Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Network Hub
    I missed it then. No worries Albedo.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Well, sort it out between the two of you and let me know. I'm only saying that we agreed a first come first serve rule to avoid messy fights. However, don't forget there is a cheap hotel literally a few mins away that you can stay at too!

Network Hub
    Arbitrary rules to minimize clutter when planning are worth gold and should be respected. I'll take the hotel and be glad about it, SO THERE.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

The hotel will be fine - plus you'll only be there to sleep.

http://www.hotelspecials.nl/hotels/van_der_valk_hotel_breukelen.html?nights=1&units=1 &adults=2#
    One of our Dutch dudes can help you book?

EDIT: And let me know what happens, spreadsheet needs updating etc.
    Last edited by Cei; 07-08-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    You dont havt to bring any for me. I dont know how to cook it xD
    Bring your smile and happyness instead
    What kind of hunter do you take me as that i couldn't skin and cook what i kill?
    (Not to mention the bunch of chefs we seem to got, would presume some others know how to do steaks or liver =)

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    What kind of hunter do you take me as that i couldn't skin and cook what i kill?
    (Not to mention the bunch of chefs we seem to got, would presume some others know how to do steaks or liver =)
    fair enough
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can't wait to meat you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    mmmm meat MUAAHAHAHHAHA!!!
    Be my friend on Steam

OK, so I'll be joining you in the farm. As usual.

I think I'm going to get the boat across and cycle there. Holland's flat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by albedophillip View Post
    Holland's flat, right?
    Couldn't think of a nicer place to cycle, and I've cycled through 11 European countries.

If there's anything you'd like me to bring for you to use, to save weight on the bike, just let me know. Happy to share shampoo/shower gel/tooth paste and other consumables.
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

I can't wait to eat you!
    Right, everybody needs to watch out for Rizlar. Seems he likes the taste of human flesh...

I think I'm going to get the boat across and cycle there. Holland's flat, right?
    Apparently so. I'll be taking my Brompton just in case there's a use for a bike whilst we're there.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    Couldn't think of a nicer place to cycle, and I've cycled through 11 European countries.

If there's anything you'd like me to bring for you to use, to save weight on the bike, just let me know. Happy to share shampoo/shower gel/tooth paste and other consumables.
    Ditto, as I'm driving over I can act as somewhat of a pack horse for people who are travelling lighter.

Network Hub

Cycling from the hook? I was considering the same, decided not to, but if some one else is I might join you.

Thanks for the offers of transporting stuff, that's good of you both. I'll bear in it mind.

kreggurree - I think I'm pretty definitely committed to cycling - I don't have a lot of leave (or money) left, so I need to try and stack exciting experiences on top of each other. Would be great to have some company!

I was thinking about getting the train to Harwich, overnight ferry to the hook on thursday and having a full day friday to get there - it's only about four hours of cycling, but I was planning on getting pretty horrendously lost.

Would probably aim to get a 2.30pm ferry back on sunday (or maybe Monday...) All of this is pretty flexible.

Go for the Monday ferry - you get an extra night with us for fun times, and there's a bunch of us travelling back on the Monday anyway. I've got a cabin for myself and Rizlar, and I'm sure we can pack in there (or elsewhere) for another board game or two.

Network Hub
    One of my considerations before was do I take Monday of as well as I don't want to mud the Sunday. Where I can fly late on the Sunday if needed.

My plan also included the over night ferry on Thursday. Possibly getting a 10 train ticket from Liverpool Street.

I am so exited over this!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be my friend on Steam

Network Hub
    Is it just me or does that (and especially the version Cei "quoted") sound like a double entendre?
    If not, i blame internets.

If there's more people who need the hotel room, could they (if they so wish) stay with rest of you who stay for sunday night? Quite a few of us will be vacating spots on sunday. Just a thought.

Yes, there are slots available on Sunday at the accommodation, numbers depend on how many of the confirmed people put themselves down as a no. So yes, hotel for only 2 nights is easily an option.

Alright I've been talked into staying sunday as well. (Have updated.)

Kregguree - PM me if you decide you want to cycle and we can talk logistics.

While it's unlikely I'd want anyone to transport anything for me, it might be good if I could give someone some cash for food & refreshments so I don't need to stuff 48 cans of carling into my panniers. Anyway, maybe something to sort out nearer the time.

Yay.

Yeah, I can easily pick up booze on the ferry for you and sling it in the car. I was likely to get a fair bit on there anyway...

We'll have a logistics chat on Mumble in October, once final payments have been made, to organise things like food and all that.