Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    There are a few mods available already on Nexus, that are not nude skins. One of them makes the game harder and there's also one to fix crafting. Haven't tested, so don't know how good they are. One mod that seemed good turns Madora/Jahan to whichever starting class you want and allows the player to assign all of their skill and ability points. I already turned Jahan to hybrid mage/ranger, but would've been nice to have him as a more pure ranger.

In regards to weapon: Crafting can make decent enough equipment but nothing comes even close to boosting legendary gear. You can enhance legendary gear with most of the same stuff that works on any other piece of equipment. This way you can have two elemental enchantments on a weapon for example.
    My ranger ran around with a crazy bow like this:

Nothing you can craft comes even remotely close to it.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Teach us your ways!. how you boosted that bow so massively

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Bowstring, tenebrium, sextant, I assume. 2-handed weapons can get even more ludicrous damage towards the end of the game.

Activated Node
    I read somewhere this game is 50 hours to beat... steam says I played 58 already and it feels like I only started, only got to meet the conduit in the frozen lands. where's the truth?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Took me 80-odd hours including a few restarts, so maybe 70 hours for the actual run. 50 sounds like someone in a real hurry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Took me about 12 hours to know what the flip I was doing.

80 hours sounds like a reasonable length to assume on a first play-through. I probably spent around 100 because I compulsively have to poke around in every corner in games like this.

Played for 60 hours and reached the Phantom woods, I think it means I still have 10-20 hours of play.
    I think that if I play it a second time, with prior knowledge of what I'm suppose to be doing, It will probably take me less than 40 hours to reach that point.
    Original sin as great at wasting the player's time by not being clear on your next move, providing plenty of pixel hunting puzzles and giving you missions you can't complete at the moment without telling you so and thus sending you and wild pixel hunt where there isn't any (for example: The wishing wells and the armory key quests).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Played for 60 hours and reached the Phantom woods, I think it means I still have 10-20 hours of play.
    I think that if I play it a second time, with prior knowledge of what I'm suppose to be doing, It will probably take me less than 40 hours to reach that point.
    Original sin as great at wasting the player's time by not being clear on your next move, providing plenty of pixel hunting puzzles and giving you missions you can't complete at the moment without telling you so and thus sending you and wild pixel hunt where there isn't any (for example: The wishing wells and the armory key quests).
    Um, what? Wasting your time? I certainly disagree there, what you're seeing as time wasting I saw as a blissful lack of hand-holding and the freedom to explore and discover on my own.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What Darkfenix said. So many gripes come from these deeply ingrained expectations. I definitely find myself doing the same - why doesn't this work? Why haven't they told me what to do yet? But that's not how this game works and actually I love it.

I'm also yet to find a 'pixel hunt' problem that people keep describing. If I miss something or cannot finish a quest or simply can't be arsed then I generally just carry on down the road.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    It's easier to press ALT than to do all that pixel hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    It's easier to press ALT than to do all that pixel hunting!
    Pressing ALT shows only items, but not containers and buttons. In some cases it's not showing important keys.
    Anyway, I'm not asking for quest marks to show me the exact spot of a solution (I thank Larian for not giving that option), but the journal can be a little more informative on your next step, especially for the main quest and not force you to run around the map trying to figure out what to do next.

Just to clarify: I think Original sin is a great game and the 60+ hours I put into it (so far) were 95% fun.

I agree with you Avish, there are some points after the Cyseal where it's needlessly obtuse. I think tbh feels more like a lack of polish in places, Cyseal is well polished for the most part but the later maps have a few spots where it feels more testing would have helped.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    Um, what? Wasting your time? I certainly disagree there, what you're seeing as time wasting I saw as a blissful lack of hand-holding and the freedom to explore and discover on my own.
    Totally agree. I love not knowing what to do, where to go, what certain quests would require me to do etc. I never flet stuck in this game, exactly " blissful lack of hand-holding and the freedom to explore and discover on my own" i have not felt that i cRPG in so many years ( Fallout 1 i guess ? ).

