Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node

Giraffes Do Stockholm aka Grumpy NEVER forgets.

Stockholm meetup.

This thread began when I decided I wanted to party with rps people during the first drunken stampede. It seemed simplest to throw together a meet up for Swedish members, getting them to Stockholm over a weekend or long weekend isn't too hard, and we can probably house 5-6 people with the people living here.

It is not intended to intrude on 'more official' meetups.

Someone said something about a place to be and board games. I can probably borrow Gröna Villan at Frescati and with the games already there as well as my other board game group we should be able to provide suitable entertainments. (Due to Swedish laws and it being a pub we would be limited to buying beer from the owning student society on the premises).

If you're interested, please fill in the doodle bellow so we can pick a date.

http://doodle.com/dmkhe4yytiusz3dh
    Last edited by Grumpy; 29-06-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Stockholm?

Was Malmo voted against in the end?

I vote for Malmö cuz it is cheaper to actually get a hotel/hostel/b&b here.
    (and i live here)
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Stockholm sounds awesome!! Depending on when we do it I might be able to host two or three people at my place.

And realistically speaking, Stockholm is probably is easier to get to for most people.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

No cuz we have Köpenhamn and EVERYONE can get there
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I know that three [RPS] people live in the Stockholm area, so that is actually the largest group among the Swedes. Stockholm is naturally my preferred location as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    I know that three [RPS] people live in the Stockholm area, so that is actually the largest group among the Swedes. Stockholm is naturally my preferred location as well.
    well, true. i give up. just pick a weekend when im not working... please!!!
    Be my friend on Steam

There is actually a chance I will be in Tranas from mid July to mid August.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    When? /tenchar
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm guessing long weekends are better for people, is this true?
    http://doodle.com/dmkhe4yytiusz3dh
    Disclaimer:
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I can probably house one or two people.
    Disclaimer:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That soon I probably can't manage.

Imagined it would be about the same time as the meetup last year.

So the thread titled: "Grumpy never forgets" is on the topic of organising an RPS meet up in Stockholm, Sweden...

Hmmm. It's a tiny thing and might not seem like it matters much, but please let's try to name things appropriately. I'd hate for people to miss out on this because it wasn't overly obvious to them what this thread was actually about.

Just a friendly little reminder of sub-forum posting etiquette here, don't mind me.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Lesser Hivemind Node
    People where claiming I would forget, and I was drunk. It's totally logical I swear!
    Disclaimer:

Argh, you're doing a meetup in Sweden on such a close notice ? :s I so want to be there, but the plane tickets will be too expensive (and I wouldn't be able to make it in July anyway :s) I'm bummed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...eet+manchester

Previous Thread re: this sort of stuff. Note that the first post was edited quite a few times. Initally we planned to rent a house somewhere to play many board games, but that proved difficult to organise in the end.

At the end we agreeded to do such a thing again, and suspected that Sweden was the next-most-populous country after the UK for [RPS] regulars. Though if the vote is a "Yes" this year, then Scotland might be a good contender for that number 2 slot.

We might wanna have the meetup in September/October instead. Cuz if the non-swedes should be able to come, planning is good.
    for me, 25th july is fine! i have my first weekend off from work and would love to meet up. but as i said...
    "lite mer framförhållning behövs om resten av gänget ska kunna vara med"
    - use translation if u wanna see what i wrote
    Be my friend on Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If we need a house and board games I can fix that in Stockholm. I gots connections.

I vote we have a Swedish meet up in July and another one for people further away in September. Cause stuff.
    Disclaimer:

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Updated first post with a slightly better description.
    Disclaimer:

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Do we want to vote on place?
    I've heard more voices for Stockholm than other places so far, but it is in no way set in stone.
    Disclaimer: