Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I'm tempted - the weekend time investment is something I could do (dependant on where in the world you are, of course - my clock is GMT, well, BST for the next week or so). Not sure if the word 'sensible' applies, however.

I'm likely to be too inept and inexperienced at MMOs for your purposes, though. I've played WoW a wee bit, but have always been a solo-player. I'd possibly be a liability.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well I definitely can't make it this weekend, but I would be happy to run a team, say, next Thursday night?

Oh! Something to remember:

The tutorial is a single-player instance, so unless you want to be hanging around for ages I would suggest that everyone who's interested go through the tutorial on their own prior to whatever the agreed start time is.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    The tutorial is a single-player instance, so unless you want to be hanging around for ages I would suggest that everyone who's interested go through the tutorial on their own prior to whatever the agreed start time is.
    Ah, good point. Do that everyone. (Is it possible to skip it?)

The Tupper: I'm inexperienced if anyone is. Don't let that stop you.

Just in case it wasn't clear: put a green mark in the sheet if you are joining the session. To schedule a new one, just write the date in the next line. I imagine we will be writing adventure names or something there later on as well.

We should also try to get our hands on a Mumble server if anyone can help out with that.

I don't think we have to care too much about overlapping classes if we are going to be 6 player groups, but try to leave room for a healer, a rogue and a tank perhaps? Anyone more experienced who can tell us how much that matters?

Anyone care to do some on Saturday? I could probably make the 10pm, but it's just at the end of the super special Folk ArmA session
    Last edited by Harlander; 23-09-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I thought that was 10am to 12 - if it's 10pm to 12am, I think I will be busy missing the FOLK session by being busy being out at a comedy thing - it's like I will be double missing this thing.

Hows about a 10 in the morning to 12 noon o'clock on Sunday thing for the others?

10-12 am? That's more viable, but who schedules game meetups in the morning?

10am to 12noon is what I meant. Sorry about any confusion over that.

(I still find it confusing that 12 am comes after 11 pm and 12 pm comes after 11 am.)
    Last edited by Jolima; 23-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Not your fault; it turns out I can't read

wait, now I have to go back and undo my spreadsheet post. Although come to think of it, that's really easy. I'll post up an evening session in case anyone fancies that

10am to 12pm is a pretty long session, no? On the other hand it seems as if the Dungeons could take a while to do, so no idea how much of a time investment this could be.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd be tentatively interested, had DDO briefly a while back. Played it long enough to unlock a thingydoodah or two but didn't get far (solo is boring!).

Though saturday is my day for catching up on sleep, mornings don't exist for me on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    10am to 12pm is a pretty long session, no? On the other hand it seems as if the Dungeons could take a while to do, so no idea how much of a time investment this could be.
    Am I still confusing people? 10am to 12noon? Is that better? Stupid 12 hour system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post

We should also try to get our hands on a Mumble server if anyone can help out with that.
    We HAVE a mumble server!
    Praise the mighty name of Nullkigan.
    Any user on the RPS mumbles can make a channel, but Nullks has set up a DDO channel for us. The mumble deets can be found in the Arma thread - also there's a donate thread, but there's a decent amount of mumble time in the bank at the moment.

There's a thread about the mumbles here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...-Mumble-server
    Last edited by President Weasel; 23-09-2011 at 10:45 PM.

For ease of access: server.herosquad.org on default ports
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The integrated party-based voicechat in DDO works pretty good.

I strongly recommend not skipping the tutorial - the storyline around icy Korthos is rather nice. (And it's new to those of you who haven't played in the past two and a half years.)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

I had to do my tutorial in some bodged together tutorial instance on Tutorial Island. I am intrigued by all this new fangled stuff they have introduced since 2007.

Also I strongly recommend getting mumble (which is free) and getting it set up and connecting to the RPS community mumble server (which will probably take you about 6 minutes to sort out).

DDO has in game voice. Mumble is better though.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 23-09-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I am down like several clowns for a game sunday morn, I'll be up for the rugby so forgive me if I am erratically tired - the mumble server is great and a good idea, I am happy to go healy cleric as I see we dont have one so long as no one shouts at me for being too newb (I did play bard on LOTRO but its been a while), I am excited!

Actually, the tutorial was completely redone for the move to F2P. It's now a set of missions and a really neat storyline about a frost dragon that you can do solo or in groups. When it was put in, you got awarded Turbine store points for completing the missions on Elite (which isn't hard with two or three people.) I'm fairly sure this is still the case. Doing each dungeon on solo/normal/hard/elite was a good way to get the first couple levels under your belt, and give you practice with the combat system and the game.

Has a server been decided?

EDIT: and DDO has ingame voice comms, btw.

The opening bit of the tutorial - the bit in the cavey grotto - bugged out for me. There's this point where a guy goes on ahead and you're meant to catch up and talk to him. Except he'd gone so far ahead that he'd faded from all existence. Blaarrrgghhh....

As for servers, I thought Ghallanda was chosen

I got it installed and played through that first cave on Ghallanda. Is that the end of the tutorial so we can (should) play through the rest together? I'll poke around some more tomorrow and maybe restart with a new character as well.