It also seems like things become clear in fairly short order. When I first started in Silverglen (2nd area), I didn't really know where to go.. but the levels of the enemies are a good indicator, and so I just bounced around until I found out where I needed to be.

I'm about half way through Cyseal on hard difficulty and it certainly is pretty hard so far. Getting hit by one bad CC against a group of enemies will often mean someone dies and having 40% less HP means ground and status effects are actually dangerous now without constant healing. I expect it'll get easier later on, which is a shame because right now it's tricky but doable and lots of fun. It'd be nice if there was an option to simply bump up the enemy levels a little on the last two maps. I might try going for lone wolf/glass cannon builds, but then again I like having a bigger party.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    The well quest he gives as an example is actually kind of a dick move. (Spoilers!) You get a quest and get teleported to a different area and presented with what looks like a puzzle, but you can't actually solve it until several levels later when you arrive there from a different direction. Furthermore you're stuck there and have to rift travel out, which is further fooling you into thinking you should be able to do *something* (end spoilers). That is unless there *is* something you can do, but I spent 15 minutes just messing around with stuff and couldn't figure anything out whereas from the other direction it's a very simple puzzle.

The two switch "puzzles" in Black Cove are also just complete nonsense and there are others later on in the game.

As for the quest log, I don't think anyone is asking for it to spell out details and solutions, but if I get a quest from Dave in the pub to kidnap his grandmothers three-headed cat from her cottage in the haunted woods it'd be nice if the quest log recorded a bit more than "We met Dave in the pub".

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    I'm about half way through Cyseal on hard difficulty and it certainly is pretty hard so far. Getting hit by one bad CC against a group of enemies will often mean someone dies and having 40% less HP means ground and status effects are actually dangerous now without constant healing. I expect it'll get easier later on, which is a shame because right now it's tricky but doable and lots of fun. It'd be nice if there was an option to simply bump up the enemy levels a little on the last two maps. I might try going for lone wolf/glass cannon builds, but then again I like having a bigger party.

The well quest he gives as an example is actually kind of a dick move. (Spoilers!) You get a quest and get teleported to a different area and presented with what looks like a puzzle, but you can't actually solve it until several levels later when you arrive there from a different direction. Furthermore you're stuck there and have to rift travel out, which is further fooling you into thinking you should be able to do *something* (end spoilers). That is unless there *is* something you can do, but I spent 15 minutes just messing around with stuff and couldn't figure anything out whereas from the other direction it's a very simple puzzle.

The two switch "puzzles" in Black Cove are also just complete nonsense and there are others later on in the game.

As for the quest log, I don't think anyone is asking for it to spell out details and solutions, but if I get a quest from Dave in the pub to kidnap his grandmothers three-headed cat from her cottage in the haunted woods it'd be nice if the quest log recorded a bit more than "We met Dave in the pub".
    Regarding that quest, you teleport through the first wishing well and are in a tiny area with nothing but a chest and another wishing well. I tried the obvious; I looked for a key, tried blowing up the doors, then resolved that I simply wasn't supposed to be there yet, or simply hadn't found the key elsewhere yet, so instead I blew up the chest and pinched its contents, then left. Additionally, you aren't stuck there, did it not occur to you that if one wishing well could teleport you to the other, it'd work both ways?

I'd not call that quest a dick move, I'd say it's a symptom of the modern game mindset that we've all been conditioned into. In modern games the solution to a problem is always laid out in front of you, the path is never truly obstructed because some circumstance will always allow us to keep to our linear track. It seems to me that modern tradition can lead to a fair bit of overthinking in these situations, where the solution really is the obvious one; it's a treasure room of sorts, the means to open these are never kept inside them. On the other hand if you tunnel into a vault (literally or proverbially) you can make off with its contents (which I did).

So i'm gonna ask this again since it appears that most have a gotten a hold for the game.
    Can you guys tell me if a non-magic party is possible? I kinda want to do a roleplay of non-magic party in a magical world.
    I know you can infuse weapons or something with different elements to help against elemental resistant enemies?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Play the game and find out. Wouldn't that be the most interesting thing?