Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    As a heads up, Dominicus has found a deal on the hotel down the road - http://www.hotelspecials.nl/hotels/v...ts=1&adults=2#

The website is in Dutch, but it's looking fairly cheap for any overspill we have. We'll discuss it tomorrow in more detail, but it looks promising.
    looks like 36 including breakfast, per night per person, for a double room.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

(Indeed, which seems reasonable!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm gonna be at work when this meeting tomorrow occurs.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

I've had a look for bigger places, but there doesn't seem to be any that allow for renting just one weekend.

Breukelen is a nice area, though. You're close to Utrecht, which is a moderately fun city (not as much as a tourist trap as Amsterdam). You're also close to the Loosdrechtse plassen, which is a set of lakes/watersport/nature preserve area. You could rent a boat if you want.

It's also close to Amsterdam (31 minutes by train, 2 trains per hour, 5,30e single trip, direct connection). Amsterdam is a huge tourist trap at pretty much all times of year, and it's totally not my bag (I'm from the other side of the country, it's like an England/Scotland thing). But, it's a huge tourist trap and you guys are tourists. I would recommend you go because there is a lot of stuff to see. Do go by train, parking in Amsterdam is more expensive than the train ticket, even if you're alone.

If you see a coffee shop, remember they don't actually sell any coffee.

That's the thing, a bigger place basically meant a hostel in Amsterdam, which wasn't really ideal. Plus, at the time, we had only 10 people who had indicated interest in attending - so a 16 bed looked highly reasonable. What's happened since then is that additional people have come forwards in much larger numbers than planned for. There were no larger places showing up on searches, so to be honest I couldn't have done much else.

Breukelen does have a hotel, which is very close, and we've found cheap deals for there as long as people book soon. There's also additional holiday apartments that sleep anywhere from 3-6 people on the other side of Breukelen that don't cost much either, and are a short car hop away.

Basically, it's going to shake out this way:
    1) The accommodation fills up
    2) Newcomers after that point will need to either group up and book an additional apartment for themselves or book individually in to a hotel or wherever they wish.

The big thing we need to decide tomorrow is how to handle the fact we have 19 people on the spreadsheet at the moment and only 16 beds. Who get priority? I don't want to decide that by myself, so want to get a steer from the people who are attending so we're doing something that is judged to be fair.
    Last edited by Cei; 20-07-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Money sent!

I think I'm missing something, what's Cei's credit card number and addre-- bank account number and sort code? I've got millions tied up in Nigeria I need to get out of the country.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I think I'm missing something, what's Cei's credit card number and addre-- bank account number and sort code? I've got millions tied up in Nigeria I need to get out of the country.
    PM him for the details.

Righto, I assumed as much.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

PMs all replied to.

Boffin, your transaction is registering
    Last edited by Cei; 20-07-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    stuff
    I wasn't criticizing the decision, I just tried to find alternative accomodation because this thing became so big.

There's a few places, but I excluded them based on the fact that they're in Limburg (the southeast "leg" thing on the Netherlands), which is quite a while away from the usual tourist destinations. Or Groningen, which is the hillbilly redneck type province that's all the way in the northeast. There's little to see there, unless you're up for seeing the best bicycling city in the world.

I didn't take it as a criticism, just explaining the logic for everybody to have a read of so they know what went on. We'll discuss alternative accommodation sites tomorrow evening and hopefully people will still be happy

Regardless, it's awesome this many people want to come, just surprising.

Activated Node
    Money on the way Cei!

C'mon, who put "Freedom lodge payment" as their reference? mickygor? I need names on them as otherwise I can't tell who has done what!

Yeah it was me, figured it would be obvious
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Well I did work it out It's just slightly tricky as there's a whole bundle of transactions for the same amount all arriving at the same time with references that mean very little...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Shhhhhhhhh.

Some of us put our ingame names in the ref. /teacherspet

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    Some of us put our ingame names
    I did that - but only after discarding various options like "For services rendered", "Undisclosed", "Money Laundering" etc

One of my friends transferred 250 to me once, and labelled it as "sex toys". Two days later I had a call from the bank for fraud prevention reasons, and they asked me to verify the last five transactions. Yep.