Areal Devs, no proof on that one though. Still funny.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...areal/comments

- Their funding history is very interesting, with their backers disappearing one by one and the general flow of money flatlining... until a few days ago they suddenly got all the money they need in one go, to push it over the finishing line. Some claim they packed the money themselves to at least collect the money that had been pledged so far.

- They went and publically smeared news outlets that weren't favorable to them in another kickstarter update. No link for that one, just go from the Kickstarter Links above, I'm probably at the limit for links.

I'm sorry, whether this goes through or not... this is comedy gold. And if it fails, I'll be laughing at people that spend their money on it. I get hope and I get the desire to have another game like Stalker. But there are signs, there's writing on the wall and then there's a raging monkey throwing feces at the wall claiming to be the mutated combination of John Goodman and Sarah Jessica Parker. If people's "this might not be legitimate" sensors don't go off by then, well I'm not sure what could convince them to not burn their money.
    Last edited by theForged; 21-07-2014 at 03:33 PM.