Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar

Sid Meier's Pirates! Legacy Game

After the "success" of the Sword of the Stars Legacy Game I wracked my brain for another game with a natural handing off point. Sure I could say, 1 year each, or until you die but that seems arbitrary.

What I suggest is this, we play Sid Meier's Pirates! (the new 3D one I guess) until we need to divide the plunder, and then we save up and hand off. Otherwise its Ironman mode and we don't revise mistakes. We play on at least medium difficulty (easy ruins the wind).

We are free to pursue the narrative or just try and get rich transporting guns to natives, whatever.

Any takers? In case you don't own it, or like me you have it on a CD (not even a DVD) then here's a steam link 1.49
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 26-06-2014 at 09:36 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'd be up for this. Yo ho ho!

Here are two pirate jokes which are favourites of my four year old niece - one she told me:

why are pirates called pirates?
    -because they ARRGGGGHHH

one I told her:
    Knock knock
    - who's there?
    Interrupting pirate
    - interrupting pira-
    YAARRRRGGGGGGHHH!

(you may notice both of these jokes involve shouting which might be why she loves them)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sounds great, I'm in. Won't be able to play a round until at least the weekend though.

I'd suggest keeping the difficulty fairly low, as later years (40+ age) get bastard hard on higher difficulties.

You get to change difficulty at each division of plunder IIRC. Harder difficulties get to take more gold from the haul.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You get to change difficulty at each division of plunder IIRC. Harder difficulties get to take more gold from the haul.
    You can up it, but not lower it.

Which often feels like (and can be) a good idea when your pirate is young, but being overadventerous can force you into a relativley early retirement.

Huh, if you have a really bad division (usually after imprisonment) I think you get offered to reduce difficulty

Activated Node
    I'd give this a shot, seeing as it's in my steam library and I don't know how it got there. Still have it on disc at home, I think. Will boot it up later and see how I get on single player (cue Mount and Blade 100 hours later segue)