Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

[VS and NC] Outfit Anniversary Meetup 2014 Organisation

RPS [VC & NC] International Meet, 2014
    28th November - 1st December

Where?
    The meet is being held in the Netherlands, at Breukelen in between Amsterdam and Utrecht.

Accommodation?
    We have booked a sixteen person apartment near Breukelen train station for the three nights (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).

I want in!
    Great, you need to sign up on this spreadsheet and provide the information asked for. You can stay the full weekend of three nights, or at a minimum can do two nights. Obviously it's best if you can do the three!

The deposit for the accommodation costs £21.50, payable immediately to Cei via bank transfer within the UK or PayPal from Europe (make sure you calculate the fees correctly, so £21.50 arrives at the other end). There may be a small additional deposit charge made if we do not fill all sixteen beds, but this is unlikely.

The final accommodation money will be due in October 2014. The exact amount needs to be calculated on the final numbers, but if all sixteen beds are filled the Friday and Saturday nights will be costing a mere 24 Euros per head, with the Sunday costing a little more due to lower numbers.

But the accommodation is full!
    Sorry Once we have the confirmed sixteen guests you'll need to start looking for somewhere to stay yourself. There's a hotel located near to where we are staying that has good TripAdviser reviews and is reasonably priced. During the day activities you can come and join everybody else!

Travel
    The closest airport is Schiphol (Amsterdam) which takes international and domestic flights. You can get the train from the airport to Breuleken (one change needed) for 6.40 Euros per person that takes around an hour. We may be able to organise collections from the airport depending upon arrival times etc.

Car is also an option, as parking is available.

Other things?
    The accommodation is self catering, so we'll be doing that - food poisoning ahoy!
    We will be playing many many board games, so if you have any, put them on the spreadsheet and we'll discuss which to bring.

I have more questions, who do I annoy?
    Irritate Cei. He seems to have been picked on to organise this shambles and wishes the giraffes would be more organised. Oh well.
    There's also a spreadsheet to indicate interest and board-game-owning

Quote Originally Posted by Original Post

Last edited by CMaster; 18-07-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Network Hub
    What is ZOE?
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm very unlikely to be able to afford Sweden, but I'll see what I can do.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Well if it is easier for ppl Stockholm is good. Lots of lowprice flights and shits.
    If we pick Malmö I would say that Copenhagen airport is the best option (but it makes the flight £10 more because of the train over the Öresundbron, a great creation between Denmark and Sweden ;D ), cuz it is a BIG one.

But I don't know, it depends on what you guys wants to do and what you are feeling the most... mmmm...
    Are we going to do the same thing again? beer and boardgames? cuz that shiet was AWESOME! *happydance*
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

I'd prefer Malmö over Stockholm, cos for a tenner more I'd like to spend a day in Denmark beforehand so I can add both countries to my list of places I've been to :P Then again I shouldn't have any influence over location, I've got a lot of debt to clear before I can even think of saving for this
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

I am so sorry for being a spammer, but i work every forth weekend, so I have put up a doodle with some dates.
    (actively removing my working weekends, if that is okay for you guys)
    My thinking is Fri-Sun not just the Friday. So just put yourself on the list and i can make another one for Stockholm/Malmö/Göteborg(if that is an alternative?)

http://doodle.com/k6z7zu66zgmn5mpr
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've always wanted to go to Stockholm!

So, next doodle.
    http://doodle.com/d36etmmabv7tyzyf
    Excuse my BAD spelling and grammar please!
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

I was just looking at some lowprice flights. Copenhagen have EasyJet for around £58-96 (14th-16th Nov) depending on what time of the day (ofc). BUUUT they don't fly to Stockholm tho, which I thought they did o.O
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

I'll look in to this, as last year was fun!

Damnit, the wife is going to the US for a week or something in September, costing nearly £1k. I should be allowed to go away for a weekend! I might even be adventurous and drive the car over on the FERRY BOAT.

Yes, the ferry. Mayhaps some people might like to join and make a trip out of it? I've taken the ferry to Sweden and Denmark in the past and really rather enjoyed the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    I'll look in to this, as last year was fun!

Damnit, the wife is going to the US for a week or something in September, costing nearly £1k. I should be allowed to go away for a weekend! I might even be adventurous and drive the car over on the FERRY BOAT.
    If you do, just remember!
    WE DRIVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE! NOT LEFT!!! =O
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

If ferryboats are happening, I'd like to get involved. I try to avoid flying if practical.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    If you do, just remember!
    WE DRIVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE! NOT LEFT!!! =O
    Shit, that was the problem I had last time. Just couldn't quite work it out y'know?

I do think ferryboats should happen. Off to the top of my head they sail from Harwich, and you get a much better dinner than on a bloody EasyJet plane.

If that is happening. I just seriously want you to look up the route. And notice the diff. between malmoe and stockholm...
    just saying!
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Sorry for the double post, can't seem to edit properly.

DFDS have stopped their direct route in to Sweden (booo!), but they still go to Esbjerg. After that it's a hop over the bridge to Sweden - though we're talking nearly 600m to Stockholm (375 to Gothenberg).

Ergo, I would probably vote Malmö.

Yeah, well it will take like 8h driving from malmö to stockholm and 2h to göteborg
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Ahh damnit. The route is closing in September 2014 That was also the only remaining ferry route in to Scandinavia (except a freight route in to Gothenberg, which does accept a few passengers but is quite expensive). Looks like that means flying, which means no car boot full of board games
    Last edited by Cei; 02-07-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Hmm, i don't understand why the h*** you're thinking about going on train or boat...

It might be fun for people who are on holidays, and happen to live exactly at the right place for a boat departure, but if you remember last time, most of us came with a direct flight, late after work.

There is no way I can take a flight, then a boat, then ride a train, and finally hitchhike on top of a donkey on a Friday night. First because most likely i would end up stuck at midnight somewhere after the last donkey departure, and second because even if there was somehow a timetable that made it work, it would be exhausting, and failure-prone ("oops sorry we cancelled the last train due to a donkey on the rails").

Think of how many people will want to come, from lot of different places, and pick a city with an international airport, please.

I don't like flying. Simple as.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Guys, if you keep letting Moxxi organise the doodles, we'll only ever get the options she wants (ie Sweden and when she has off)

I get the impression that Copenhagen -> Malmo (although there is a Malmo airport I think) is probably as close as a lot of city's airports actually are to their city.

@Cei - not man enough to drive all the through france/netherlands too? Hell, you could even say "fuck international bridges" and drive the old-fashioned way via the baltics and finland :P