Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I'm really loving the interactivity. In the first Divine Divinity you could also stuff just about everything into your inventory or move it around, from massive rocks to chairs and all sorts of useless stuff. You could, however, not move beds or cupboards or anything really large but there was one special bed in the game that had no weight and you could could move it because it covered up a trap door. What the developers didn't consider was that you can drag this massive bed into your inventory and carry it around. So whenever you felt tired from exploring that sewer or dungeon you could pull out that bed from your pockets and take a nap.
    I'm hoping Original Sin allows for similar crazy stuff.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Loving it so far. A few minor interface quibbles but beyond that it's proving to be rather excellent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Combat's pleasantly tactical and suprisingly hard, though I've only recruited one out of the two available dudes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    My one complaint so far echoes DarkFenix above; there's lots of dialogue and while it seems serviceable and some of it is funny it also seems like it could get too much after a while.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (haven't played any of this, early access or otherwise) but isn't the idea that you have freedom to approach stuff in the game however you want? So there may be a huge amount of text for people that like talking to everyone but you don't need to read it all. And there are always supposed to be alternate ways of completing goals (like killing the old windbag quest giver and taking the reward).

Pretty excited about this anyway, definitely interested in picking it up once some reviews are out and I've got a few less games to play.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I'm really loving the interactivity. In the first Divine Divinity you could also stuff just about everything into your inventory or move it around, from massive rocks to chairs and all sorts of useless stuff. You could, however, not move beds or cupboards or anything really large but there was one special bed in the game that had no weight and you could could move it because it covered up a trap door. What the developers didn't consider was that you can drag this massive bed into your inventory and carry it around. So whenever you felt tired from exploring that sewer or dungeon you could pull out that bed from your pockets and take a nap.
    I'm hoping Original Sin allows for similar crazy stuff.
    One of my early quickloads was from underestimating the interactivity. I was moving a water barrel around in the town with telekinesis, then thinking it'd either clip through or bounce off a person I ended up accidentally squashing them into a red stain with the barrel. Whoops.

I just tried for 15 minutes to get past a deadly (2k+ damage) firetrap to get to the key to a chest. After deciding that the trap had out-smarted me I simply dragged the chest to the firetrap, the chest caught fire and got destroyed in 1 second, spilling all it's contents.

I have to ask a small thing about this game, can you succeed with only the main 2 characters? I usually don't like having companions in rpg's.

On easy probably, on normal I have trouble with three people. But maybe it'll be easier once the two mains are at higher levels.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 01-07-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The game is designed to have 2 characters with a companion each, so 4 characters in all. Some fights will be hard with 4 characters, I can't see it working with 2 at all.

The only thing I will say about the chat is its mainly busy in the busy market. I gets better outside of that. I think the problem is getting the balance from showing a busy market and not spamming the players.

I am loving it all so far.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well, there is the Lone Wolf trait. For those who don't know, it removes the ability for that character to take a henchman (so you can take it one one character and have one henchman, or take it on both and have none), but gives that character 80% more health, two more action points and an extra ability point per level (so if you're going to do this, do it from character creation or not at all). It strikes me that going with just your starting pair is quite viable if they're that strong.

Oh! Lone Wolf sounds great!
    Also, just wondering, for those who play alone, how do play with 2 character dialogues? I mean, do you let the ai pick the other character's options or do you do it yourselves?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Also, just wondering, for those who play alone, how do play with 2 character dialogues? I mean, do you let the ai pick the other character's options or do you do it yourselves?
    I try to roleplay them. Got a female rogue who's a bit of a dick (not evil, but she would definitely have shot Greedo first) and a male cleric who's basically trying to be Jesus and I let them fight it out. Seems to work fine so far and a bit of randomness doesn't hurt.

Im running a female knight and a male wizard/witch

I put the AI of the wizard to random. Sometimes he agrees with me, sometimes not. I enjoy it that way as it makes the adventure more unpredictable.

And I think you can also put both AI to random and watch them duke it out.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rogue HULK smash chests with hammer!!, Rogue HULK angry!!

The Lone Wolf trait does sound appealing, but do the additional members you can pick up for your party contribute to dialogue or the plot in anyway? Wouldn't want to miss out on that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They have their own ideas and opinions on things, from the beta they had no connection to the main story or quests in the area. I have no idea of past the beta area or on the latest side. I would imagine they have a quest line, but after that they are just there to flesh out a group.

There is a area in your homestead for them to stay, you should unlock it around the same time of meeting the first 2 companions in the town.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Oh! Lone Wolf sounds great!
    You pick it for both. You can even have them disagree and attempt to charm / intimidate / reason with each other.

Dialogue choices feed into what is kinda like alignment. There's eight or ten traits on a sliding scale (Romantic > Pragmatic for example) and having a given trait will usually give you a bonus to a skill or similar. It's possible (probably desirable) to have the two characters almost the complete opposite of each other.

Beginning to experience a lot of CTDs without apparent connection between them. Not noticing a memory leak or something like that. Alt-tabbing seems to amplify the issue though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They have fixed a crash with trade. I didn't experience any crashes during beta and its seemed very polished, at least from the forum side of bug reporting, so hopefully the new crashes are relatively easy to fix, the core should be sound.

I did notice that it took an age for my game to load this afternoon, the first I have seen of that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Regarding Lone Wolf. Don't. The buffs a character gets from it really don't make up for the penalty of losing a party member, it isn't a way to use two characters with close to the same effectiveness as four, it's what I've seen referred to in chat as a 'noob trap'. As it stands it seems more like a 'hardcore' mode for those who know the game inside out rather than an especially viable option.

At least that's the experience using two Lone Wolf characters, it's quite possibly feasible to have a tanky melee character with it for the extra health while your ranged support instead brings a henchman along. I'll have to experiment further.