Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    I just looked up a guide how to speed through this boring crap. I couldn't read any more lines of dialogue that all blended in together and sounded the same. At this point, I had lost all track of the plot due to apathy, so I figured a guide wouldn't hurt the gaming experience any more than the experience of playing through Cyseal. :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Don't ruin the game for yourself. Play with a friend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Or just steal everything and kill everyone you can, that seems like a totally valid approach to the game. Eventually you will steal the right bit of info, kill the right person and get the right key or whatever to continue. Seems like following a guide would be incredibly dull. :(

If you're here for the combat, then a guide is just fine. The game has a lot of text, and sometimes things just get very dreary, as a lot of the characters tend to ramble on and on and on.

Yeah, I'm loving the bit of combat I've had, but the text from characters I've read isn't very compelling. At least thus far.

Many have said that Cyseal's pretty rough and the plot gets better as things go forward. So I'm just "speedreading" or "skipping a chapter", so to speak. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Or just steal everything and kill everyone you can, that seems like a totally valid approach to the game. Eventually you will steal the right bit of info, kill the right person and get the right key or whatever to continue. Seems like following a guide would be incredibly dull. :(
    LOL.... I usually find myself feeling very, very terrible in playing a chaotic evil character (or lawful evil in this case?), but I may have to try this way.

That fucking legion commander is pissing me off.

He's kind of a dick. At the very least he's worth a save before killing.

And after 63 hours, it's finished!

Some cons:
    -Big difficulty spike when you leave the first city, it's too hard compared to later encounters.
    -The two extra characters aren't up to Biowares quality, I didn't really care about them.
    -Having to find five pixels on your screen wasn't fun twenty years ago, it still isn't. And no, using a perception potion which lasts 10s didn't really help. Heck, I couldn't even find the buttons after looking it up on the net.
    -The last zone felt rushed. Not nearly as much to do as in the previous zones.
    -I didn't really like the perks, only a few seemed to be really useful.

Fun parts:
    -The fighting is awesome.
    -Building up your characters is fun.
    -There's a lot to do in every zone. No matter where you walk, you'll find something to do.
    -Humor!

All in all, it's a great game with some room for improvements. I look forwards toward their next game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Patch today, preparing for new companions - also today!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2302...86173471596259

:O

I'll probably still wait a while before I start another playthrough. Intially I expected them to quickly fix the glorious clusterfuck that is the inventory. But it's still a broken mess compared to the good old isometric RPGs.