Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar

Different playstyles in different parts of the world (MP)?

Just idle curiosity, but Squirrel's thread in tech help reminded me of something I've heard (and seen a bit of in videos) about World of Tanks:
    On the US servers people cap bases much more than on the EU servers.
    On the EU servers people go more for doing damage and killing all enemy tanks than capping.
    On the Russian servers it's all about attacking (apparently with little concern about surviving).
    On the Asian servers people apparently choose tanks after their nationality (as much as that's possible).

Obviously there's a good bit of generalization in that, but it does seem like there are some curious differences.

Has anybody noticed something similar with other games (the only other MP game I've really played was BF1942. I nearly only played on US servers, but judging from my few forays into European servers, there didn't seem to be much difference in that game)?

Well the russian style of playing DotA is all in with zero consideration of one's chances of survival. Generally they seem to favor "damage at any cost" thinking.

In World of Tanks there's a slight xp gain boost for eliminating all opponents instead of capping, which is why it's favored here.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Well the russian style of playing DotA is all in with zero consideration of one's chances of survival. Generally they seem to favor "damage at any cost" thinking.
    So the same as in WoT. That's pretty interesting.

In World of Tanks there's a slight xp gain boost for eliminating all opponents instead of capping, which is why it's favored here.
    yeah, that's why it's odd the US seem to be so much about capping instead (sometimes you have to cap to win, of course, but on the EU servers it's generally a last resort, whereas it seems to be the priority on the US servers).